British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Truck drivers don't have 5 GCSE will have to do the GED to get AINP nomination. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/truck-drivers-dont-have-5-gcse-will-have-do-ged-get-ainp-nomination-789233/)

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 8:00 am

Truck drivers don't have 5 GCSE will have to do the GED to get AINP nomination.

If you come to Alberta as a Truck driver and do not 5 GCSE'S you will have to sit the Canadian GED before the Govement will give you your AINP nomination, but its not such a big deal!!!!

alandoug Mar 3rd 2013 3:25 pm

Re: Truck drivers don't have 5 GCSE will have to do the GED to get AINP nomination.

Originally Posted by Smudger75 (Post 10580163)
If you come to Alberta as a Truck driver and do not 5 GCSE'S you will have to sit the Canadian GED before the Govement will give you your AINP nomination, but its not such a big deal!!!!

Alberta web site states you need to prove you had a high school education. You will have to do a language test.

kb33 Mar 3rd 2013 3:27 pm

Re: Truck drivers don't have 5 GCSE will have to do the GED to get AINP nomination.

Originally Posted by Smudger75 (Post 10580163)

Yeah it cant that hard if you passed it Smithy !! :rofl:

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10580657)
Yeah it cant that hard if you passed it Smithy !! :rofl:

It's a good job it wasn't enforced when you came over otherwise you'd be back in Leeds working with Daz!! Lol:eek:

kb33 Mar 3rd 2013 3:48 pm

I was smart enough to come over at the right time ;)

And shouldn't you be getting some OT in , I heard wifey is looking at $1/2 million show houses ;):rofl:

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10580677)
I was smart enough to come over at the right time ;)

And shouldn't you be getting some OT in , I heard wifey is looking at $1/2 million show houses ;):rofl:

It must just be us bradford boys that miss the boat then!!
She is looking and that appeases her at the moment, and also the reason I'm in Yellowknife to get me out of the way so she can't spend or sign on the dotted line!!:p

kb33 Mar 3rd 2013 4:06 pm

My house is getting listed in a few weeks , Should come and take a look its got everything and more than any show house . ;)

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10580700)
My house is getting listed in a few weeks , Should come and take a look its got everything and more than any show house . ;)

She's after a walkout mate so I think the budget will be pushed a bit higher! She said your looking at BC aren't you? Lots if fishing there mate!! :thumbsup:

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by alandoug (Post 10580654)
Alberta web site states you need to prove you had a high school education. You will have to do a language test.

If you can't show 5 GCSE'S or the equivalent you have to sit the GED and if English is not your first language you will have to take the language test.

kb33 Mar 3rd 2013 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Smudger75 (Post 10580707)
She's after a walkout mate so I think the budget will be pushed a bit higher! She said your looking at BC aren't you? Lots if fishing there mate!! :thumbsup:

Yeah six Albertan winters are enough for us , Don't fancy a 7th :eek:

Its snowing like crazy now :o

We've had enough of the cookie cutter living in small town Okotoks , Time to find a little rancher out in the boonies of BC , Wifey can do all the gardening she wants while I fish for giant Sturgeon and Salmon :thumbsup:

Stay safe buddy if the weather up there is anything like it is here , You'll need to draw the snow curtains ;)

deerhunter74 Mar 3rd 2013 5:20 pm

what if you cant prove you dont have a high school education anyway around that

kb33 Mar 3rd 2013 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by deerhunter74 (Post 10580786)

Yeah take the GED exam

http://www.education.alberta.ca/stud...d/centres.aspx and now the LELTS exam as well
http://www.ieltscanada.ca

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by deerhunter74 (Post 10580786)

You will have to go to your local collage and register for the GED, pass all 5 exams job done!

jamesmc Mar 3rd 2013 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Smudger75 (Post 10580713)
If you can't show 5 GCSE'S or the equivalent you have to sit the GED and if English is not your first language you will have to take the language test.

just asking mind;) thought you had to do the test even if English is your first /only language if you cant prove Education.for provincial nomination or is this an AB only thing.
jimmy

Smudger75 Mar 3rd 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 10580809)
just asking mind;) thought you had to do the test even if English is your first /only language if you cant prove Education.for provincial nomination or is this an AB only thing.
jimmy

I can only comment on Alberta where it is in place!