Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Truck Driver Positions Calgary

Truck Driver Positions Calgary

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Jim521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Truck Driver Positions Calgary

Hi All
i will be relocating to Canada with my Canadian Wife.
looking for Good Company’s our of Calgary that do Supermarket Delivery’s prefer local than Long Haul.
any info on Good Company’s that do this service.
cheers for any help
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 3:41 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Driver Positions Calgary

Originally Posted by Jim521 View Post
Hi All
i will be relocating to Canada with my Canadian Wife.
looking for Good Company’s our of Calgary that do Supermarket Delivery’s prefer local than Long Haul.
any info on Good Company’s that do this service.
cheers for any help

Hello and welcome to BE!

I've moved your post to our trucking forum as you're more likely to get responses that are relevant - do have a look through previous threads too, as there's lots of good info in them.

Do you have an application for PR (Spousal Sponsorship) in place already? - If you don't, do feel free to post to our Immigration forum for Canada - we've many helpful sections for spousal sponsorship in our wiki as well as threads on spousal sponsorship that you will probably find of help.

You will also have to ascertain what you will need to do to get your HGV license in Alberta - it's a 2 part process I believe.
https://www.alberta.ca/exchange-non-...-licences.aspx
https://www.alberta.ca/upgrade-to-pr...l-licence.aspx

Good luck with the move over!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 23rd 2018 at 3:48 am.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, if you don’t have a licence, you need to find a training school.
You can flip your car licence over, take the written/computer test, eyesight colour test in one of the licencing centre’s.
You then do the airbrake training and test, then the practical training and test.
If you set it up properly, all of it can be done in a working week.
As far as companies go, all the major supermarkets have RDC’s in Calgary ie. Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Sobeys, ExtraFoods/Canadian Superstore/No Frills, Calgary Co-op, Canadian Tyre etc.
but a lot of these supermarket deliveries are trucked by outside haulier’s using the supermarket trailers.
Also, there is Tim Hortons, Martin Brower(McD’s)
Sysco(Hotels & smaller shops) which pay better.
You should have no problem finding a local delivery job.

Last edited by neilg14; Sep 25th 2018 at 12:44 pm. Reason: Added
Old Sep 25th 2018, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Safeway use their own trucks and trailers and are more similar to UK work, I used to do Kwik-Save if that's what you are looking for. Martin Brower do McDonald's deliveries, it used to be hand bombing when I was there but I see them using power jack now and usually 1 night out then back but stay in hotel as they use day cabs . Wal-Mart I know the guy who hires the drivers in Calgary but it's night run home in the morning just pallets. Canadian Tire I know about them as I work there! It's all hand bombing putting boxes,tires, canoes on rollers 6hrs to unload the trailer sweating your ass lol, good money but hard work, they are looking for drivers , as I'm leaving soon! I take it you will have an open work permit so you don't need to do long haul? There are also jobs in Calgary city P&D which is pickup and drop just going to different warehouse getting trailers loaded and taking them to drop yard.