Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

securing truck job and immigrate to Canada

securing truck job and immigrate to Canada

Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Amusa Muideen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default securing truck job and immigrate to Canada

Write something here..I am a truck driver in Nigeria and I will like to work as a truck driver in Canada, how do I get hired and migrate to Canada
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: securing truck job and immigrate to Canada

You'll have to go on the cic.gov website and see if you are eligible to work in Canada first.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Write something here..I have checked cic . government and I am eligible to work in Canada but I don't know how to get hired by the truck companies in Canada
Old Apr 30th 2015, 2:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amusa Muideen View Post
I have checked cic . government and I am eligible to work in Canada
You're not 'eligible to work in Canada' unless you are a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident, or have a temp work permit.

So you need a job offer and LMIA first, as you're not work authorised for Canada from what you've said?

Have a good read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about finding a job from an employer prepared to sponsor you.

Good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Write something here..Thanks for the info that you have given. Please how do I get wiki of a thing, I mean an employer that will sponsor
Old Apr 30th 2015, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amusa Muideen View Post
Write something here..Thanks for the info that you have given. Please how do I get wiki of a thing, I mean an employer that will sponsor
What's with the 'write something here' at the start of every post?!

The Wiki is on the blue bar at the top of the page, loads of useful in the Canada section including a page on trucking and several pages on job hunting.

HTH.
Old May 1st 2015, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Write something here..I dont know of any that are recruiting drivers from over seas ? Most are using their LMIAs for TFW already here. Unless someone on here knows of an outfit actually bringing drivers in at this time ?