truck drivers canada

Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

billyandchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: truck drivers canada

hi koogar
we were at the sandown show last week and asked every province about the pnp , im taking my hgv test in april class 2 then doing my class 1 in may . every one i asked gave different info which left us more confused than when i got there , any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated ,thanks billyandchop
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

mndldvs is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: truck drivers canada

Hello mate,
Ive just had read you're forum posting, its great to hear you've got sorted out with a job, one concern tho, have you done plenty of research into alberta? the house prices are really expensive..

Im currently living and working in south yorkshire, UK.
In November 04 me and my family moved to Saskatoon, SK, to work for N Yanke transfer, but as you may have heard from many other people Yanke could'nt give the miles they guarantee.. so inevitably we returned back to blighty in August 05 after spending our savings to supplement the poor income.

Any ways, although we had a pretty bad experience we were bitten by the Canada bug and since getting back here we have been planning our return to the land of moose n snow.
It has taken quite some time but ive secured a job offer with Bison Transport, based out of Mississauga, ON. Ive had a labour market opinion approved and im waiting for my work permit application to arrive on my door step (should come mon/tues this week), I have to take that with other supporting documents to the Canadian high commission in London and submit my application and hopefully when that comes back, be on a plane the end of April.

We've been in contact with quite a few trucking companies including Siemens group but im more interested in running team than single.
We've found a good Immigration lawyer thats done the processing for the LMO and my work permit application and once I land in Toronto they will start the process for landed residency.

I'd recommend Canada to anyone, in the short time we were there we loved it, the schools were excellent for the kids, everyone was really nice and welcoming and the time spent on the road was amazing, the sights we got to see would cost you a fortune on a holiday, most nights you can see the northern lights as you drive, we spent an afternoon at Niagra falls and some of the views through the Rockies are breath taking...

Mick Davies
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

hi living in Germany but I'm English been talking to the transport firm yanke in Saskatoon a girl called Sara snow she was great. But to cut the long story short she could offer me the world, but is she telling the truth( no offence to her) is any body else KNOW anything about yanke in Saskatoon or going in the same direction as me, what worries me when you do move over to Canada and have a contract with a transport firm they have you in the hand if you lose your job have a accident, they could deport you back to UK: I mean spent a lot of money leaving England, bringing the wife and kids, buying a house in Canada, its a big step to lose, dont get me wrong i want to go.
Can any body tell me any thing about siemens transport or yanke transport would be a great help. or is there any trucker wifes over there, tell me about what you think about it. Because your the one who has to spend the time alone when your husband is on the road 10 to 14 days at a time. Then he comes home for three days,then gone again and that's for the next three years minimum, the reason is i must convince my wife too.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mndldvs
Hello mate,
Ive just had read you're forum posting, its great to hear you've got sorted out with a job, one concern tho, have you done plenty of research into alberta? the house prices are really expensive..

Im currently living and working in south yorkshire, UK.
In November 04 me and my family moved to Saskatoon, SK, to work for N Yanke transfer, but as you may have heard from many other people Yanke could'nt give the miles they guarantee.. so inevitably we returned back to blighty in August 05 after spending our savings to supplement the poor income.

Any ways, although we had a pretty bad experience we were bitten by the Canada bug and since getting back here we have been planning our return to the land of moose n snow.
It has taken quite some time but ive secured a job offer with Bison Transport, based out of Mississauga, ON. Ive had a labour market opinion approved and im waiting for my work permit application to arrive on my door step (should come mon/tues this week), I have to take that with other supporting documents to the Canadian high commission in London and submit my application and hopefully when that comes back, be on a plane the end of April.

We've been in contact with quite a few trucking companies including Siemens group but im more interested in running team than single.
We've found a good Immigration lawyer thats done the processing for the LMO and my work permit application and once I land in Toronto they will start the process for landed residency.

I'd recommend Canada to anyone, in the short time we were there we loved it, the schools were excellent for the kids, everyone was really nice and welcoming and the time spent on the road was amazing, the sights we got to see would cost you a fortune on a holiday, most nights you can see the northern lights as you drive, we spent an afternoon at Niagra falls and some of the views through the Rockies are breath taking...

Mick Davies
hi mick congratulations for bison i have been in contact with bison also but only once but only over the Internet, he said i must contact a recruiting firm here in Germany in it runs over them (I'm English but living in Germany )any way they charge 8000 cad for paper work and other things and that is all to do with bison, Ive herd a lot of Germany drivers are trying for bison or working for them and feel they have been robbed don't think its to do with bison but the recruiting people who are in contract with bison. I'm trying for yanke but what you wrote on your last note has put me of a bit, it would be great to hear from you.
Pete
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:36 pm
koo
Just Joined

koo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by september
Hi Koogar

Any information would be realy helpfull:

How did you decide on the company you have chosen to work for !!

I have heard H&R are looking for drivers

thanks
hi folks,
we didnt know this site existed and my husband who is a truck driver will be well chuffed! my husband is thinking of moving to saskatoon and has applied for a job through an agency/company i think. he will be renting to start of with and i will follow him in a years time. whats saskatoon like and is it safe? any info would be much appriciated.
Old May 24th 2007, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Truckers4Canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
I am living and working in Ontario Canada as a truck driver. If you are interseted in information on Living and working in Canada email me
[email protected]

Last edited by Truckers4Canada; May 24th 2007 at 3:18 am. Reason: forgot to put email address in
Old May 30th 2007, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Location: In Wiltshire at present but hopeing it will be Canada soon.
Quicksilver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Truckers4Canada
Hi Everyone,
I am living and working in Ontario Canada as a truck driver. If you are interseted in information on Living and working in Canada email me
[email protected]
Hi and thanks for the oppertunity to ask a few questions,

just in the process of coming to Canada for my interview at Saskatoon, (Global recruiting), at the end of June. I'm a bit concerned about something a collegue of mine has said.i have been told that i will have to pay an agent between £3000 and £8000 to complete my pregistraion befor i can work. Can you shed any light on this as Siemans havent mentioned this at all. Are there any other hidden costs i haven't been told about. Still looking forward to coming though.

Cheers,

Quicksilver.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Hi and thanks for the oppertunity to ask a few questions,

just in the process of coming to Canada for my interview at Saskatoon, (Global recruiting), at the end of June. I'm a bit concerned about something a collegue of mine has said.i have been told that i will have to pay an agent between £3000 and £8000 to complete my pregistraion befor i can work. Can you shed any light on this as Siemans havent mentioned this at all. Are there any other hidden costs i haven't been told about. Still looking forward to coming though.

Cheers,

Quicksilver.
dont even think about paying any body for a job in canada go to forum Wages for Truckers or look on my post
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:10 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

just thought i would jump in and offer my 2 penneth.

We decided to immigrate over to Canada last january and i would like to share my experiences with anyone who cares to listen, we are now at the stage where everything is all set up,the paperwork, the job, the house, the schools, the bank account etc etc.

We got back to UK last week after a 2 week visit to Alberta and as soon as the house is sold over here we are gone.

There is no need to shell out thousands of £££ to move over there, if you do it correctly then the companies do most of the work for you, including (in my case) paying for your flight out there and even the work permit.

I will be joining H & R transport based in Lethbridge in the next couple of months and i have two mates joining Seimens (HWT) in september. As far as i can see those are two good companies to join.

Please feel free to check out my log at

http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

and my email and im details are on there too.

Hey Koog sent you an email about that funny building in Lethbridge, hope you got it.

Good Luck Everyone

Lyndon
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

ollie 2303 is an unknown quantity at this point

im getting mixed messages back about moving to canada. some people are saying that when you get there the companies dont give you enough hours and some are saying a lot end up returning to the uk. i would like to move my family out there for a new life but i have laso been told that i could be away for much longer periods of time than in the uk. im worried that my wife and kids might feel lonely in a strange country and want to move back. any advice would be great
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:33 am
Just Joined

unholydriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ollie 2303
im getting mixed messages back about moving to canada. some people are saying that when you get there the companies dont give you enough hours and some are saying a lot end up returning to the uk. i would like to move my family out there for a new life but i have laso been told that i could be away for much longer periods of time than in the uk. im worried that my wife and kids might feel lonely in a strange country and want to move back. any advice would be great

hi guys, i`m a Canadian truck driver currently working for N.Yanke transfer out of saskatoon, in regards to be deported, yanke is just a trucking company and no company can order you deported, they cn petition it, but then you juts get a lawyer, and fight it, then you get to stay.....also, to the bloke that said there are no miles to run, i personally get too many miles, and end up having to turn loads down fr not having enough hours to run , the contract deal sucks to sign as i`ve had to sign similar contracts before, , all you have to do is keep your nose clean so to speak, for a year or so till you get your canadian paperwork....i think its called the landed imigrants form , or something like that, you can do anything you want in canada, stay with yanke, go to bison, or anyone of the few hundred trucking companies out here, , but just keep in mind, if you do come over with yanke, you will have to drive as a team for the first year or so, but its not that bad, also, the housing prices vary around the country, anything in a big city, ie: calgary alberta, vancouver bc, toronto ontario, are going to be much higher then the smaller towns that are everywhere, i myself live on Vancouver island BC, and am based out of our delta(vancouver) yard, i hope that clears some questions up for you guys thinking of coming over......if you have any other questons about yanke, or anything reallt, feel free to e-mail me.
[email protected]

stay safe and keep them shiny side up

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

fithon is an unknown quantity at this point

hey mate looking to get out to canada work as a truck driver or driver owner any help on haw to go about it would be cool my email is [email protected]
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

looking to move over to canada my self and work as a truck driver any help or in fo would be cool [email protected]
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

hey mick

looking to move out to canada asap any help you can give me would be cool looking to work in truck driving out there as well
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:25 am
Just Joined

unholydriver is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, sorry i haven`t replied latley, i`ve running around like crazy out here, currently sitting in a very warm california truck stop, its 37 degrees celcius right now..lol, anyway, i`m not sure how to go about coming over on your own to drive, but i know some companies will pay for your flight and all that stuff, and also train you how to drive over here, and all you have to do is stay there till you get papers, then you don`t owe them anything, , i know yanke.ca does this , also a few others, your best bet would be to contact a few carriers through e-mail and ask them if they have the foreign driver program, that would be your best bet, and to the people thast have been sending me hate filled messages about how i`m nothign but a yankee reqruitor trying to get a bonus from new drivers, well, this is my last trip with yanke, august 6th, i start working for a flat bed companie, hauling a little more local trips so i can be home more for my kids

best of luck to all out there, and stay safe and smart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.