Telling it How it is.

Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Telling it How it is.

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Oh yeah I forgot how difficult it is to change jobs on a TWP sorry Just continue to do what you are doing because it's obviously working well for you

So how many times have you done it in Alberta in the last two years ?? Thought so , yet another clever dick answer !
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kb33
So how many times have you done it in Alberta in the last two years ?? Thought so , yet another clever dick answer !
Clever enough to know that if it's so important to stay in canada then a change of province would have been on the cards when he first ran into problems and could not get a work permit
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
hes been at Westcan about 2 years now ??? and why has he not come back on here to clarify the points made by Davie ??? or is their to much truth to what the "wolfpack" has claimed...

He seems to come online every 5-6 days so I would assume that ties in with his shift , and probably too scared to come back here after the treatment being dished out here .!

You're all far to eager to jump on the guy for daring to say Canada ain't a bed of roses and I personally know a few other drivers in the same situation , so most of what Roy says is true sadly ..
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Clever enough to know that if it's so important to stay in canada then a change of province would have been on the cards when he first ran into problems and could not get a work permit

Ahh so were all supposed to be clairvoyants now are we ? And predict just what Alberta Pnp will do next . I mean I could have told you processing times will go from three weeks to 13 months then predict CIC will get a back log and put further delays into the process , something that will affect everyone no matter what province your applying from .'

Things just ain't as simple as a few years ago when most of us gained PR
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

hes been at Westcan about 2 years now ??? and why has he not come back on here to clarify the points made by Davie???
Might be wrong but is Davie now not working in Iraq rather than driving truck in Canada?!!!!!!

If true what does that tell you?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Might be wrong but is Davie now not working in Iraq rather than driving truck in Canada?!!!!!!

If true what does that tell you?
He got a dream job offer in Iraq thats what it tells us.
Wonder what your next comment is going to be.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to come online every 5-6 days so I would assume that ties in with his shift , and probably too scared to come back here after the treatment being dished out here .!

You're all far to eager to jump on the guy for daring to say Canada ain't a bed of roses and I personally know a few other drivers in the same situation , so most of what Roy says is true sadly ..
I very much doubt Roy is to scared hes been at Westcan for more than 2 years now and is still farting about on a WP, then hes doing some thing wrong some where, coz he new the time lines 2 years ago and even started a thread highlighting the plight of a German family way back then. yes the we got on his case, specialy after throwing down the gauntlett about us being in Ivory towers,
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTEIf true what does that tell you][/QUOTE]

It tell you that he no longer drives a truck in Canada but now works in Iraq

Anyway Davie as far better skills than truck driving
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I very much doubt Roy is to scared hes been at Westcan for more than 2 years now and is still farting about on a WP, then hes doing some thing wrong some where, coz he new the time lines 2 years ago and even started a thread highlighting the plight of a German family way back then. yes the we got on his case, specialy after throwing down the gauntlett about us being in Ivory towers,

Its not him farting about , As I have said its the PNP/CIC time-lines that have changed and for the worse . They basically want you to put your life on hold while they get their act together, He as far more patience than I would have that's for sure.

When I first read the thread and no replies I just sat back and waited , I knew it would get nasty and the PR/Ivory towers comment would wind some up , But I knew from FB how the guy was feeling and he was getting more and more frustrated with the whole process and this was were he eventually vented those frustration's , Cases like this we should all show our support and back the guy
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

BT,you know nothing about the immigration system here so please keep your pointed remarks to yourself.

KB33,so are you saying that all West-Can expats arriving here during the last 4 years are still on a work permit ? I very much doubt it but feel free to put me right.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
BT,you know nothing about the immigration system here so please keep your pointed remarks to yourself.

KB33,so are you saying that all West-Can expats arriving here during the last 4 years are still on a work permit ? I very much doubt it but feel free to put me right.

No there not and I'm proof of that , but as I said Roy was unlucky and got laid of with the original company he came out with then had to start the process again, in the meantime Alberta PNP started playing hard to get and the nomination thing took forever and that coincided with big backlogs at the PR stage . All of which isn't Roy's fault, he was just plain unlucky.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment,but if he got laid off through no fault of his own why wasn't the provincial nomination carried over to his next employer rather than starting all over again ?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Fair comment,but if he got laid off through no fault of his own why wasn't the provincial nomination carried over to his next employer rather than starting all over again ?

He never got the nomination , In Alberta you have a six to nine month wait after you start work with your employer before you can even send your paperwork off for nomination , Then its a 13 month wait to find out if your successful . If your employer wont nominate you its back home or find another job and wait weeks /months for an LMO to turn up. Which is what some drivers at H&R went through.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kb33;9418037]He never got the nomination , In Alberta you have a six to nine month wait after you start work with your employer before you can even send your paperwork off for nomination , Then its a 13 month wait to find out if your successful . If your employer wont nominate you its back home or find another job and wait weeks /months for an LMO to turn up. Which is what some drivers at H&R went through.[/QUOT

Not looking for an argument here,but,if it's the Provincial Nominee Program why do you need nomination from your employer ? Sure they have to fill in a couple of forms which you can provide them,but that takes two minutes.
I can only speak from my experience in SK,simple as,work for a company for six months,obtain relevant Nominee forms from Provincial Government office,next day ask employer to complete forms then send completed paperwork to Buffalo/LA or whoever is dealing with it.Sit back and wait until passports are requested,then three weeks later have one hell of a "landed party".
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=flat to the mat;9418071]
He never got the nomination , In Alberta you have a six to nine month wait after you start work with your employer before you can even send your paperwork off for nomination , Then its a 13 month wait to find out if your successful . If your employer wont nominate you its back home or find another job and wait weeks /months for an LMO to turn up. Which is what some drivers at H&R went through.[/QUOT

Not looking for an argument here,but,if it's the Provincial Nominee Program why do you need nomination from your employer ? Sure they have to fill in a couple of forms which you can provide them,but that takes two minutes.
I can only speak from my experience in SK,simple as,work for a company for six months,obtain relevant Nominee forms from Provincial Government office,next day ask employer to complete forms then send completed paperwork to Buffalo/LA or whoever is dealing with it.Sit back and wait until passports are requested,then three weeks later have one hell of a "landed party".
Each PNP seems to be different , In the last two years its been a hell of a lot harder to get a nomination in Alberta , I know of some that have had to go back home because they couldn't get WP renewals (non truckers ) Westcan finally got caught out with the Long Haul rule , They now want to see six months worth of log books showing you have been out of the province (bit hard when your on "city fuel " )

In Alberta its the company that nominates you and if they don't like you its bye bye ...

Don't believe me ? more info here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.