Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Tips for would be Truckers

Tips for would be Truckers

Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tips for would be Truckers

Hi,as i live in Switzerland i was unable to attend any of these job interviews,just to bloody expensive. So i serched the web and found thousands of truck companies. Simply google :- Manitoba Transport Assoc. There you will find all of there memebers ( with websites)...scroll down the same page and you'll find all of the other Provinces transport Assoc. I sent out over 300 CV'S and had about 100 replies,these i whittled down to 10 or so.Then i checked out there base of opps,what kind of work, area and housing etc. Me i'm off to Kamloops BC next month. Hope this helps you and any others. Here are a few more websites that i've used.
www.trucking.mb.ca/online.htm with links to all other provinces
www.bctrucking .com
www.canadatransportation.com this covers all provinces
www.fleetdirectory.com this covers all Canada and usa
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for would be Truckers

Has this info helped any one ???????
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Has this info helped any one ???????
Hi Gremmie

Dont worry it probably has helped someone on here and they have just forgotten to say Thanks.

One thing I have thought about is about putting this info on the wIKI on the site so that people can easily find the info in the future - this way all of your kindness wont be forgotten as the post goes further down the list. if there is anything that you can add to the WIKI PAGE then please add it

gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Whats a wiki ????
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a wiki ????
If you can see that some of the writing in my other post is blue - as opposed to black - this is a link into the BE wiki which is basically a section that holds information on a database kind of thing for people to refer to.

I mention this as it is relatively new and the more people who add their knowledge to it the more help it will be to future immigrants who need to find that knowledge

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Gaynor, i've just,i think placed these web sites in this wiki thing. I'm no whizz with a computer,and secondly this will sound stupid i'm not used to working on a computer in english,mine's all in German
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Gaynor, i've just,i think placed these web sites in this wiki thing. I'm no whizz with a computer,and secondly this will sound stupid i'm not used to working on a computer in english,mine's all in German
Hi hun

Whereabouts have you put the info - copy and paste where you put it.

Did you press the save button - silly question but have managed to lose stuff I have put on by not saving it haha

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Second time lucky, i've putt all the info in Wiki Canada,trucking in Canada or something like that. Maybe some one will find it Note to self:- re-learn english
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:06 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

muchmore mag has done a piece on truck drivers in this months copy!!

http://www.muchmormedia.com/mag/July07Sgl.pdf

Hope this helps, as there is some good info this month

gill
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Second time lucky, i've putt all the info in Wiki Canada,trucking in Canada or something like that. Maybe some one will find it Note to self:- re-learn english
Not to worry Gremmie

Will take a look

Gaynor
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here you go Gremmie have set it out for you

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_...anada#Websites

Gay
xx

Thank you for your contribution
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I also looked at Lethbridge,had job offer from H&R Transport,had offers from all over Canada for that matter, chose in the end to go to Kamloops with Westcan,for no other reason than having grown up in Hastings and now living in Switzerland for 20 yrs thought Kamloops would give me the sea and the mountains. Plus the warm climate 100 of lakes and great motobike country.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your version looks better than mine ,said i'm no hero with these computers. Thanks poppet
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:32 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for adding info to the BE Wiki article on Truck Driving in Canada, Gremmie and Gay.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

im a little gem of info. There's tons of info on the web:- eg. Google Canadian Truck magazines ( all have employment pages) or as i did Hanks Truck Pics. look at the photos,read the Company name info under each pic and copy it and search. Ussing all the websites i found i had over 100 job offers,admitadly some were totaly stupid. And i soon found that 'I was in a position to pick and choose'and not the employer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.