truck training

Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ardara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default truck training

Hi all ,I am fairly new to this site so I apologise if I ask anything that has been asked before.

We are a family of four who have recently recieved our PR,hoping to move to either BC or Alberta if and when the house sells.

Planning on a recce trip early next year.

I am currently a heavy plant operator with experience driving offroad dumptrucks and manouvering arctics and rigids in a recycling site.

Hoping to go for a career change and take my class 1 .

I am prepared to stay out nights and travel long distance.

Does anyone know of any companies that will pay for my training if I work for them?

I am grateful for any advice.

We will consider living in other states but have so far only visited the west.

Thanks again
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: truck training

I don't know of any that pay for the training /test. After all they could pay then you bugger off Mine cost me $1900, Not a massive sum in the greater scheme of things.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi it was a long shot but worth a try.

who did you train with? do you recommend anyone?

what are my chances of getting a well paid job seeing as i will be new to truck driving?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future

hi adara. if you come to edmonton alberta. try DONAVANS. he will tell you how much retraining you need without ripping you off. any he explains it all very well. he does the airbrake exam on saturdays. hope that helps.

chris, (new!! fuel driver edmonton)
Old Dec 6th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ardara
Hi all ,I am fairly new to this site so I apologise if I ask anything that has been asked before.

We are a family of four who have recently recieved our PR,hoping to move to either BC or Alberta if and when the house sells.

Planning on a recce trip early next year.

I am currently a heavy plant operator with experience driving offroad dumptrucks and manouvering arctics and rigids in a recycling site.

Hoping to go for a career change and take my class 1 .

I am prepared to stay out nights and travel long distance.

Does anyone know of any companies that will pay for my training if I work for them?

I am grateful for any advice.

We will consider living in other states but have so far only visited the west.

Thanks again

Try 'Challenger' thye are associated with Swift in the US who do paid training.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info,much appreciated.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

If you are thinking about Calgary you could try www.ccatruckdrivertraining.com
I know a number of people who have used them without any problems.
Sam