truck drivers canada

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:02 am
  #61  
Whatacomplete Member
Thread Starter
 
koogar's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,527
koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Hi Kay.
Have a look here http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada

Good luck
koogar is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:50 am
  #62  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Hi Koog,You seem to be in the know,have you or anybody out there heard of Ideal Driver Training,of Winnipeg.They recruit Brit drivers,and also handle the driving re-test.Need to part with some hard earned soon,so it would be nice if the cash did`nt vanish before I get over.
CAGEY is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:55 pm
  #63  
Whatacomplete Member
Thread Starter
 
koogar's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,527
koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by CAGEY
Hi Koog,You seem to be in the know,have you or anybody out there heard of Ideal Driver Training,of Winnipeg.They recruit Brit drivers,and also handle the driving re-test.Need to part with some hard earned soon,so it would be nice if the cash did`nt vanish before I get over.
Hi Cagey.
No, never heard of them.
Wont the company where you're going sort all that stuff out for you?
koogar is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:25 am
  #64  
BE Enthusiast
 
bigwheels241's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 460
bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by CAGEY
Hi Koog,You seem to be in the know,have you or anybody out there heard of Ideal Driver Training,of Winnipeg.They recruit Brit drivers,and also handle the driving re-test.Need to part with some hard earned soon,so it would be nice if the cash did`nt vanish before I get over.
Ideal Driver Training Centre Inc.
1558 Dupont Street, Toronto Ontario
416-766-1066
bigwheels241 is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:01 am
  #65  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
mick gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog
Hi KOOG
I to are in process of moving to work as truck driver in canada they tell me i need a visa to cross the boarder from canada to the usa but no one seems to know what visa is needed not even the us embassy.
would you know by chance
regards mick
mick gilbert is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:10 am
  #66  
Forum Regular
 
shazza151's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Lethbridge
Posts: 111
shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by mick gilbert
Hi KOOG
I to are in process of moving to work as truck driver in canada they tell me i need a visa to cross the boarder from canada to the usa but no one seems to know what visa is needed not even the us embassy.
would you know by chance
regards mick
Hi Mick,
Trucking from Canada to the USA, I think it is whats called an I-94, your hiring company will tell you about this, you take you passport to the USA?Canada broder on your first trip down to the USA, When you pay US$6.00, you will get your I-94 that will be stapled into your passport and needs to be renewed every 3 months.

Happy Travelling

Shazza 151
shazza151 is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:24 am
  #67  
BE Forum Addict
 
DAVIE_MAC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,554
DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by mick gilbert
Hi KOOG
I to are in process of moving to work as truck driver in canada they tell me i need a visa to cross the boarder from canada to the usa but no one seems to know what visa is needed not even the us embassy.
would you know by chance
regards mick
Shazza151 is correct.

But have a look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489395

All about border crossings as you can see there is no need to apply for one from the UK just do it at the border when initially crossing.

At the top of the Trucking forum thereare sticky threads to try and fill people in with all this info so I'd have a look through them they might help.

Cheers Dave
DAVIE_MAC is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:42 am
  #68  
Forum Regular
 
shazza151's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Lethbridge
Posts: 111
shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Shazza151 is correct.

But have a look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489395

All about border crossings as you can see there is no need to apply for one from the UK just do it at the border when initially crossing.

At the top of the Trucking forum thereare sticky threads to try and fill people in with all this info so I'd have a look through them they might help.

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanx!!! for backing up one of my many useless bit of information I have stuck in my head lol.
shazza151 is offline  
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:08 pm
  #69  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi Cagey.
No, never heard of them.
Wont the company where you're going sort all that stuff out for you?
Hi Koog,The agency fleece me for £750.00 Then get me a job,when I get over thereand sign up with the Trucking Company,they get a second 750,from me.Good work if you can get it!
CAGEY is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:01 am
  #70  
Whatacomplete Member
Thread Starter
 
koogar's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 2,527
koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by CAGEY
Hi Koog,The agency fleece me for £750.00 Then get me a job,when I get over thereand sign up with the Trucking Company,they get a second 750,from me.Good work if you can get it!
Yes mate, playing on peoples desperation to get to Canada.
The company I worked for sorted my test/training out and sorted all my paperwork out.
That was July '06 though. The people who have moved to Canada more recently will probably have a better take on what's happening these days. I'm sure you can still do it without using an agency though.
koogar is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 3:06 pm
  #71  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by Euroanchor
Hi there, complete newby here, so hello to everyone,

I too would be interested to know what you have found out about drivers in Canada, I had the oppurtunity to go about 15 years ago but the (now ex) wife would have none of it.
Had a class 1 for 20 years with plenty of experience in abnormal loads,

thanks in advance
Mark
Access Transportation in Winnipeg are actively recruiting foreign workers, Class 1 drivers without any middleman (saving you thousands) 2 years minimum experience, clean criminal record. If you can move to Canada in the next few months give em a call, All your work permits sorted for you and help with finding accomodation, bank accounts etc. 001-204-654-1347 call mon-fri 4-8pm UK time
ronis sister is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 3:07 pm
  #72  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by Euroanchor
Hi there, complete newby here, so hello to everyone,

I too would be interested to know what you have found out about drivers in Canada, I had the oppurtunity to go about 15 years ago but the (now ex) wife would have none of it.
Had a class 1 for 20 years with plenty of experience in abnormal loads,

thanks in advance
Mark
Access Transportation in Winnipeg are actively recruiting foreign workers, Class 1 drivers without any middleman (saving you thousands) 2 years minimum experience, clean criminal record. If you can move to Canada in the next few months give em a call, All your work permits sorted for you and help with finding accomodation, bank accounts etc. 001-204-654-1347 call mon-fri 4-8pm UK time
ronis sister is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 3:56 pm
  #73  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by ronis sister
Access Transportation in Winnipeg are actively recruiting foreign workers, Class 1 drivers without any middleman (saving you thousands) 2 years minimum experience, clean criminal record. If you can move to Canada in the next few months give em a call, All your work permits sorted for you and help with finding accomodation, bank accounts etc. 001-204-654-1347 call mon-fri 4-8pm UK time
Looks like u work for them ????????
Gremmie is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:07 am
  #74  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Looks like u work for them ????????
No but my Hubby does, real down to earth company no bs! Loads of work
ronis sister is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:12 am
  #75  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 38
ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Looks like u work for them ????????
No but hubby does, an honest down to earth company with loads of work
ronis sister is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.