Truck driving in Canada

Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

gearjammer01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Truck driving in Canada

never been a shirt and tie driver, allways been a roper and sheeter, low loaders etc, some tank and fridge work, rdc work no thanks, but believe me I have driven the worst of them, the point i am trying to make is that the build quality,not to mention the comfort level and ergonomic design are hard to ignore when compared to KWs and Petes, but look at the new VT880 from volvo it will soon take over, no doubt, but i do think the american trucks do look good. but as i said i respect your opinion.

does anyone know the where abouts of colin archer,he worked for Prudhomme for a short while then moved to challenger,i would like to get back in touch with him if anyone knows where he is i would appreciate it if they could let me know.

i was told today that it is no longer possible to get a work permit for anywhere other than the maritimes can anyone confirm this for me.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

As I respect yours..

But build quality is different to ergonomic design. Agreed, driving a Scania is like driving a top range Saab, but that doesn't alter anything. I was Tesco for 4 years in all, but on the Cornwall trunk which was not the same as the regular people in Magor.

And I was on farm work for years, as well as owning my own kit, tanks and tauts and flats, so I haven't exactly sat on my heels.

In honesty, I think my Pete has the Euro trucks beaten in all but the looks. OK, so there are 19 gauges instead of a digital dash, but everything that can be there is there, and there as standard equipment.

I did the winter roads for 2 years. Sorry, but no standard euro truck would take that, not a chance.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearjammer01
Hey simon, how are you mate, its great to hear from you. what are you up to and how are the family ,are you still working driving trucks. I knew when I got on the plane I was making a big mistake, but the truth be told mum would have died,so what could I do. listen why dont you email me on my private email. this thing doesnt allow me to email anyone privatley yet.
Not sure if it allows me to PM people either,will look into it.We're all good my friend,thoroughly enjoying the "new" life,sort of still driving,have literally just set up an on-site refuelling venture so work is HECTIC !!
Kroon has a leather jacket for you and needs an address to send it to,remind me when I suss the emailing thing.LOL.
I will be in touch.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Not sure if it allows me to PM people either,will look into it.We're all good my friend,thoroughly enjoying the "new" life,sort of still driving,have literally just set up an on-site refuelling venture so work is HECTIC !!
Kroon has a leather jacket for you and needs an address to send it to,remind me when I suss the emailing thing.LOL.
I will be in touch.
Email sent.