British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

Gremmie Oct 23rd 2007 8:20 pm

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Raquelle (Post 5459167)
Glad all is well:thumbsup: As for your washing, I would offer to help but unfortunately I am stuck in Bonnie Scotland:thumbdown: Just remember not to mix your colours with your whites and put your woolly jumpers on a cold wash or you could end up looking like me:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now she tells me:curse::curse::eek:

andy_sheila Oct 23rd 2007 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5459178)
Andy.... " I love you":wub::rofl: but not even this info will keep BT still for long:curse: or some of the other "doubting Thommases" but it should make some interesting reading tho:rofl:

SSSHHHHHH Sheila will get jealous :rofl: Have you got a new rig mate? your red truck seems to have turned white in your avatar.

lilacheart Oct 23rd 2007 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by pete d (Post 5459088)
what is there to stay in the UK for ????

Well according to the news I read today loads and loads more immigrants.

I know I am an immigrant but I would rather be one here than watch them squeeze into the uk.

Gremmie Oct 23rd 2007 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5459221)
SSSHHHHHH Sheila will get jealous :rofl: Have you got a new rig mate? your red truck seems to have turned white in your avatar.

just a pretty picture thats all

RodRos&Co. Oct 23rd 2007 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5458875)
Sorry guy's,
but I have to come back at you.;)
Can anybody dispute the guy's figures who done the 8 day run for Seafood?:unsure:
He probably worked an average 10hours/day (possibly more!!) to earn in his pocket a "poverty line" $673.23 which turns into a joke of a hourly rate of $8.41 when divided by 80 hours!!!!!!!!:eek::rofl:
Can you guy's see that? Its in black and white!!!:thumbup:

So your arseing about at the border faxing paperwork to shippers/brokers etc for a couple of hours,DONE FOR FREE:confused:
Sitting on a dock waiting to be loaded/tipped for 3/4/5 hours,DONE FOR FREE:confused:
Waiting on a fitter when your broke down/flat tyre,DONE FOR FREE:confused:
Getting the reefer cleaned between loads,DONE FOR FREE:confused:
Filling the truck/reefer with diesel,DONE FOR FREE?!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention being short changed on the mileage you have driven by approx 10% because your on "PC Milner" and not "HUB" miles!!!!

I absolutely know you can't earn a fortune driving trucks and I don't expect to but I REFUSE to give my time for free and especially for approx $8.50/hour when I do get the chance to work hard and earn some money!!!!!!:(

Oh dear, here we go again

Gremmie Oct 23rd 2007 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co. (Post 5459257)
Oh dear, here we go again

I see i'm not the only one with a sense of De ja vous.........

lilacheart Oct 23rd 2007 8:47 pm

It does feel like ground hog day

RodRos&Co. Oct 23rd 2007 9:01 pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gremmie Oct 23rd 2007 9:12 pm

:p i've finished my laundry:rofl: not that any ones intressted:unsure:
It's gone awfully quiet on here.....is this the calm before the storm:confused:

Big Truck Oct 23rd 2007 9:13 pm

C'mon at least you've all got to agree things get a bit livelier when I'm around and the forum doesn't get filled with ALOT of crap "jibber jabber" posts!!!!:thumbsup: (Gremmie, listen up!!!:D)

Gremmie Oct 23rd 2007 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5459413)
C'mon at least you've all got to agree things get a bit livelier when I'm around and the forum doesn't get filled with ALOT of crap "jibber jabber" posts!!!!:thumbsup: (Gremmie, listen up!!!:D)

Ah the prodigal son returns:rofl:
Ding ding round 2:eek:
So BT have you kept up with the replies (i dont mean my laundry woe's) or has Andy managed (please God let him say yes) to shut you up:rofl::rofl:

Raquelle Oct 23rd 2007 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5459404)
:p i've finished my laundry:rofl: not that any ones intressted:unsure:
It's gone awfully quiet on here.....is this the calm before the storm:confused:

Im interested in your laundry:rofl::rofl: Hope it never all went pear shaped:p Anyway, we shouldn't really jibber jabber like this as BT might get upset:rofl: After all there is no room for a bit of banter on here just bitchiness eh BT:rofl::rofl:

Big Truck Oct 23rd 2007 9:26 pm

[QUOTE=andy_sheila;5459149]

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5458875)
Sorry guy's,
but I have to come back at you.;)
Can anybody dispute the guy's figures who done the 8 day run for Seafood?:unsure:
He probably worked an average 10hours/day (possibly more!!) to earn in his pocket a "poverty line" $673.23 which turns into a joke of a hourly rate of $8.41 when divided by 80 hours!!!!!!!!:eek::rofl:
Can you guy's see that? Its in black and white!!!:thumbup:

So your arseing about at the border faxing paperwork to shippers/brokers etc for a couple of hours,DONE FOR FREE...This is done from the shippers (by the shippers sometimes) or at a truck stop enroute and takes all of 5 minutes, it's NEVER done at the border.
Sitting on a dock waiting to be loaded/tipped for 3/4/5 hours,DONE FOR FREE. It's an unavoidable aspect of the job, in all jobs, even hourly paid, there are certain things you do for "free"
Waiting on a fitter when your broke down/flat tyre,DONE FOR FREE. Most companies pay waiting time, if it happens to me i get $25 p/h
Getting the reefer cleaned between loads,DONE FOR FREE. Most companies pay you for cleaning out the reefer, i get $7.95 just for sweeping mine and it takes 10 minutes.
Filling the truck/reefer with diesel,DONE FOR FREE?!!!!!!!!! Again, takes all of 5 minutes as you do it when you fill the truck
Not to mention being short changed on the mileage you have driven by approx 10% because your on "PC Milner" and not "HUB" miles!!!! PC Miler is on average 5-10% shorter on miles but you are not being short changed as you know when you start that PC Miler is the method they pay by. Also, what about when you find a route SHORTER than PC Miler, if you have any mapping software try this: Dartmouth, NS to Oshkosh, WI. PC Miler will take you via Chicago so you get paid accordingly, now do the same route but add travel via Sault St Marie, ON......now who's being short changed ?

I absolutely know you can't earn a fortune driving trucks and I don't expect to but I REFUSE to give my time for free and especially for approx $8.50/hour when I do get the chance to work hard and earn some money!!!!!! Define "earning a fortune" Compared to anything i ever earned in the UK, I AM earning a fortune. Very few jobs pay an actual fortune.

Once again:blink:,
This post was directed to the SFE guy's,
I'm very well aware that other companies pay for extra's/"bennies",
Can you dispute the $8.41/hour take home figure and is this not a poverty line wage?!!!!!!

C'mon now lets be sensible here,
I'm right in saying you've been running as an "O/O" for what all of 6/8 months now?
In that short time your able to honestly state your earning a fortune?:rofl:

RodRos&Co. Oct 23rd 2007 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Raquelle (Post 5459437)
After all there is no room for a bit of banter on here just bitchiness eh BT:rofl::rofl:

or plain old common sense question and answers with a bit of a laugh thrown in,

but on the other hand Andy has done it got the t. shirt etc (in Canada)

Big Truck Oct 23rd 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Raquelle (Post 5459437)
Im interested in your laundry:rofl::rofl: Hope it never all went pear shaped:p Anyway, we shouldn't really jibber jabber like this as BT might get upset:rofl: After all there is no room for a bit of banter on here just bitchiness eh BT:rofl::rofl:

Why would I want to "bitch" or be "jealous" of somebody who if they "work hard and get the miles" they can earn $8.41hour,when I'm sitting here on my fat arse replying to you from work and I'm earning $40/hour!!!!!!!!:thumbup: