truck drivers canada

Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by scooby109
well worked here for 15 yrs and still alive so guess I am qualified to be that silly!!

are the hills as steep as the ones in Norfolk, England lol lol lol
been with H&R since Aug,all about the same,OK if you like living in a FreightShaker/don`t want any time off/like being called a number/.
But they pay OK.and the trucks are red.Nuff said.Be up Rogers Pass this time tomorrow,good old rog I say
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:18 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAGEY

been with H&R since Aug,all about the same,OK if you like living in a FreightShaker/don`t want any time off/like being called a number/.
But they pay OK.and the trucks are red.Nuff said.Be up Rogers Pass this time tomorrow,good old rog I say
Ah yes.... rogers pass in the winter....... I remember it well.
The pic's 2 years ago though. I presume it still looks the same.
That's that bloody Peterbilt the jakes quit on going down the Coquihalla. Kinda woke me up
Attached Thumbnails truck drivers canada-img_0020.jpg  

Last edited by koogar; Dec 8th 2008 at 2:22 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

well worked here for 15 yrs and still alive so guess I am qualified to be that silly!!

are the hills as steep as the ones in Norfolk, England lol lol lol
Try Rogers Pass,bit like driving over Flambourough Head.Good old Rog I say
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by koogar
Ah yes.... rogers pass in the winter....... I remember it well.
The pic's 2 years ago though. I presume it still looks the same.
That's that bloody Peterbilt the jakes quit on going down the Coquihalla. Kinda woke me up
looks the same,but scarerierrr,out the windshield of a F/Shaker
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:44 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAGEY
looks the same,but scarerierrr,out the windshield of a F/Shaker
Well, I never found Rogers pass particularly scary.
Sure, it can be a bit slick going down through the snow sheds, but there's a lot scarier places to drive a truck in Canada.
How much of the country have you seen so far cagey?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koogar
Well, I never found Rogers pass particularly scary.
Sure, it can be a bit slick going down through the snow sheds, but there's a lot scarier places to drive a truck in Canada.
How much of the country have you seen so far cagey?
hi guys

right have mailed C.V. 30 companies from the list on " the must read page"

next....

Do I have to get a copy of my crimminal record from the rozzers, its clean, but do i need it??

Imigration form do i fill it in or does company do it for me, assuming they are in the PNP program??

The Drivers Abstract - ok I have read on a thread that baiscally its your complete driving history fom DVLA and can be applied for.. woud it be advisable to get an application of now...

Just trying to be "on the ball" as they say

Scooby but as yet no scrappy's do's.....

Ps have not looked and will not look at getting ripped off by an agent!!! Naive as to process but not that green... hence the questions

thanks in advance
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys

right have mailed C.V. 30 companies from the list on " the must read page"

next....

Do I have to get a copy of my crimminal record from the rozzers, its clean, but do i need it??

Imigration form do i fill it in or does company do it for me, assuming they are in the PNP program??

The Drivers Abstract - ok I have read on a thread that baiscally its your complete driving history fom DVLA and can be applied for.. woud it be advisable to get an application of now...

Just trying to be "on the ball" as they say

Scooby but as yet no scrappy's do's.....

Ps have not looked and will not look at getting ripped off by an agent!!! Naive as to process but not that green... hence the questions

thanks in advance
may i sugest that when you get here check out the yellow pages for other companies in your chosen area of canada,,,and try and get interviews with some of them, aswell.. some may need some instruction on what is required of them regarding the LMO etc.. its a taktik thats worked in the past
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gremmie
may i sugest that when you get here check out the yellow pages for other companies in your chosen area of canada,,,and try and get interviews with some of them, aswell.. some may need some instruction on what is required of them regarding the LMO etc.. its a taktik thats worked in the past
Good idea Gremmie

any ideas as to the other points? re drivers abstract and any other paperwork I should bring,,, just incase as they say

scooby
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea Gremmie

any ideas as to the other points? re drivers abstract and any other paperwork I should bring,,, just incase as they say

scooby
I havent lived in the UK for over 20 years,so i dont know what you can get,,but i would assume the more GOOD info you can supply to an employer the better
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea Gremmie

scooby
as many work references as you can get, stating what type of vehicle,what weight and what you were carrying,

doctors letter saying that they believe you have not got a history of alcohol or drug abuse,

might be worth taking your birth certificate.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didster7
as many work references as you can get, stating what type of vehicle,what weight and what you were carrying,

doctors letter saying that they believe you have not got a history of alcohol or drug abuse,

might be worth taking your birth certificate.
thank you my good fellow

am planning on taking
1 license and no not the dogs!!
2 subject access report
3 have 2 rreferences at mo, not sure if I can get more for the past 10 yrs, these 2 cover the last 6 so should be enough, but what the hell do i know??? one can only try...
4 birth cert, just to prove it was humans that created me lol lol
5 doc was down the pub when i called so we met up and a few, and he luvs me soo cool there too

still not sure about the drivers abstract, someone on another thread stated " its a complete history of driving from yr dot to now and can be got from DVLA" If i got the paper part and they want more they will have to advise where and how..

Flights booked for mid jan off to lethridge, yes I know the obvious companies but its as good a place as any to start a new life, Its an 8 day trip, car hire at Calgary then potter on down to the Sandman and start knocking doors down!!!

Scooby
but never admitted to knowing scrappy

Last edited by scooby109; Dec 11th 2008 at 10:37 am. Reason: bad typos!!!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:34 pm
Whatacomplete Member

thank you my good fellow

am planning on taking
1 license and no not the dogs!!
2 subject access report
3 have 2 rreferences at mo, not sure if I can get more for the past 10 yrs, these 2 cover the last 6 so should be enough, but what the hell do i know??? one can only try...
4 birth cert, just to prove it was humans that created me lol lol
5 doc was down the pub when i called so we met up and a few, and he luvs me soo cool there too

still not sure about the drivers abstract, someone on another thread stated " its a complete history of driving from yr dot to now and can be got from DVLA" If i got the paper part and they want more they will have to advise where and how..

Flights booked for mid jan off to lethridge, yes I know the obvious companies but its as good a place as any to start a new life, Its an 8 day trip, car hire at Calgary then potter on down to the Sandman and start knocking doors down!!!

Scooby
but never admitted to knowing scrappy
Just call the DVLA and ask Scoob.
I think it only costs a few quid and it's what the companies want (the one I went to wanted it anyway)
Police record's the same. They'll want it if you're gonna be running South, which I would imagine you will be. Talk to the police for the form and get it done. You'll probably need it.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

here`s a link for crimminal record check, it cost £35 but only takes 10 days to come threw.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificat...form%20pdf.pdf
Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi iam currently in canada and iam looking to get in to truck driving,can anyone give me any advise ?,would it be better to take a course here or back in the uk ?,iam going home soon to visit where then i can take the course,i think it would make sence to do the course in canada but what do you all think ?,i have been wanting to get in to truck driving for years and now i have decided to go for it , craig.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by craig25
Hi iam currently in canada and iam looking to get in to truck driving,can anyone give me any advise ?,would it be better to take a course here or back in the uk ?,iam going home soon to visit where then i can take the course,i think it would make sence to do the course in canada but what do you all think ?,i have been wanting to get in to truck driving for years and now i have decided to go for it , craig.
If you are in canada do it there... the test are completely different... more or less.

read this link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489605

and study well young Kenobi lo lol lol

but if you really wanna spend some money my accounnnt coukld always do with being topped up lol lol

seriously dont waste IT!!!!

scooby

not a scrappy but def a dark knight must be coz the sun has gone down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.