References

Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default References

Hi
Just thought I would put this up and see how it goes. Spoke to one of my bosses today about sorting out some references and as the room was full of the Officer bread they all offered to do one (a reference that is)
I have never done this sort of thing before (never been out of work) so how many should I have? Should I get them on decent headed paper etc?
What have you's done?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: References

Really all you need is a contact number or email so a prospective employer can check whether you're a worker or a shirker
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

shirker, where the hell did you dig that word up from.

I have been advised by some old dude in a crusty suit that you should have references on headed paper etc, I wasnt to bothered until I read a couple of applications for companies saying the exact same.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well I suppose it wouldn't do any harm, But I wouldn't bother myself you're going for a Truck Driving job remember

Just think of Gremmie doing a Skype interview in his grundies
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Well I suppose it wouldn't do any harm, But I wouldn't bother myself you're going for a Truck Driving job remember

Just think of Gremmie doing a Skype interview in his grundies
referances might come in useful at PR stage aswell,,, most companies want some thing to see if you have the experiance that you claim
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I realise that. My problem is I havent been for a job interview for over 20yrs, and those ones were YTS (or no dole money) The pit and the army none of which were particularly hard to get the job, something along the lines of:
Legs 2
Arms 2
Eyes almost straight
Ears still attached
Bend over ()
Cough - testicles have dropped
Pass - Start Monday!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
referances might come in useful at PR stage aswell,,, most companies want some thing to see if you have the experiance that you claim
By the the time he as got to PR stage I think he will have shown he as got the necessary experience to do the job. Either that or will have arrived back home long ago

We are Truck Drivers remember .. and classed as such ie ... Nose picking arse scratching pile up causing low life
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I will take them anyway while I have the offer, I cant see it being any harm.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

OH has only had 3 employers so I wouldn't worry about only having 1 reference Dinger.....I think that makes a better impression instead of say 20 references (sorry any that have that many! ). OH has the 'Certificate of Service' from his time in the Army and he has used that as a reference.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was told to get my references on headed paper with start and finish dates, what class of vehicle, what weight carrying, types of load and the usual stuff , mainly for pr purposes, better to get them while at home rather than in canada.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes
This is similar to what I had been told and again I think I would rather have them with me when we move. The problem with my referees is the move around alot so they are kind of hard to keep track of.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by farjojo71
OH has only had 3 employers .

I have no chance then, add 30 in front of that......for me.

Then again,,,,,I have exp in a wide carry load sector and different countries.

To be honest, I have never got a hard copy ref: Just a direct contact number / email and let others do the printing.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241

I have no chance then, add 30 in front of that......for me.

Then again,,,,,I have exp in a wide carry load sector and different countries.

To be honest, I have never got a hard copy ref: Just a direct contact number / email and let others do the printing.
Faron was a driver in the Army 1988-2001 and worked for 2 haulage firms since he left so thats why only 3

So for PR, will Faron have to have written references from peeps in the Army? Think that is going to be impossible to do as he left 8 years ago.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

personally i think proof of being in the army for over 10yrs is a good enough reference, without going into everything he did in there, as the list could be endless.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didster7
personally i think proof of being in the army for over 10yrs is a good enough reference, without going into everything he did in there, as the list could be endless.
canada needs more people that know how to kill properly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.