British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Telling it How it is. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/telling-how-719371/)

kb33 Jun 14th 2011 1:43 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9429259)
It takes more than 1 person to have an argument:rofl::rofl:

Pretty sure you could have an argument with your self any time ;)

Anyway to summarise this thread :

Guy comes on here " to tell it how it is " Gets shot down in flames from people who have no idea how the system works , don't even live in the same province.

Gets told he should go home now and its all your fault, no body else's , Should have moved Province long ago etc etc . But they know better eh ?

I come along and get similar treatment get called a liar and insecure ! Also accused of dishing out personal insults :confused: (might have patronise a few though )

Doesn't matter one jot that I live and work here and talk to other drivers affected by the same problems. Cause they know best ;)

Most have been banned from other forums , So now come on here to peddle their hatred for anyone daring to disagree with them. They always back each other up like school girls in a playground.

And its always the same characters that want the argument regardless , Look on the H&R thread for more mindless drivel that as nothing whatsoever to do with the thread title. But yet I'm the childish insecure one. :rofl:

And to finish I heard today that Westcan are now telling new recruits in Alberta not to expect PR for FOUR years. But I suppose I made that bit up as well. ;)

bobthedog Jun 14th 2011 2:06 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Kevin. As far as I know I have never been banned from a forum by anyone but myself. And I am "backing" others simply because they are being truthful. We were all there when Roy first had problems as you know. We all were upset by it. We were all delighted when he got the job at Westcan.
We heard NOTHING until now. Nichts nada rien. The issues with CIC and APNP are things that have been coming to light only fairly recently, and we have been told about the 13 month wait for PNP several times.

But there were alternatives for Roy. There still are. They may be unpalatable but we are all grownups here. We should all be aware that life doesn't always follow the predicted patterns. Roys post, in a nutshell, tells people that it is a waste of time coming here.

And maybe, Kevin, you should include yourself in your categorising as you are slinging insults out well enough.

bobthedog Jun 14th 2011 6:19 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
In fact, now I have got home and read your post again, I would say you have gone way beyond being patronising. Now here`s the thing. We do know how the system works pretty well. We have been on the same sites as you have, and have been on them a damned sight longer than you have. IIRC, you sat on the fence about coming out here for months, and asked about a million questions of the same people you are now insulting.

So wind your neck in. We have all been through the uncertainty. I was one of the first to even get an LMO in my own right, and was the first in this area to go through that route, and I did all my paperwork myself, so don`t try telling me I don`t understand the system because I do..

You all tell the world that AB is THE PLACE to go, and how great it is.. Look at who you have for a neighbour there in your hometown.. tell me how great it really is.

Instead of sniping at me or Dave (bearing in mind that the last civil words we shared were probably in January) get off your ass and help Roy to get sorted..You are there telling us we are wrong, well prove it!! You think you understand the Alberta system then get your thumb out and help the guy out!

kb33 Jun 15th 2011 1:17 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9431266)
In fact, now I have got home and read your post again, I would say you have gone way beyond being patronising. Now here`s the thing. We do know how the system works pretty well. We have been on the same sites as you have, and have been on them a damned sight longer than you have. IIRC, you sat on the fence about coming out here for months, and asked about a million questions of the same people you are now insulting.

So wind your neck in. We have all been through the uncertainty. I was one of the first to even get an LMO in my own right, and was the first in this area to go through that route, and I did all my paperwork myself, so don`t try telling me I don`t understand the system because I do..

You all tell the world that AB is THE PLACE to go, and how great it is.. Look at who you have for a neighbour there in your hometown.. tell me how great it really is.

Instead of sniping at me or Dave (bearing in mind that the last civil words we shared were probably in January) get off your ass and help Roy to get sorted..You are there telling us we are wrong, well prove it!! You think you understand the Alberta system then get your thumb out and help the guy out!


Nice rant Rob , Unfortunately most of it is inaccurate or untrue. Some thing's never change ehh ?

You obviously don't know how the system works here in Alberta , Otherwise you wouldn't be constantly arguing about it. Just accept what Roy and I say is true , Because you and a few others are just been dogmatic about the whole thing. I even provided a link to an official website , So you all making your selves look foolish to be honest.

So you have been on a few sites longer than some , Is that something to brag about ? Tell me is there qualification period on these sites where i can have a honest opinion and share with the almighty from Manitoba ? I mean its not the bloody Freemasons you know ! :lol: It's a public forum and there's a clue in there somewhere.;)

So I sat on the fence did I ? How about research trip in May 2007 and living and working out here August 2007 - Didn't hang about did I ?

I don't remember asking any questions .. Not one, I came out here on the research trip in May , signaled my intentions on Online truckers and World War Three started with you BT and few others. I didn't ask one question as we had already made our minds up , I do remember the PM's you sent me , But I didn't ask for them . And for the last time , I am not insulting anyone , merely defending my self from personal attacks from people who are old enough to know better . Read the thread again if you don't believe me.

At the end of the day , I'm just informing people how things have changed out here and stand to gain nothing from any of it.

So I should wind my neck in ? Why what you going to do ? Send the boys around ? Because I dare speak my mind and tell the truth .

Don't get me wrong I have a fantastic lifestyle out here wouldn't swap it for the world and I haven't been back to the UK in nearly 4 years and no desire to , I love it here no question , But its not as easy as it once was to come out here and if I had to do it all again I probably wouldn't to be honest, Knowing what things have happened to others here.

Not sure who my neighbour is though ?

So last but not least .. You say go and help Roy out because I know the system here in Alberta , Well his paperwork as been at CIC for the last 9 months for PR processing with no sign of a confirmation , So what exactly do you want me to do ? Burst in the offices with a shotgun demanding they process Roy's papers cause BTD told me so !

Anyway welcome back to the forums and seen as the Steinbach Mafia have reformed I look forward to proving you all wrong again. :)

bobthedog Jun 15th 2011 1:28 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Having seen what you wrote on another thread, it is obvious you have no clue. I would not want to be the person arriving at Toronto with his LMO and job offer saying "Kev told me it would be OK". In fact, that shocked me.

Read it again yourself. I have never said I know how the APNP work, but I do know how CIC work simply because I had to jump through more hoops than most did. APNP should be a red flag to any emigree now. It is obvious they have a different agenda to the other people in the system. You can sit there with you "I'm alright, Jack" attitude and say how fast it was for you if you wish. Some of us had to convince CIC that we would be good and not be too much trouble. You just sailed through, didn't you?

Spare me your sarcasm as well. It is not particularly well thought out and is rather wasted on me, truth be told. If the Steinbach mafia are out there then they dislike me more then they do you, believe me. None of this makes the least bit of difference. Roy is in the cart. I know this as does everyone else. He posted the exact same thread on BTA as well, which is the only reason I came back here to look.

As you say you know how it works so well, do as I would have done and bloody well ask someone you know. Do anything you can, same as I would. Now you are there pissing and digging at me and showing me just how much a waste of time these boards have become.

dave_lol66 Jun 15th 2011 12:02 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 9433292)
Nice rant Rob , Unfortunately most of it is inaccurate or untrue. Some thing's never change ehh ?

You obviously don't know how the system works here in Alberta , Otherwise you wouldn't be constantly arguing about it. Just accept what Roy and I say is true , Because you and a few others are just been dogmatic about the whole thing. I even provided a link to an official website , So you all making your selves look foolish to be honest.

So you have been on a few sites longer than some , Is that something to brag about ? Tell me is there qualification period on these sites where i can have a honest opinion and share with the almighty from Manitoba ? I mean its not the bloody Freemasons you know ! :lol: It's a public forum and there's a clue in there somewhere.;)

So I sat on the fence did I ? How about research trip in May 2007 and living and working out here August 2007 - Didn't hang about did I ?

I don't remember asking any questions .. Not one, I came out here on the research trip in May , signaled my intentions on Online truckers and World War Three started with you BT and few others. I didn't ask one question as we had already made our minds up , I do remember the PM's you sent me , But I didn't ask for them . And for the last time , I am not insulting anyone , merely defending my self from personal attacks from people who are old enough to know better . Read the thread again if you don't believe me.

At the end of the day , I'm just informing people how things have changed out here and stand to gain nothing from any of it.

So I should wind my neck in ? Why what you going to do ? Send the boys around ? Because I dare speak my mind and tell the truth .

Don't get me wrong I have a fantastic lifestyle out here wouldn't swap it for the world and I haven't been back to the UK in nearly 4 years and no desire to , I love it here no question , But its not as easy as it once was to come out here and if I had to do it all again I probably wouldn't to be honest, Knowing what things have happened to others here.

Not sure who my neighbour is though ?

So last but not least .. You say go and help Roy out because I know the system here in Alberta , Well his paperwork as been at CIC for the last 9 months for PR processing with no sign of a confirmation , So what exactly do you want me to do ? Burst in the offices with a shotgun demanding they process Roy's papers cause BTD told me so !

Anyway welcome back to the forums and seen as the Steinbach Mafia have reformed I look forward to proving you all wrong again. :)

You can't even admit it when you get it so terribly wrong, you resort to insults and pointless rants that are so far from the truth it doesn't even make sense.
Like I said so insecure that pointing the finger at everyone else and blaming them is all you can do.
I reckon it's because you feel extremely guilty for being the person that put Roy in the position he is in now:rofl::rofl:

kb33 Jun 15th 2011 8:21 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9434179)
You can't even admit it when you get it so terribly wrong, you resort to insults and pointless rants that are so far from the truth it doesn't even make sense.
Like I said so insecure that pointing the finger at everyone else and blaming them is all you can do.
I reckon it's because you feel extremely guilty for being the person that put Roy in the position he is in now:rofl::rofl:


Keep asking myself why I keep coming back here , it's not that I have to or anything . Then I realised it's for the entertainment value !!!

I mean this stuff just ain't avaiable on the TV/Radio :rofl:

HeadingNorth Jun 15th 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9421600)
You may be tough, but not too clever:confused: if you put the cains on every day why wait until you are in a foot of mud:p:rofl: Any one with 2cents of sense would put them on before :thumbsup::o

Didn't say I put the chains on in the mud-now that would be poor planning and really dumb:rofl:-the foot of mud is what you get to lay out the fuel hoses in at the tanks:D

HeadingNorth Jun 15th 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9418018)
Fair comment,but if he got laid off through no fault of his own why wasn't the provincial nomination carried over to his next employer rather than starting all over again ?

Alberta doesn't allow you transfer the nomination,or application for nomination,over to another employer-you must start the whole process all over again.

HeadingNorth Jun 15th 2011 9:12 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9425892)
I wouldn't call them tough I would call them something else for putting chains on every day.
Why don't you tell us how long you were actually out of work while waiting for LMO's/work permits and then tell us that you didn't realise that their was a problem ocurring with pnp/immigration in Alberta!!!
99.9% of drivers come here with one main aim, PR. Now if there is a problem with applications for WP or LMO's when other provinces were still handing them out and you choose to stay in Ab then that is your choice, don't blame everyone else, and as for you and kb33's comments on FB, pathetic and you have the gaul to call some of us childish:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Putting chains on is a requirement of the job!!!

Laid off February 13th. 2009. Spent two weeks trying to locate a company with LMO's to no avail.KB 33 gave me some contacts and I secured a position with WBT March 10th. 2009-BUT I then had to wait 7 weeks for an LMO to arrive before heading to the border to flagpole before I could start work.

The other Provinces weren't exactly flush with companies with LMOs -so I stayed where I had the safest bet and my family had settled.

The comments on FB were merely humor-if you choose to take it any other way that's up to you!:D

HeadingNorth Jun 15th 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 9428449)
Thank you, I don't understand why it is everyone elses fault that Roy has had problems, you are absolutely correct about the genuine help and the fact it is still on offer but it was his choice to remain in Ab and out of work but to then complain about it and goad others into an argument then take the piss on FB is unbelievably childish and pathetic.

Who ever said it was anyone's fault-except for the foot dragging government offices involved in the process-not forgetting at the end of the day we actually pay for the PR processing.

Yes,there was offers of help from others on this forum and I am still am very grateful for them.

I found work in Alberta,I had to wait for the LMO,which is Federal Government issues.

There was no goading just a bit of a rant:D

No p*** taking on FB-just some humor.You and others on here could read it so where was the malice in it?

HeadingNorth Jun 15th 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
Now hopefully the dust and insults have settled,and I still never understand the need for all the bust ups on here:confused::

I have successfully persuaded(mildly threatened) CIC to give me a two year work permit.

I have not given up fighting-in fact I have just returned from our local MP's office to get them to contact CIC as I have now discovered,for everyone's information,that CIC MUST answer the inquiries sent to them by an MP.

Now I know others have had issues with the PR process(Bob had a particularly tough time getting his PR for the family)but what I'm getting at is a few years ago there was a whole bunch of things on forums and blogs about how easy it was to come to Canada(you can read a few posts on here to that affect)and that's what helped influence me in my decision to come here,but,and it's a big but,things have changed dramatically here in the last couple of years and the intention of this post is to give the other all too common side to the immigration story.

If I had read some posts on the other side of the coin of immigration-and let's be honest,not many people are willing to share their bad experiences here and tend to just give up and go back at the first sign of trouble,so they ain't going to tell their story on here,I would have given more consideration to the processing times and maybe went to another province or even not come here at all.

Why can't we have the truthful,so called negative,comments on here without a fight-it's supposed to be an informative forum after all.:huh:

kb33 Jun 15th 2011 11:31 pm

Re: Telling it How it is.
 
You tell em Roy !! Whoops I said that on FB and got verbally attacked !! :rofl::rofl:

I heard the other day that the local MP around these parts as now got involved , There are quite a few in the same situation that I know off , Although in fairness not been out here as long as you have , But still feeling just as frustrated.

One guy been here over two years still on a TWP and his daughter as got a Uni place , But they want $22k for the fee as they don't have PR, Otherwise the fee would have been $5k , And I hear stories just like this all the time.:(

Not sure you will get your wishes on the truce though. :o

kb33 Jun 16th 2011 12:18 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9433309)
Having seen what you wrote on another thread, it is obvious you have no clue. I would not want to be the person arriving at Toronto with his LMO and job offer saying "Kev told me it would be OK". In fact, that shocked me.

Read it again yourself. I have never said I know how the APNP work, but I do know how CIC work simply because I had to jump through more hoops than most did. APNP should be a red flag to any emigree now. It is obvious they have a different agenda to the other people in the system. You can sit there with you "I'm alright, Jack" attitude and say how fast it was for you if you wish. Some of us had to convince CIC that we would be good and not be too much trouble. You just sailed through, didn't you?

Spare me your sarcasm as well. It is not particularly well thought out and is rather wasted on me, truth be told. If the Steinbach mafia are out there then they dislike me more then they do you, believe me. None of this makes the least bit of difference. Roy is in the cart. I know this as does everyone else. He posted the exact same thread on BTA as well, which is the only reason I came back here to look.

As you say you know how it works so well, do as I would have done and bloody well ask someone you know. Do anything you can, same as I would. Now you are there pissing and digging at me and showing me just how much a waste of time these boards have become.

A few home truths never hurt anyone , But you might want to step of your perch now , And an apology wont go a miss either ;)

Go back to the H&R thread and see how I backed you up while your so called mates were stabbing you in the back , I was also one of the first to send my condolences after your sad loss while a a couple were noticeable by their absence from the same thread.

I didn't want to bring any of this up but at the end of the day I will defend myself from you and anybody else , Face to face, Truck stop or Public Forum Its all the same to me. I have only been outspoken because its a subject I know something about and the only person I'm having a dig at is those that offend me , So if you cant take it don't dish it out, and just think for a second before you hit the keyboard .

Now lets put an end to all this bickering , But somehow I really doubt that will happen just like the apology.

dave_lol66 Jun 16th 2011 2:44 am

Re: Telling it How it is.
 

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth (Post 9435292)
Putting chains on is a requirement of the job!!!

Laid off February 13th. 2009. Spent two weeks trying to locate a company with LMO's to no avail.KB 33 gave me some contacts and I secured a position with WBT March 10th. 2009-BUT I then had to wait 7 weeks for an LMO to arrive before heading to the border to flagpole before I could start work.

The other Provinces weren't exactly flush with companies with LMOs -so I stayed where I had the safest bet and my family had settled.

The comments on FB were merely humor-if you choose to take it any other way that's up to you!:D

So all in all 3 month to get a WP and you still thought that nothing was wrong with the system:thumbup::thumbup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:06 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.