British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   truck drivers canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/truck-drivers-canada-380059/)

koogar Jun 18th 2006 2:27 pm

truck drivers canada

Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog :)

akitared Aug 2nd 2006 10:29 am

Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.

Hi Koogar please to make your acquaintance.

What have you learnt so far? i assume they are seeking experienced drivers and not rookies? It is something that has fascinated me, ever since i want to California a few years back and jumped on a Truck with a relative and saw the states that way! Never took it any further tbh.

Any advice/guidance is much appreciated.

koogar Aug 2nd 2006 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by akitared
Hi Koogar please to make your acquaintance.

What have you learnt so far? i assume they are seeking experienced drivers and not rookies? It is something that has fascinated me, ever since i want to California a few years back and jumped on a Truck with a relative and saw the states that way! Never took it any further tbh.

Any advice/guidance is much appreciated.

Sent you a private message mate.
Koog.

cheesy Lemon Aug 25th 2006 2:40 pm

Hi all.

Good luck Koogar, I'm a truck driver in the UK at present (doin it 13yrs) and have had enough of the EU laws, driving in LONDON and British drivers in general.
Canada doesn't appeal to me that much at all, and would prefer California. But how long would someone have to live and work in Canada before trying to move down to the USA, would it be easier doing it that way rather than trying to come from the UK to the USA? Cheers bud.

Euroanchor Sep 5th 2006 12:10 pm

Hi there, complete newby here, so hello to everyone,

I too would be interested to know what you have found out about drivers in Canada, I had the oppurtunity to go about 15 years ago but the (now ex) wife would have none of it.
Had a class 1 for 20 years with plenty of experience in abnormal loads,

thanks in advance
Mark

Evo2515 Oct 5th 2006 2:49 am

Hi all.

Hi Koogar,i'm in the process of doing the research on Canada i'm class1 truck driver i could do with all the advice you could give me i've been offered jobs out there but i would have to do my Canadian license when i got there,do you know anything on that, also the wages seem to vary i'm thinking of Alberta(Calgary or Edmonton). Are you going through an agency or finding a job direct. Me my Wife and daughter really want to go but every body says we won't regret it, I've heard that many good things, Is it really that good.

Thanks Koogar

Eranu Oct 11th 2006 1:25 pm

hello, i'm enquiring on behalf of my dad who has 25yrs hgv experience... can someone let me know how he'd go about getting work / visa over in canada? thanks.

Originally Posted by Evo2515
Hi Koogar,i'm in the process of doing the research on Canada i'm class1 truck driver i could do with all the advice you could give me i've been offered jobs out there but i would have to do my Canadian license when i got there,do you know anything on that, also the wages seem to vary i'm thinking of Alberta(Calgary or Edmonton). Are you going through an agency or finding a job direct. Me my Wife and daughter really want to go but every body says we won't regret it, I've heard that many good things, Is it really that good.

Thanks Koogar

daz and jac Oct 15th 2006 7:56 pm

Hi all.

hi koogar i am also in the process of going to alberta for job interviews in nov 06 i am using an immigration lawyer who say`s he can get me there by march 07 hope to get the job offer`s and go getting sick of the uk and the congested roads. been told i can get job in lloydminster working in the oil fields as a vacuum truck operator earning $20 to $30 an hour sounds okay but don`t really know what it involves yet. application going into london end november 06 can`t wait to get out there. if you have any more info let me know please from darren :)

Victor J Munoz Nov 2nd 2006 2:42 am

Hi all.

Hi Koogar, I'm an experienced truck driver too and I'm looking for a job in Canada. First of all, where do I have to go to post my resume and Cover Letter to be viewed for Canadian employers?
And, Is there a web site where I would check positions available or companies looking for drivers out of Canada?
Thanks for the advice.

daz and jac Nov 2nd 2006 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Victor J Munoz
Hi Koogar, I'm an experienced truck driver too and I'm looking for a job in Canada. First of all, where do I have to go to post my resume and Cover Letter to be viewed for Canadian employers?
And, Is there a web site where I would check positions available or companies looking for drivers out of Canada?
Thanks for the advice.

hi victor try this website www.jobbank.ca once in the site type 7411 in the job spec and loads of trucking jobs will appear i know that all provinces are desperate for drivers also try www.bigfrieght.com hope its of any use to you. :beer:

Victor J Munoz Nov 2nd 2006 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by daz and jac
hi victor try this website www.jobbank.ca once in the site type 7411 in the job spec and loads of trucking jobs will appear i know that all provinces are desperate for drivers also try www.bigfrieght.com hope its of any use to you. :beer:

Thanks Koog for your good advise. :)

koogar Nov 4th 2006 4:16 am

Sorry, just got back from California.
Try Kindersley, Prudhomme and Yanke. I know they all have brit drivers.
Kindersley and Prudhomme are also the names of towns in SK, so you may need to add trucking to your google.
Koog.

september Nov 11th 2006 10:35 am

:beer:

Hi all.

Hi Thread

I would like to move out to canada early next yr as a truck driver, could you please tell me:

How did you decide the trucking company you are going to work for ?

september Nov 12th 2006 2:19 pm

Hi all.

Hi Koogar

Any information would be realy helpfull:

How did you decide on the company you have chosen to work for !!

I have heard H&R are looking for drivers

thanks

koogar Nov 15th 2006 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by september
Hi Koogar

Any information would be realy helpfull:

How did you decide on the company you have chosen to work for !!

I have heard H&R are looking for drivers

thanks

Hi September.
Sent you a PM.
Koog.