British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   truckers from the UK immigrating to Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/truckers-uk-immigrating-canada-717208/)

Diet Coke May 16th 2011 1:51 pm

truckers from the UK immigrating to Canada

Hello,

I am in need of a little information from UK truckers immigrating to Canada.

I am wondering if you have used any companies to help you with your task in hand and if so can you recommend them to me please.

I would very much appreciate it.

Many Thanks DC

Gremmie May 16th 2011 2:05 pm

Re: truckers from the UK immigrating to Canada

Originally Posted by Diet Coke (Post 9367454)
Hello,

I am in need of a little information from UK truckers immigrating to Canada.

I am wondering if you have used any companies to help you with your task in hand and if so can you recommend them to me please.

I would very much appreciate it.

Many Thanks DC

Do it all your self, dont waist money on so called immigration experts, it aint rocket science and will save you $$$$$$$$$$$$

flat to the mat May 16th 2011 2:13 pm

Gremmie is correct :eek: absolutely no need to use any sort of immigration expert,the only thing they'll do for you is relieve you of a couple of grand,and for doing what? If you do your own paperwork it'll probably be faster as well.

Diet Coke May 16th 2011 5:37 pm

Thank you I will look into it.:thumbup:

nwtrucker May 16th 2011 7:07 pm

I'll 3rd that! Do it yer sen and save yer wedge!!

kb33 May 16th 2011 7:51 pm

+ 4

Diet Coke May 16th 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you so much.

xx DC xx

didster7 May 22nd 2011 11:02 am

I have not used one, a bit of reading and research and i did it myself, ( if i can do it anybody can )

kml1056 Dec 15th 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by didster7 (Post 9380379)
I have not used one, a bit of reading and research and i did it myself, ( if i can do it anybody can )

Hi didster7
Could you please give me some information on how to apply for canadian hgv class 1 job. I am a British citizen. I had always thought of coming to canada but never had someone to show the correct path including all this immigration law and how to get LMO, and other things.

thanx:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

kml1056 Dec 15th 2011 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9367478)
Do it all your self, dont waist money on so called immigration experts, it aint rocket science and will save you $$$$$$$$$$$$

HI Gremmie could you please guide me on this. Where do i start form the scratch. I am HGV class 1 driver in UK and would like to come to canada and do the same job. I have emailed few logistic company in based in canada but never had any reply.

thnx

stephen fielden Dec 15th 2011 2:46 pm

It

stephen fielden Dec 15th 2011 2:53 pm

Three words come to mind Research Research Research :blink::blink:

kml1056 Dec 15th 2011 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by stephen fielden (Post 9790398)
Three words come to mind Research Research Research :blink::blink:

Hi Stephen, Some time when you do too much Research, it might lead you to hasitation and the past moment might never come back. So this time for Canada i want to Go with a Flow. What could be the worst... jobless for few month... i think i will take a chance..

dave_lol66 Dec 15th 2011 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kml1056 (Post 9790341)
I have emailed few logistic company in based in canada but never had any reply.

thnx

Phone them but be sure to take into account the time difference.

nwtrucker Dec 15th 2011 3:44 pm

Pick an area, do your research, don't bother emailing they more than likely will not respond, ringing will get a foot in the door. I would also stay away from the usual suspects advertising! There are hundreds of hauliers so keep that search net wide!! As for feeling like driving in Canada 'in the moment', I'd prepare for a long haul depending on what route you take. They are not quick at processing at the moment and that 'feeling' of wanting it can become demoralising if your life is put on hold for an extended period, especially if you've got kids! Like someone said, research research research!!! Good luck!