Truck Drivers in PEI

Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Biglad259 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Truck Drivers in PEI

Hello from a newbie. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anybody know of any Trucking company in Prince Edward Island or New Brunswick, that are taking on foreign drivers with LMO's?
Thanks in advance for any Replies.

Last edited by Sue; Feb 28th 2014 at 10:58 pm. Reason: Moved to Trucking section.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Drivers in PEI

Originally Posted by Biglad259
Hello from a newbie. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anybody know of any Trucking company in Prince Edward Island or New Brunswick, that are taking on foreign drivers with LMO's?
Thanks in advance for any Replies.
You've posted this in the 'job offers' section rather than the 'jobs wanted' - you might want to repost it in the right place, or hopefully a mod of this forum will move it for you.

Out of interest, why PEI or NB?
Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Biglad259 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You've posted this in the 'job offers' section rather than the 'jobs wanted' - you might want to repost it in the right place, or hopefully a mod of this forum will move it for you.

Out of interest, why PEI or NB?
My wife really likes the look of that part of Canada. And we all know if the Long Haired General is happy then we are happy.

We are aware though that we may have to go somewhere else to gain entry and then move on if we get PR.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 1:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biglad259
My wife really likes the look of that part of Canada. And we all know if the Long Haired General is happy then we are happy.

We are aware though that we may have to go somewhere else to gain entry and then move on if we get PR.
And you're aware that your wife won't be able to work in NB or PEI until she gets PR? There are some provinces that give an open work permit to spouses of long haul truckers, but not NB or PEI.

You can certainly apply for PR in NB as a trucker though, no idea about PEI but double check the PNP.

Good luck.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't bother with PEI, the standard of work available there is very poor with only a few long haul firms and its all reefer work with the usual endless unpaid waiting time and expectation to then run all night to break even. NB is a bit better as there is a more varied set of options but compared to western parts of Canada the wages and conditions lag a long way behind.
You can apply for PNP/PR as a truck driver in all of the Maritime provinces and when I went through the process in 2010 the spouse of a truck driver received an open work permit as soon as PNP was granted, you didn't have to wait for full PR, though this may be different now. Its still quite a wait though as you used to be able to apply for PNP in New Brunswick after 6 months of continuous employment, now its 12 months, so realistically your wife would be waiting 18 (ish) months from the day you arrive until she has the right to work and thats providing you applied for PNP/PR as soon as you're eligible. Unless of course she can find a job and get an LMO and work permit for that job in her own right, which is what many truckers wives have done.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Try Ayr Motor Express,they are in Woodstock NB ,they have a foreign drivers recruitment program ,dont pay good but most of the east coast companies are like that.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Try Ayr Motor Express,they are in Woodstock NB ,they have a foreign drivers recruitment program ,dont pay good but most of the east coast companies are like that.
Don't try Ayr Motors, their pay is not just bad, it is shocking, the worst I've heard of since being here and unless anybody brings enough money to live on until they find a proper paying job, they will soon be up s--- creek.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Don't try Ayr Motors, their pay is not just bad, it is shocking, the worst I've heard of since being here and unless anybody brings enough money to live on until they find a proper paying job, they will soon be up s--- creek.
I agree with you Neil but for some reason drivers want to go to east coast !(because its pretty?)
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Neil but for some reason drivers want to go to east coast !(because its pretty?)
Yes, but Ayr Motors are particularly bad, you can't even live in the truck because I think IIRC they double-man you training for 3 months and the rate is something like 18cpm.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Are you joking ? might as well recommend any of the Surrey BC companies while you're at it . Would you work for either ? NO !!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Are you joking ? might as well recommend any of the Surrey BC companies while you're at it . Would you work for either ? NO !!
Funny, you mention the Surrey BC lot, they were advertising on this very site in the job section.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Lol,its the only company i know out there who take on foriegn drivers.I knew an irish guy who went there ,he did ok but as I said some drivers want to go there because its pretty??
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

99% of the companies here take on foreign drivers. Ayr Motors have good work and equipment but the way they work makes it a big no no for most people, which is why they have 40 different nationalities behind the wheel and a huge driver turnover. You can earn good money there for the area but you will either be slip seating, ie in a different truck each and every trip and if you do get your own truck, which you will if you want to, it'll be used by someone else while you're on your time off so in effect you'll have to remove most of your bits any way for the very same reason you wouldn't leave your valuables in or near a Willi Betz truck.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Drakkar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilg14
Yes, but Ayr Motors are particularly bad, you can't even live in the truck because I think IIRC they double-man you training for 3 months and the rate is something like 18cpm.

Wow! ... .18cpm and I thought 0.25cpm was low!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coritani
99% of the companies here take on foreign drivers. Ayr Motors have good work and equipment but the way they work makes it a big no no for most people, which is why they have 40 different nationalities behind the wheel and a huge driver turnover. You can earn good money there for the area but you will either be slip seating, ie in a different truck each and every trip and if you do get your own truck, which you will if you want to, it'll be used by someone else while you're on your time off so in effect you'll have to remove most of your bits any way for the very same reason you wouldn't leave your valuables in or near a Willi Betz truck.
I hear what you are saying but I have seen comments on other trucking threads from Brit drivers wanting to come to Canda and having problems getting a company with LMOs .I know the rates are lower in the eastern provinces but if someone can get an LMO with one of these companies ,it maybe a foot in the door to PR in Canada? I started with a crappy company in MB ,soon as I got PR I moved on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.