truck driving in canada

Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

weegaz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default truck driving in canada

hi looking for some advise.

i am looking to move to canada in the very near future.

i am a truck driver in the uk, and looking to continue that in canada.

only problem i may have is that 10 years and 2 months ago i was convicted of driving while under the influence of alcohol. this lead to me having a criminal record.

can any one tell me if they know how hard it will be to get a trucking job in canada or if they now of companies who may consider recruiting me.

thanks for your time
Gary
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Default Re: truck driving in canada

Hi Gary, If you know of any trucking companies i would contact them direct, reason being, they will have recruited a few drivers and may have had a few denied for particular issues, you can ask on here, however; laws change when trying to migrate, also you could go to a consultant, that will cost, so my opinion is contact the truck companies. A long time has gone by my friend, i hope it isnt an issue, ring the companies and ask them. {You have more chance of this than shaking the Queens hand]
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

You should be alright in Canada,but will never get into the States hence limiting your options for prospective employers.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weegaz23
hi looking for some advise.

i am looking to move to canada in the very near future.

i am a truck driver in the uk, and looking to continue that in canada.

only problem i may have is that 10 years and 2 months ago i was convicted of driving while under the influence of alcohol. this lead to me having a criminal record.

can any one tell me if they know how hard it will be to get a trucking job in canada or if they now of companies who may consider recruiting me.

thanks for your time
Gary
Now I'm no expert, but after 10 years DD is off your licence? Also, apply for a criminal record check? See whats on it, you might get a pleasant surprise?