Telling it How it is.

Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telling it How it is.

If that's the case it's B/S,and Westcan should've known better.
Makes you wonder,they're making it difficult Brits to get landed but from my experience around Cowtown at least,the gravel trucks are run by Indians and Pakistanis who advertise jobs in the Calgary Sun where "the ability to speak Punjabi would be an advantage" is included.Mind you half of them haven't passed a driving test let alone obtained residency,LOL.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
He got a dream job offer in Iraq thats what it tells us.
Wonder what your next comment is going to be.
My Comment:

Group4/Armour group/Control Risks/Century,
I know all about those "wonderful" jobs in Iraq/Afghan,
£8/9k month or $300American per day TAX FREE , thanks but NO THANKS!!!!!

Hats off to Davie though, but did he leave Canada completely then?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
BT,you know nothing about the immigration system here so please keep your pointed remarks to yourself.

I see you need to go back and do a "refresher course" yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy has been well and truly SHAFTED by two Canadian trucking companies and CIC, PERIOD!!!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I see you need to go back and do a "refresher course" yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy has been well and truly SHAFTED by two Canadian trucking companies and CIC, PERIOD!!!!!!!

Ermm no actually that's not true , he got laid off at the first one and westcan gave him a job in his hour of need , CIC are just taking longer to process applications which affects everyone not just truck drivers in Alberta .
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big Truck
My Comment:

Group4/Armour group/Control Risks/Century,
I know all about those "wonderful" jobs in Iraq/Afghan,
£8/9k month or $300American per day TAX FREE , thanks but NO THANKS!!!!!

Hats off to Davie though, but did he leave Canada completely then?

The job I now do is Logistics Manger for all of Iraq for a company providing services to the Oil & gas industry which as Gremmie said was too good an offer to turn down.

Bit off the mark BT with the wages and working in dangerous & remote regions is not for everyone.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

First off- I only get home after a six day shift and there ain't no signals of any sorts in mountain mines to allow me to respond and defend myself against the anticipated onslaught of responses.
The reason for the post is to point out to people who are thinking of coming to Canada that there is another side to the story. I read blogs and saw all the good side posted loud and clear everywhere when researching coming to Canada, but nobody said anything about the bad side, so how can anyone researching coming here make a truly informed decision?
KB33 is here in Alberta and has seen the problems that are occurring here, he was also very helpful in getting me a job with my current employer during a very difficult time. I am extremely grateful to Kevin for his help and it’s a shame more people can’t take a more balanced opinion on this forum as Kevin does.
There are 13 drivers in my “group” alone, at WBT all at roughly the same stage in their application for PR,and all but one have been in Canada for many years and have had multiple problems during their time here, and no, not through their own faults. So, I am far from being unique in my situation, which is why I believe it is important and fair for people to see the other side of the coin so to speak.
How is it if anyone dare tell another side to the rosy Canadian immigration story they are attacked by the “wolf pack”?
How about anyone posting on this thread put in how long their PR process took them in total-I’ll bet you that there isn’t too many with long process times? Hence my Ivory towered PR status remark. I eventually gained my AINP, but still show empathy towards those around me who are still in the process.
As for these “easily switching jobs on work permits” remarks, if all you knowledgeable people would like to set yourselves up as part time immigration consultants in Edmonton,AB I’m sure you could retire in a couple of years as you’d never be short of clients here! It clearly states on your Alberta nomination that you must inform them of a change of employer-then they take your nomination away as you are nominated by the company you work for and will have to start the process all over again, and yes, I do know people that have had it happen to them. Also companies with LMOs are pretty thin on the ground-I know guys that have been looking for jobs with LMOs with very little success. If any one of you more knowledgeable people would like to email me a list of companies here who actually possess current, positive LMOs I will give you a share of my profits as I would be able to sell them to drivers!!!!!
Alberta, and Canada, in general are always saying “come to Canada-we need and want you!”,in 2008 Ed Stelmach,the Albertan Premier was in the UK actively trying to encourage people to come here and selling them the “Canadian dream”, what isn’t told is the all too often darker side of the immigration process.
How come most responses on here are “if it’s gone wrong it must be your fault”? Like I said you got lucky if you sailed through the process as I definitely know more people who have had it tough rather than easy, and you know what-none of them are criminals, social misfits or lazy buggers!
So I am throwing the gauntlet down to you “wolf pack”-tell us your PR process times and back up your comments with some constructive facts-you never know you may be able to actually help some people .
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived August 2007, holy cow been here that long now
So started in BC with WBT in August 2007,
Moved to Altona MB and started with Spirit November 2007
Got half killed Atlanta GA August 2008 spent weeks in hospital and then 9 months at home with girl friend, now wife
Received new LMO as dispatcher from MB PNP under special circumstances ( unable to drive semi with mangled arm) received PR through Spousal route Feb 2010.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Got lucky never heard such shit, absolutely nothing to do with luck It's not putting up with the crap, being hard working and honest and willing to tell them to shove it and move on.
You have obviously had a very rough time but that has **** all to do with the rest of us that already have pr so maybe better that you just leave now, after all with an attitude like that why set a time and date
Dave it's very tough to move on in Alberta,that's what makes it tough-putting up with crap you'd never put up with in your life before!

You want hard working-try coming with me for a trip delivering fuel to mountain mines-two set of chains on in a foot of mud every day-nobody else will do the job for long,they ain't tough enough-that's why I do it-because I can!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Arrived August 2007, holy cow been here that long now
So started in BC with WBT in August 2007,
Moved to Altona MB and started with Spirit November 2007
Got half killed Atlanta GA August 2008 spent weeks in hospital and then 9 months at home with girl friend, now wife
Received new LMO as dispatcher from MB PNP under special circumstances ( unable to drive semi with mangled arm) received PR through Spousal route Feb 2010.
Thank you Gremmie-I knew you'd be first in there
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
Thank you Gremmie-I knew you'd be first in there
got nothing to hide, I would have had all my docs done sooner but the accident threw every thing out of whack.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Ok I'll play even though Im not part of the "pack "

Arrived August 2007 started with Westcan Calgary

Sent paperwork off for PNP April 2008 came back 3 weeks later with nomination
Sent paperwork to Buffalo May 2008 for PR application

Medical Request August 2008

Passport Request November 2008

Down to Coutts Border (-28 all the way ) December 12 2008 around the flagpole and achieved PR and set a new record for being fastest family to gain PR at Westcan Calgary

Yes we were very lucky in picking the right company and getting over when we did and getting PR so quick.
It aint that easy or as fast now that's for sure
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Rather not be referred to as part of "the pack" but anyhow,
Arrived beginning of 2006,nominated by Saskatchewan in Aug 06,sent all paperwork to Buffalo which was returned because my dear wife had sent them too much money(she loves spending etc LOL),re-submitted and granted PR in July 2007,handed in my notice with Prudhomme Trucking a couple of weeks earlier as we fancied a holiday.Some guys who'd arrived before me were still waiting PR status but we cracked on and did everything as soon as we could(almost),then we were free to make our own choices.
Certainly Alberta seems to be more anal regarding the PNP,not sure how people moving into SK are getting on nowadays,although during 06/07 the goalposts seemed to change the the day,and that's if the office bods understood what they were really meant to be in the first place.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dave it's very tough to move on in Alberta,that's what makes it tough-putting up with crap you'd never put up with in your life before!

You want hard working-try coming with me for a trip delivering fuel to mountain mines-two set of chains on in a foot of mud every day-nobody else will do the job for long,they ain't tough enough-that's why I do it-because I can!!!!!
You may be tough, but not too clever if you put the cains on every day why wait until you are in a foot of mud Any one with 2cents of sense would put them on before
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

I wouldn't call them tough I would call them something else for putting chains on every day.
Why don't you tell us how long you were actually out of work while waiting for LMO's/work permits and then tell us that you didn't realise that their was a problem ocurring with pnp/immigration in Alberta!!!
99.9% of drivers come here with one main aim, PR. Now if there is a problem with applications for WP or LMO's when other provinces were still handing them out and you choose to stay in Ab then that is your choice, don't blame everyone else, and as for you and kb33's comments on FB, pathetic and you have the gaul to call some of us childish
Old Jun 12th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

and as for you and kb33's comments on FB, pathetic and you have the gaul to call some of us childish
The comments were a private joke that's all, Nothing childish, Just a bit of banter , But seen as you are no friend of mine on FB , You must have been snooping on Roy's profile to have read the conversation , So who's pathetic now ?

As far as I'm concerned we are bringing to the attention of any would be immigrants to Alberta the pitfalls that they may come across in gaining PR , Is that so wrong ?? Please don't confuse this with Mcfly's rantings either , That's been going on for far too long and he didn't even get to the nomination stage

You were the leader of the BTD witch hunt , Doesn't even compare with this , That was a private matter which some of you wanted to be made public but only told half the story , Then when others asked what was going of you told them to mind their own f**** business , Now that was very grown up of you

In fact since that fall out with BTD you have become very argumentative and confrontational on the forums , Maybe its a coincidence but I doubt it.

Last edited by kb33; Jun 12th 2011 at 4:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.