British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   R.I.P. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/r-i-p-701457/)

Gremmie Jan 19th 2011 9:29 pm

R.I.P.

Deapest heart felt sympathy to Bob The Dog and his young son Mikey at the loss of a wife and mother, my prayers go out to you both.

kb33 Jan 19th 2011 11:47 pm

Re: R.I.P.

Can't imagine what your going through right now, So sorry for your loss Rob :( Stay strong for your son.

Big Truck Jan 20th 2011 8:44 am

Very sorry to read this thread very shocked, I don't know what to say Rob except my heart goes out to you and your young son.

CurtNIR Jan 20th 2011 2:21 pm

so sorry to hear that.

Deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family....

Sue Jan 20th 2011 2:59 pm

Deepest condolences to you, your son and your family

bobthedog Jan 21st 2011 4:06 am

Thanks, Folks.

It has been a terrible couple of weeks, and a devastating couple of days. We are shell shocked and completely crushed, but thanks to the kind thoughts and deeds, we are coping.

My wife, Puff, was an amazingly strong woman. The last 4 years have been a constant stream of fear, prodding, jabbing, slicing and being told what to do by strangers.... and by us. She had a heart attack in December and didn't even know it, then she suffered from heart and kidnet failure 2 weeks ago and was admitted to hospital. They told all of us she was improving, although she would need dialysis when she was strong enough.

Sadly, the Heparin caused a massive bleed in her brain and she was unable to recover. They shut down her life support when I finally got there and she just went to sleep. We were all there and were able to say goodbye, and that is a wonderful thing.

A word to the wise. I have, at age 41, suddenly discovered that those stolen moment of joy are impossibly precious, but it took for those moments we stole to be stolen from me to realise it. Do not make the same error, please!!!!

rivit Jan 23rd 2011 3:05 pm

My condoleces to you Bob.

Charles

nwtrucker Jan 25th 2011 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9117533)
Thanks, Folks.

It has been a terrible couple of weeks, and a devastating couple of days. We are shell shocked and completely crushed, but thanks to the kind thoughts and deeds, we are coping.

My wife, Puff, was an amazingly strong woman. The last 4 years have been a constant stream of fear, prodding, jabbing, slicing and being told what to do by strangers.... and by us. She had a heart attack in December and didn't even know it, then she suffered from heart and kidnet failure 2 weeks ago and was admitted to hospital. They told all of us she was improving, although she would need dialysis when she was strong enough.

Sadly, the Heparin caused a massive bleed in her brain and she was unable to recover. They shut down her life support when I finally got there and she just went to sleep. We were all there and were able to say goodbye, and that is a wonderful thing.

A word to the wise. I have, at age 41, suddenly discovered that those stolen moment of joy are impossibly precious, but it took for those moments we stole to be stolen from me to realise it. Do not make the same error, please!!!!

Very sorry to hear that news Bob, must be a very difficult time right now. I'm sure she was proud of all you've achieved over the last few years.
Condolences and best wishes in the days ahead.

HeadingNorth Jan 26th 2011 7:41 pm

Our deepest condolences to you and Mikey

DAVIE_MAC Jan 27th 2011 7:34 pm

So sorry to hear then news Bob and my deepest sympathy goes out to you and your Son and all the family..so tragic

Dave