Scales Question

Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Scales Question

Good Day All,

Q. If you hire a truck say from U-Haul roughly a 26footer towing a car are they required to stop at scales on route? I would presume so but a friend is moving and is not a trucker asked me and I said "Mines a humongous one so I don't have any choice and never thought of the smaller ones" and basically I Know F**K all anyway... so cant help you but I know some smart assess who do!!

or is there some sort of exemption for them (which I doubt).

I know I should know but know I dont so will wait for all the grief to come my way...

Cheers....
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:47 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scales Question

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Good Day All,

Q. If you hire a truck say from U-Haul roughly a 26footer towing a car are they required to stop at scales on route? I would presume so but a friend is moving and is not a trucker asked me and I said "Mines a humongous one so I don't have any choice and never thought of the smaller ones" and basically I Know F**K all anyway... so cant help you but I know some smart assess who do!!

I know I should know but know I dont so will wait for all the grief to come my way...

Cheers....
I dont know where you are, but in the US, typically, anything other than a personal truck (Ford F250 etc) has to stop at the scales...when they are open...so I would say he has to stop..
Old Jun 25th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SDDep
I dont know where you are, but in the US, typically, anything other than a personal truck (Ford F250 etc) has to stop at the scales...when they are open...so I would say he has to stop..
Hi mate

We are in Canada and I think the same also applies here but just wanted to check to see what other people's opinions were.

Thanks very much for the reply.

any other comments would also be appreciated.

Cheers Dave
Old Jun 25th 2010, 7:30 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate

We are in Canada and I think the same also applies here but just wanted to check to see what other people's opinions were.

Thanks very much for the reply.

any other comments would also be appreciated.

Cheers Dave
Howdy...great avatar by the way!!!

Hopefully someone with the specific Canada knowledge will be along...
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SDDep
Howdy...great avatar by the way!!!

Hopefully someone with the specific Canada knowledge will be along...
Cheers mate,

yeh maybe Big Truck will be along "The font of all knowledge"

only kidding BT
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Good Day All,

Cheers....
No this is for private usage not for hire and reward. I did this from Kamloops BC to Altona MB . Have you ever seen small trucks with those large 5th wheel campers on the scales ???? its the same thing. OK

Last edited by Gremmie; Jun 25th 2010 at 8:31 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Cheers mate,

yeh maybe Big Truck will be along "The font of all knowledge"

only kidding BT

My knowledge is:

Do what we done on the harvest, BYPASS 'EM ALL!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Drove past the scale in Sparwood BC today and the sign said "Any Vehicle over 5500kg must pull in at the Scales "

So Davie there you have it
Old Jun 27th 2010, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
Drove past the scale in Sparwood BC today and the sign said "Any Vehicle over 5500kg must pull in at the Scales "

So Davie there you have it
Yeah that is what i thought. In the US it often says ALL vehicles over 10,000lbs.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
My knowledge is:

Do what we done on the harvest, BYPASS 'EM ALL!!!!
1 scale by passed and that was closed
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
1 scale by passed and that was closed
Don't give up the day job!!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

well if you notice there is weight limit for going in but there is exceptions normally recreational motors are excempt.