Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

switching back to UK Class 1 from Canada

switching back to UK Class 1 from Canada

Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

BossmanBird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default switching back to UK Class 1 from Canada

I have my Class 1 license in Canada, but need to return to UK and drive for a few months (had license there for past 15+ years).
How can I get my UK license back since I handed it in for my Canadian one?
I will then return to Canada in a few months - how to I get my Canadian license back?
Basically - I need to switch my licenses back and forth from Canada and UK.
Thank you for your help with this.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: switching back to UK Class 1 from Canada

Well that was well thought out wasn't it, "technically illegal" in as much as every time you creep 1mph over the speed limit you are "technically" breaking the law.

It's already been fairly well establish that not every Canadian driving centre has asked UK drivers to hand over the UK licence when doing the exchange therefore allowing them to keep both licences. It has also been established that this could present a problem because you could theoritically drive on either licence generating several problematic scenarios in a police stop situation, but seeing as those Canadian driving centres did not require the surrender of the UK licence they are hardly at fault as long as they behave honestly and only use their Canadian one, so an illegal situation would never arise.

You moved way too swiftly with your little delete button there and other useful help along with it. The least you could've done is helped yourself.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: switching back to UK Class 1 from Canada

Originally Posted by BossmanBird
I have my Class 1 license in Canada, but need to return to UK and drive for a few months (had license there for past 15+ years).
How can I get my UK license back since I handed it in for my Canadian one?
I will then return to Canada in a few months - how to I get my Canadian license back?
Basically - I need to switch my licenses back and forth from Canada and UK.
Thank you for your help with this.
Go to Post Office there are forms there to get your UK license .You can say you have changed your UK address which I presume you have or you have lost your license .If you say you changed address you dont need pay a fee .