Recession!!

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:24 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all
Default Recession!!

I just wondered if any of you truckers out there have noticed any major downturn in work or jobs lost since the recession in Canada started?

Last edited by Geordielass; Mar 2nd 2009 at 5:50 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:23 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recession!!

Originally Posted by Geordielass
I just wondered if any of you truckers out there have noticed any major downturn in work or jobs lost since the recession in Canada started?
I haven't noticed any significant downturn, things are a little slower than usual for the time of year but nothing to be worried about.
Companies in the Maritimes are still looking for, and hiring drivers but a few of the bigger companies seem to be looking for owner/ops, presumably because they are easier to get rid of should things go pear shaped.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:03 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

thanks for that....its just there seems to be quite a lot of professions in Canada feeling the pinch and I just hadnt really heard much about truckies.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:58 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordielass
thanks for that....its just there seems to be quite a lot of professions in Canada feeling the pinch and I just hadnt really heard much about truckies.
here's a snippet from an email i received today....

I did receive your email, but am currently in Germany and Holland on driver recruitment missions. Could you call me next week wednesday when I am back in the office.
Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:04 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
here's a snippet from an email i received today....

I did receive your email, but am currently in Germany and Holland on driver recruitment missions. Could you call me next week wednesday when I am back in the office.
Thanks
things cant be too bad then!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I was on a website for employment in Canada looking to employ immigrants and it had over 12700 jobs, these were admittedly blue collar jobs.
So there are jobs out there.
The bigger well known companies dont seem to be recruiting as much right now although Andy mentions a company out recruiting so that proves that there are jobs to be had!
You should have told them to PM me Andy, they could have come over to my place for a brew if they were in Germany
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:34 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by dinger24
I was on a website for employment in Canada looking to employ immigrants and it had over 12700 jobs, these were admittedly blue collar jobs.
So there are jobs out there.
The bigger well known companies dont seem to be recruiting as much right now although Andy mentions a company out recruiting so that proves that there are jobs to be had!
You should have told them to PM me Andy, they could have come over to my place for a brew if they were in Germany
well dinger...only time will tell I suppose, we will all have to wait and see what happens in the next few months
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:14 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Or go meet with them in their hotel and have an interview over dinner (that they pay for!). That's what I did!!

BTW Dinger, have you ever had a night out in Bremen (seeing as you are about 2 hours closer than me)?? Looks like it had loads of potential!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Bremen is good for a night out, Hannover also a good night out but I prefer Hamburg It is more touristy, it has fantastic shopping and the ReeperBahn is a good night out

Typical - Iam sitting here at a key board eating Ginsters pies and drinking Panda Pop and your getting wined and dined with a job offer!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Bremen is good for a night out, Hannover also a good night out but I prefer Hamburg It is more touristy, it has fantastic shopping and the ReeperBahn is a good night out

Typical - Iam sitting here at a key board eating Ginsters pies and drinking Panda Pop and your getting wined and dined with a job offer!

Whats the ReeperBahn....

My Mum told me about something like that and said it was a dirty place and bad bad women would gobble ( ) me up so I got scared and never went
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:31 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Ahhhhhh Ginsters and panda pop, that takes me back........ummmmmm
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:48 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

but I prefer Hamburg
Oh yeah?? I've heard about Hamburg!!

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
bad bad women would gobble ( ) me
Yeah, that's what I heard!!

A few of us are off up there next weekend!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcustandy
Oh yeah?? I've heard about Hamburg!!

Yeah, that's what I heard!!

A few of us are off up there next weekend!!
Just beware Martin i know yoa misses, so cross my palms with silver or i spill the beans
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

nick61 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh to be back in Germany they were good times (in the 80s ) ex bleep and proud
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
My Mum told me about something like that and said it was a dirty place and bad bad women would gobble ( ) me up so I got scared and never went
Well your OK Dave the reeper bahn has been hit with the recession as well so you might have to gobble your self up

I have to admit I have enjoyed Germany but its at an end now, just got my posting order on JPA so I am heading back to the spoils of Edinburgh (no reeper Bahn, and there is no way I will be heading any where near the Leith docks) far to dangerous! - so I have been told
I have around 6 months in the UK and I will be pulling all stops out and getting my self sorted out for Canada
PS Nice to see you back again Graham - We have missed the Swiss banter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.