Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future
Default Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

[quote=DAVIE_MAC;5457278]Oh well there goes the bachealor lifestyle back to normal living....where is Robin gonna doss down now then HAHAHA poor bloke is gonna have to go home....what about Chris he's gonna feel his arm has been chopped off or is his OH on route also....you 2 aint gonna know what hit you.

Hello Davie_mac,

Glad to see you have joined the mad house again !!

Sit back and watch the fireworks.

How are you doing back in UK, are you packed yet?

Do you have that work permit in your grubby little mits yet?

Christmas is coming the weeks will soon going whizzing by !!!!!

Say Hi to Mrs Mac from me

xxx

Last edited by lilacheart; Oct 23rd 2007 at 9:48 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Why would I want to "bitch" or be "jealous" of somebody who if they "work hard and get the miles" they can earn $8.41hour,when I'm sitting here on my fat arse replying to you from work and I'm earning $40/hour!!!!!!!!
I wish you had more work to do and less time for BE
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Why would I want to "bitch" or be "jealous" of somebody who if they "work hard and get the miles" they can earn $8.41hour,when I'm sitting here on my fat arse replying to you from work and I'm earning $40/hour!!!!!!!!
if we all club together and pay him an extra 20$ an hour,do you think he'll go away and as to the size of your Bum,well i didn't need to know that any ladies out there who like men with big bums
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

he's not answering now he must be having to do something for his $40 hey
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:56 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Big Truck;5459459][quote=andy_sheila;5459149]

Once again,
This post was directed to the SFE guy's,
I'm very well aware that other companies pay for extra's/"bennies",
Can you dispute the $8.41/hour take home figure and is this not a poverty line wage?!!!!!! The provincially set minimum wage for NS is $7.10 per hour (iirc) I have not looked into PEI but i suspect it is similar, so no, $8.41 is not "poverty line" neither is it even "minimum wage"

C'mon now lets be sensible here,
I'm right in saying you've been running as an "O/O" for what all of 6/8 months now?
In that short time your able to honestly state your earning a fortune? Compared to what i ever earnt in the UK......YES, i earn a very good wage, good compared to your $40 an hour but i wouldn't describe it as a fortune, neither would i call 20gbp in the UK a fortune. The only people earning a fortune in Canada and the UK are sports/popstars etc
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
he's not answering now he must be having to do something for his $40 hey
Yep squeezing the zits on his big bum
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Yep squeezing the zits on his big bum

aargh......... I nearly threw up my cornflakes
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
aargh......... I nearly threw up my cornflakes
A lady,doesn't throw up,its a controlled burb my dear.
And why on earth are you eating cornflakes in the middle of the afternoon
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

A lady,doesn't throw up,its a controlled burb my dear.
And why on earth are you eating cornflakes in the middle of the afternoon

can't be bothered to cook, takes too much time away from the computer
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:11 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, not aimed at anyone but can we get back to the original topic of this thread? namely Seafood Express. I'd hate for this to go the way of the H&R thread by Lyndon. This thread is invaluable for people going/thinking of going to SE, as was Lyndons for H&R.
I'm as guilty as anyone but please can we get back on topic?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hey, not aimed at anyone but can we get back to the original topic of this thread? namely Seafood Express. I'd hate for this to go the way of the H&R thread by Lyndon. This thread is invaluable for people going/thinking of going to SE, as was Lyndons for H&R.
I'm as guilty as anyone but please can we get back on topic?
Well Kerry and i have moved onto regurgitating cornflakes That dont count does it tho
So in a nutshell, Seafood are a good and fair employer,who pay the going rate for that region ie. Prince Edward Island,which just so happens to be a really lovely and laid back part of Canada. The employer is willing to take a risk on helping "import" an honest hard working driver and help with relocation of his/her family.
And NO as a driver you wont get rich,not on PEI or anywhere else for that matter,but you can have a good life
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
can't be bothered to cook, takes too much time away from the computer
No it's not it's because you cant afford electric this month.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Well Kerry and i have moved onto regurgitating cornflakes That dont count does it tho
So in a nutshell, Seafood are a good and fair employer,who pay the going rate for that region ie. Prince Edward Island,which just so happens to be a really lovely and laid back part of Canada. The employer is willing to take a risk on helping "import" an honest hard working driver and help with relocation of his/her family.
And NO as a driver you wont get rich,not on PEI or anywhere else for that matter,but you can have a good life
Sounds like you got it in a nutshell mate
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
No it's not it's because you cant afford electric this month.

Behave yourself, as a prospective seafooder you should know better.

I can afford the electric in October we will just have to go without in November.

P.S Ditto what Gremmie said about PEI and seafood
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=andy_sheila;5459563][quote=Big Truck;5459459]
Originally Posted by andy_sheila

Once again,
This post was directed to the SFE guy's,
I'm very well aware that other companies pay for extra's/"bennies",
Can you dispute the $8.41/hour take home figure and is this not a poverty line wage?!!!!!! The provincially set minimum wage for NS is $7.10 per hour (iirc) I have not looked into PEI but i suspect it is similar, so no, $8.41 is not "poverty line" neither is it even "minimum wage"

C'mon now lets be sensible here,
I'm right in saying you've been running as an "O/O" for what all of 6/8 months now?
In that short time your able to honestly state your earning a fortune? Compared to what i ever earnt in the UK......YES, i earn a very good wage, good compared to your $40 an hour but i wouldn't describe it as a fortune, neither would i call 20gbp in the UK a fortune. The only people earning a fortune in Canada and the UK are sports/popstars etc
$8.41/hour is not "poverty line" according to the "powers that be" but what would "the working man on the Street" in PEI/NS think of earning $8.41?
What would somebody "flipping burgers" at "Mickey D's" in Halifax earn an hour?

Yes,
I quite agree that $40/hour (£20/hour) is nowhere near a fortune but for at a guess 90% of the population here in the UK that would be dam GOOD money!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.