truck driving

Old May 29th 2007, 8:00 am
Just Joined

lucyann10 is on a distinguished road
Default truck driving

can anyone give me some tips as to how to get an offer of employment as a truck driver in alberta
Old May 29th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck driving

hi my husband has been sending his resume off to companies all over canada. as long as you have clean licence never in trouble with police and got 2/3 years experience there are lots of companies hiring.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:18 am
Just Joined

thank you my husband has sent a few resumes off but only had one reply
Old May 29th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi and welcome to BE,
If you dont mind where you live Yanke are recruiting in Saskatchewn and i believe Transx in Winnipeg also, give them a try there on the web, also Yanke had adverts in the national press last week so maybe if you give them a call you could probably get an interview in the next week or so with them as they are in the UK now recruiting, I have an interview on Thursday with them. You need to speak to Jennifer Webb or Sara snow but they are in the uk but i guess they could give you a number to ring them here.
Give it try nothing to lose i guess.
All the best,
LOAFY...
Old May 29th 2007, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

thank you my husband actually sent his resume there today but we had a reply saying that they were not in the country so we guessed that they were here interviewing. will try to give them a ring i think
Old May 30th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by lucyann10
can anyone give me some tips as to how to get an offer of employment as a truck driver in alberta

Just wanted to say welcome to the BE forum.

Apparently Canada is crying out for truck drivers, so they say, so hope you have loads of luck on your journey ahead. Suppose it just depends where you want to settle or can you go where the jobs are!

Anyway, wish you all the best.

Old May 30th 2007, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

thanks

not really to worried where we go as long as the job makes it worth our while,
although i really fancy alberta.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

not really to worried where we go as long as the job makes it worth our while,
although i really fancy alberta.
Plenty of truck driving jobs in AB to choose from the job bank.
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_e...ent&Student=No
Good luck
Yoong
Old May 30th 2007, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

hi
thanks for that website its wicked so many jobs on there i couldnt believe it

cheers
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:09 am
Just Joined

hi
thanks for that website its wicked so many jobs on there i couldnt believe it

cheers
H&R

my husband has an interview with H&R in July does anyone know anthing about this company
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

H&R

my husband has an interview with H&R in July does anyone know anthing about this company
HiLucyann

You could also try the newspapers out there. This is the link for the Southern Alberta newspapers job pages - tonnes of trucking jobs there too.

Gay
x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:53 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Can you drive a truck?

If you breathe against a mirror, does it steam up?

If the answer to both these question is "yes", then send resumes to the usual suspects and wait for an offer.

If the answer to either is "no", then either you have no right to expect a job as a trucker, or you dont have much of a future ahead of you anyway
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura aboutPaulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura aboutPaulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura about

Notiain do you work for the department of stating the bleeding obvious ?
It appears not all people are as clued up on all things Canadian as you are.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulie Wallnuts
Notiain do you work for the department of stating the bleeding obvious ?
It appears not all people are as clued up on all things Canadian as you are.
Hey Paulie

You are relatively new to the forum and sometimes it is hard to interpret what people mean.

Some of us old timers on here have a strange sense of humour - probably due to the stress of moving over in my case.

Iaink was probably making a little bit of a joke that has gone straight over your head hun

Gay
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,as i live in Switzerland i was unable to attend any of these job interviews,just to bloody expensive. So i serched the web and found thousands of truck companies. Simply google :- Manitoba Transport Assoc. There you will find all of there memebers ( with websites)...scroll down the same page and you'll find all of the other Provinces transport Assoc. I sent out over 300 CV'S and had about 100 replies,these i whittled down to 10 or so.Then i checked out there base of opps,what kind of work, area and housing etc. Me i'm off to Kamloops BC next month. Hope this helps you and any others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.