TRUCK DRIVER IN CANADA

Old Aug 29th 2012, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

ciochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRUCK DRIVER IN CANADA

Hi.We would like to move there,but as a lorry driver i want to be home every night or day(for night shift drivers).Any chance to find a job?Can i get PR with a job like this?Or must be long haul?
thank you.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

fedupgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRUCK DRIVER IN CANADA

Look at the Loblaw thread
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Even those Loblaws don't get home every night.
Not wanting to be funny, but if you want to be home every night what makes you think that the second biggest country in the world would be a good place to be a truck driver?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by ciochi View Post
Hi.We would like to move there,but as a lorry driver i want to be home every night or day(for night shift drivers).Any chance to find a job?Can i get PR with a job like this?Or must be long haul?
thank you.
try canyon at Red Deer,Alberta, they are often have an advert in Truck Stop News.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meritor View Post
try canyon at Red Deer,Alberta, they are often have an advert in Truck Stop News.
he could try canyon but we work 15 on and 6 off and for those 15 days your on call 24hrs a day and have to be in the yard within 45 mins of getting a call out and your not guarented to be home every night when its really busy you can be away for the full 15 days website is canyontechnicalservices.ca have a look at the website and see what you think
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:05 am
Just Joined

deputydawg is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im truck driver in uk for over 20 yrs , thinking of trying canada , on my own now so no ties , how do i go about working , finding jobs or getting visa , to work there , where do i start . paul
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deputydawg View Post
hi im truck driver in uk for over 20 yrs , thinking of trying canada , on my own now so no ties , how do i go about working , finding jobs or getting visa , to work there , where do i start . paul
Hi Paul the first thing you need to pick and area in canada you would like to live. Then look for trucking companies that are offering LMO's. If you pick Saskatoon there is one company that has 4 LMO's available right now and is looking for good drivers. I use to live in Doncaster what part of Doncaster are you from.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 8:32 am
Just Joined

deputydawg is an unknown quantity at this point

hi vicky/steve . im in bentley area , what are lmo,s thanks paul.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deputydawg View Post
hi vicky/steve . im in bentley area , what are lmo,s thanks paul.
If in doubt, look in the Wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Labour...Opinion-Canada

Good luck.

Old Oct 25th 2012, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=deputydawg;10343005]hi vicky/steve . im in bentley area , what are lmo,s thanks paul.[/QU

If you look in the wiki section it will tell you all about LMO's, its what you need to get a job in Canada. I know bentley really well, use to live in Rosso