Telling it How it is.

Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telling it How it is.

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Alberta doesn't allow you transfer the nomination,or application for nomination,over to another employer-you must start the whole process all over again.
That's what we were told in sk during 2006,but when a few of the guys talked to the relevant people downtown their nomination was carried over regardless,nobody really knows the rules,it's up to the individual to take the lead and very politely demand from the office bods what they require,result happiness
Known a few mates who once nominated by the Province gave up work and sat back waiting for the postman to deliver the golden letter.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

tobyjug is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Telling it How it is.

Originally Posted by Gremmie
You said it all far more eloquently than I ever could...
But here's my 2p worth, the guy that got deported broke the law his paper work may have been forged or he more likely falsified info... his fault you go.
Sick from a dirty truck, who was it Howie Mandel or some other germaphobe, and why did he not have health insurance ??? from his company or private, his fault.... pay ya bill.
So thats 3 of us that changed jobs before we got PR,, I infact changed Provinces and jobs twice, so ya aint stuck in 1 job...
And so on and so forth,
Bureaucratic cock ups happen but can be minimalised by doing the proper research plus the CIC web page has the time lines posted. I would say most if not all of these gripes are of the culprits own doing.

I have to keep up my reputation, this is just canon fodder to me
have to agree with you, i know at least 2 blokes who changed jobs b4 P.R and another who changed province, but they DONT like it when you do...paperwork is everything here......never, never LIE!!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
That's what we were told in sk during 2006,but when a few of the guys talked to the relevant people downtown their nomination was carried over regardless,nobody really knows the rules,it's up to the individual to take the lead and very politely demand from the office bods what they require,result happiness
Known a few mates who once nominated by the Province gave up work and sat back waiting for the postman to deliver the golden letter.
Trust me I tried everything to switch the nomination over when I got laid off,and another driver just switched companies and has had to start again on his PNP for the new company.
As for not working,either at all,or at the same company that nominated you,you best talk to the guy who had Buffalo check up on him-when they found he wasn't working for the company that nominated him he had to start all over again.No golden letter at all and not a good result,eh?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
So all in all 3 month to get a WP and you still thought that nothing was wrong with the system
I note you have been very quiet on how long the PR process took you and what would have happened if you were unable to change your employer while on a WP?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

How is it nearly everyone on here appears to know how to fix things with the immigration process-but the things being said are not,or never have been possible to achieve here.
The situations I have listed are either from first hand experience or directly from the other person concerned.
There are,at present,35 people on work permits in my terminal alone,so I would say that is more than a fair representation of what is currently going on here?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Can only speak from my own experience and that of close friends,and we were all done and dusted by late 07,times have obviously changed since then.You've only to see the positive encouragement of immigrants to SK nowadays,plus all the people who moved to AB but are now coming back in their droves due to the employment here,and property prices earlier on but not now.Even so,it seems that if rice is your staple diet the immigration process is a lot more simple,just an observation
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

I note you have been very quiet on how long the PR process took you and what would have happened if you were unable to change your employer while on a WP?
I applied for pnp in March 2007
Received nomination in June 2007
Moved to Canada working for BFS in June 2007
Changed jobs in March 2008
Got pr in June 2008
and if I had been unable to change employers on a wp I would certainly not have sat around for 3 month hoping it was going to be ok when other options were available
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

There are,at present,35 people on work permits in my terminal alone,so I would say that is more than a fair representation of what is currently going on here?
That says more about the job and the company than it does about immigration
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
I applied for pnp in March 2007
Received nomination in June 2007
Moved to Canada working for BFS in June 2007
Changed jobs in March 2008
Got pr in June 2008
and if I had been unable to change employers on a wp I would certainly not have sat around for 3 month hoping it was going to be ok when other options were available
That's different again,we had to work for the company for at least six months before the Province would nominate us,as I said earlier most of the office bods don't know their arse from their elbow.
More pressing matters,mother in law has just landed in Regina and is here for a month,so if any of you lot think your life is crap cast a thought my way .
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
That's different again,we had to work for the company for at least six months before the Province would nominate us,as I said earlier most of the office bods don't know their arse from their elbow.
More pressing matters,mother in law has just landed in Regina and is here for a month,so if any of you lot think your life is crap cast a thought my way .
That was one of our main reasons for choosing MB, we made a research trip in Jan 2007 with interviews in Mb, Sk and Ab, none of the other provinces would support my 21 year old sons application but Mb did, although it was later rejected by the feds and we had to file a whole new application.
My whole point is don't sit there blaming the system when there were quite obvious problems with it in Ab and other options were available at the time, easy for me to say I know
If your only choice is Ab then accept it for what it is.
FTTM Ithink you should look at a couple of long haul trips for a month
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what fun and games on this thread, and i didnt get slagged off once Just got back from a 2 week road trip through the States, we explored Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri,Mississippi, Georgia and Florida
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well I'm camping on the shores of osoyoos lake BC , so can't be arsed to argue with idiots anymore
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kb33
A few home truths never hurt anyone

Go back to the H&R thread and see how I backed you up while your so called mates were stabbing you in the back
As one of the 'so called mates' to which you refer, nobody stabbed anyone in the back, Rob, myself and a couple of others had a disagreement on TNET, Rob was defending BFS, the rest of us were slagging them off, we're all entitled to our opinions, that's all that went on when it comes down to it, a difference of opinions, which are the lifeblood of any internet forum.

After that it briefly got silly on FB, then as Rob says, the water passed under the bridge, in fact you've brought the sorry saga up on here more than any of us ever did and we were actually involved, it's obviously driving you mad that you're missing out on some juicy gossip, you try and use big words and attempt to come across as the voice of reason, but fail spectactularly as soon as things take a turn that you're not happy with.

Emigrating to Canada is not easy, some provinces are harder than others it would seem, but while you're going through the immigration process you can extend your WP at the border for $150, the same cost as renewing a permit for a job change if you move companies/provinces.

If you do it right, it can be a long drawn out process, for sure, but if you leave things until the last minute, well you have only yourself to blame when things go wrong, playing a victim and bleating on the internet will just incur the wrath of those that did the job properly in the first place.

BTW, I arrived in Canada in May 08, I'm on my second job and my residency application hasn't been processed yet, there are reasons for that, one of the reasons is the time it takes for Buffalo to do their thing, but that's the system, so instead of sitting on my arse and bitching about it, I carry on doing my thing and do what I need to do, when I need to do it, all the while I'm here and waiting I'm becoming more and more established in the country, so I haven't got a little plastic card yet, does it change anything? I could wait another 3yrs for PR and it wouldn't change my life one little bit.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

This is still so much fun
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTEAfter that it briefly got silly on FB, then as Rob says, the water passed under the bridge, in fact you've brought the sorry saga up on here more than any of us ever did and we were actually involved, it's obviously driving you mad that you're missing out on some juicy gossip, you try and use big words and attempt to come across as the voice of reason, but fail spectactularly as soon as things take a turn that you're not happy with.][/QUOTE]

Oh look it's the other musketeer .

It was actually your other mate that brought BTD into the debate on FB , I just answerd the accusations on here . I suppose it must be uncomfortable for you to relive that " sorry saga " . I just find it amusing . Infact you lot just seem to love making an ass of yourselves in public so I'll just keep on being entertained by it all .

Hope the words are not too big for you today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.