Spirit Road

Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spirit Road

Originally Posted by mickfly
LOl, not me, but I would have asked all the same questions except the regular trip home stuff, and... the blog was my wifes, about HER adventures.
It's alright asking all the questions as long as the recruiter has the balls to give you honest answers
Old Jul 15th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
It's alright asking all the questions as long as the recruiter has the balls to give you honest answers
And were my answers not honest enough for you ????
Old Jul 16th 2011, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Personally I think its far better to ask drivers that are currently working there for a truer picture of what the company is like to work for . Although I don't doubt for one minute that what Gremmie says is true
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Personally I think its far better to ask drivers that are currently working there for a truer picture of what the company is like to work for . Although I don't doubt for one minute that what Gremmie says is true
That depends on which drivers you ask. Some are more disciplined than others and accept non payment of layover, unwanted stand-downs etc just to get the PR at the end, which in AB seems to be getting further and further away for some people.
Other drivers won't take the crap, and leave or change companies, some like Dave find excellent employers, others go from the frying pan into the fire.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Talk to half a dozen drivers and ask the right questions and you will get a pretty good idea of what's going on. If you don't like the answers don't work there .. simples
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kb33
Talk to half a dozen drivers and ask the right questions and you will get a pretty good idea of what's going on. If you don't like the answers don't work there .. simples
They don't have half a dozen drivers, hence the advert

I now see why you say Cali is easy Gremmie, two and a half trips in a month, part time work, unless it's a different Cali to the one I go to
Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
They don't have half a dozen drivers, hence the advert

I now see why you say Cali is easy Gremmie, two and a half trips in a month, part time work, unless it's a different Cali to the one I go to
Well it must be then as each Cali trip is about 4900miles rounder x 2,5 = 12250 miles with average 7picks & drops per trip. Not the easy peasy 1 pick 1 drop trips you do, sorry you find that even difficult tho