British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

DAVIE_MAC May 9th 2008 1:58 pm

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Has Pete d arrived there yet or did he throw a body swerve and if so how is he getting along.

Spanner in the works now springs to mind.....:blink:

My House still has not sold....maybe things happen for a reason.

lilacheart May 9th 2008 2:01 pm

I heard he didn't arrive but that was a few days ago

lilacheart May 9th 2008 2:37 pm

I know this is not easy reading for those thinking of coming over

I did not post this on a whim. It is only fair that we say how it is.

We dont regret coming. Seafood were good to us but the company appears to be in trouble. I would consider other companies at this present time.

I suppose on the plus side as long as the company does not shut down there are plenty of vacancies at the moment ;)

DAVIE_MAC May 9th 2008 2:45 pm

Remember a long long time ago on an island far far away......:blink:

There was a family called...well posted as fordperfect, this is some cut n paste of what they said last year:

To be honest the contract isn't worth the paper its printed on, they said they would pay for my flight and didn't, they say you will get paid for pick ups and drops, but what they don't tell you is it is paid at their discretion, they don't pay for layovers,

If I were you I wouldn't work for Seafood Express, but Bulk Carriers are OK I have a friend who works for them and he seems happy enough, but make sure you have everything in writing and ask lots of questions.

:confused:

Up n down & round & round - On the Bus off the Bus.

Look at it this way if there's no drivers there will be sh*t loads of work...:blink:

Thanks though must go to Kerry for being honest...cheers Mrs K

Gremmie May 10th 2008 1:33 am

Originally Posted by chris12 (Post 6328398)
YOU GO GET EM KLINK

WILL POST MY LATEST NEWS OVER THE WEEKEND.........

It would not surprise me if some one at seefood contacts the site Admin to get this thread closed down...:thumbdown:

But on a lighter note,,i met loaft last nite on MSN web cam....he.s got less hair than me:rofl::p:rofl:

koogar May 10th 2008 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 6331398)
It would not surprise me if some one at seefood contacts the site Admin to get this thread closed down...:thumbdown:

But on a lighter note,,i met loafy last nite on MSN web cam....he.s got less hair than me:rofl::p:rofl:

were you dressed like Leslie Grantham Grem? :unsure:

Gremmie May 10th 2008 3:31 am

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 6331490)
were you dressed like Leslie Grantham Grem? :unsure:

:confused::confused::confused:

marcustandy May 10th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 6331533)
:confused::confused::confused:

Koogs,

Went over Grahams head me thinks! :lol:

Maybe they didn't get EastEnders in Swiss.

loafy May 10th 2008 1:58 pm

But on a lighter note,,i met loaft last nite on MSN web cam....he.s got less hair than me

LOAFY...:thumbsup:

chris12 May 10th 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by loafy (Post 6333199)
But on a lighter note,,i met loaft last nite on MSN web cam....he.s got less hair than me

LOAFY...:thumbsup:

Don't forget Loafy, you can tell them you have it cut like that. ya window licker. lol.

Big Truck May 12th 2008 10:08 pm

Dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!:(

Tsk Tsk Tsk:thumbdown:

marcustandy May 13th 2008 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 6341571)
Dear oh dear oh dear!!!!!:(

Tsk Tsk Tsk:thumbdown:

You did well there, Big Truck!

If anyone could be described as in the perfect position to say "Told you so!" it would be you at this time!!

Well done for resisting. :thumbup:;);)

To those that are still at SFE - good luck.

To those who are still 'livin' the dream' on PEI, either with or without SFE, good for you and I really hope it all works out well for you all.

Davie_Mac, does these recent events change any of your plans?

DAVIE_MAC May 13th 2008 9:48 am

[quote=marcustandy;6342528]You did well there, Big Truck!

If anyone could be described as in the perfect position to say "Told you so!" it would be you at this time!!

To those that are still at SFE - good luck.
Is there anyone....:blink:

To those who are still 'livin' the dream' on PEI, either with or without SFE, good for you and I really hope it all works out well for you all.
DITO that coz regardless they have gone there done that and are still helping future ex-pats no end and we should all be very grateful for that regardless if it's good or bad news...at least it's honest news.....:thumbup:

The ex-pats there have been great to us, past & present SE employees.
They have provided us with lots of personal information which they never had any reason to apart from being helpful to enable us to make a balanced informed decision as to whether the move we were making was the correct one...even during this difficult time at SE they have all been totaly honest.

We have drawn our own conclusions regarding this and made our own jugement. What works for some does not work for others. What some want is not what others want and you can't knock anyone for what they decide is best for the most important people in their life....their immediate family and what makes them all happy.

Davie_Mac, does these recent events change any of your plans?
Yes and No really.

But in what way remains to be seen.

Yes - in the way we approach the move & No - It will not affect our move to PEI.

The main thing which is affecting out plans is the non sale of the house which is a real pain in the ass.

lilacheart May 13th 2008 10:59 am

Originally Posted by marcustandy (Post 6342528)
You did well there, Big Truck!

I must admit I saw BT had posted and opened it with one eye shut waiting for the backlash..thank you BT

We all felt it was time we let folks know about the current situation, We couldn't let others come out here without being honest with them. It was bit of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I hope it all settles done for all concerned. I was talking to somebody in the know yesterday and apparently this is common in the spring. It is called spring clearup .... everybody shuffles around companies looking for the greener grass.. doesn't excuse the bridge and bonus though !

DAVIE_MAC May 13th 2008 11:57 am

I must admit I saw BT had posted and opened it with one eye shut waiting for the backlash..thank you BT

We all felt it was time we let folks know about the current situation, We couldn't let others come out here without being honest with them. It was bit of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.
BT is not that bad & I wouldn't think as a fellow driver he would come on here and say I told you so.

I wouldn't worry what anyone say's regardless of who it would be. When a family uproots itself to move accross the world to look for better things then you have earned a massive amount of respect. Nobody said it was all going to be plain sailing and not have it's difficult moments, but....at least you have had the balls to do it...one way or another you have made it work and that has to be admired. It's a difficult thing to explain but I belive until you have been there done that as I mentioned I don't belive you have earned the right to critisise and especially not to sneer and say I told you so.

I hope it all settles done for all concerned. I was talking to somebody in the know yesterday and apparently this is common in the spring. It is called spring clearup .... everybody shuffles around companies looking for the greener grass..
Maybe this time next year I will be able to let YOU know about this...then YOU can say to me "TOLD YOU SO YA MUPPET...:p"

But at least I'll be a PEI Muppet...:D

doesn't excuse the bridge and bonus though !
Quite right, coz when the peasants are revolting the last thing you want to do is P**S them off even more by withholding their entitlements.

I have stolen the following from Andy from Kentville:

Everything is always ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end