Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Truck driving revision Books

Truck driving revision Books

Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:04 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck driving revision Books

Originally Posted by serio
I know where that is.

Just wondering if you moved to ontario would you have to retake you test??????
No, just exchange it
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck driving revision Books

My actual on road test was a joke

We wet off and at the first intersection when asked to turn right I waited what seemed like ages for traffic then pulled out and unlike in a british test the examiner asked me why I pulled out in front of traffic ?
"Because I dont want to sit there for hours"
He glared at me ... ten mins later at a set of lights and told to turn right the light changed to green and I drove to the center of the juction to his total amazement Then when the lights changed again and oncoming traffic stoped I turned left of course ... "Well ! I have never seen that before, that was good, everyone should do that .... once comitted you had to go"
This examiner had never seen anyone take a left turn in the proper way

Then came the parallel parking ..... "Reverse park just there"
"But there's no car to reverse around or between" I said.
"Just imagine there is" He said.
I went to back up and he shouted "STOP ! ... what are you doing ? You are supposed to get out and walk behind first"
"Why ?"
"To see if there is anything behind" ha said.
"Whats the point in that ? .... if I did that then walked back to the cab a car could pull up" I said.
"Thats not the point" He said "The point is its the rules, if you want I could get out and look"
"Ok .... you get out and look" I said and he did so

Dispite all this and the arguments with the examiner ...... I passed