Quickest way to get a job

Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:35 pm
ac1
Just Joined

ac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quickest way to get a job

What is the quickest and easiest way to get a truck driving job in Canada?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:46 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quickest way to get a job

Originally Posted by ac1 View Post
What is the quickest and easiest way to get a truck driving job in Canada?
I'm fairly certain there is no quick n easy method!

Meet the criteria, apply to companies with LMO's or willing and able to get them and go through the process!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't one , only fools rush in , then bleat on about how crap Canada can be when they're back in Blighty .
Do you're research , then do it again .
Old Dec 11th 2013, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

John a trains is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say both Fluffy & flat to the mat are right.
I also think that it depends on which province you wish to go to as the rules change from province to province and almost day to day, or seems like that at times.
I can let you know about New Brunswick if your interested.
I did hear that since July 2013 you will need to sit an English test for every province,even for a LMO .
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John a trains View Post
I did hear that since July 2013 you will need to sit an English test for every province,even for a LMO .
Not sure where you heard that, but it's not correct. No IELTS is required for a LMO, but they are required for semi-skilled and low-skilled applicants under the PNP, as well as for all applicants under other PR routes such as FSW (although a truck driver wouldn't qualify as a FSW anyway).

HTH.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:12 am
Just Joined

ammigill is an unknown quantity at this point

The easiest way and quickest way to get a trucking job are
First of all need to eligible for applying the driving jobs
Approaching companies with curriculum vitae
Class D license is required for driving a straight trucks
Class A license is required for driving articulated trucks.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

It took 6 weeks since my first contact with Timeline untill me arrived in Canada. Is that quick enaugh? :-) Of course I did some research...mainly on this web site.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Is that Timeline Logistics ? How you liking it with them?
Old Dec 24th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Not sure where you heard that, but it's not correct. No IELTS is required for a LMO, but they are required for semi-skilled and low-skilled applicants under the PNP, as well as for all applicants under other PR routes such as FSW (although a truck driver wouldn't qualify as a FSW anyway).

HTH.
yup not required for a LMO at the moment but you wont get PR without IELTS.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 6:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
yup not required for a LMO at the moment but you wont get PR without IELTS.
Not correct, there are many routes to PR where IELTS isn't required. It just depends on the route used.

HTH.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

very true but i would say most folk on the trucking forum are on a TWP ..and no higher education than high school. and to receive nomination for pnp ,well in MB anyway requires IELTS now.
jimmy.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
very true but i would say most folk on the trucking forum are on a TWP ..and no higher education than high school. and to receive nomination for pnp ,well in MB anyway requires IELTS now.
jimmy.
It is required for employment based PNP if in semi-skilled/low-skilled jobs, as I mentioned above, but it's not always required for truck drivers - many will apply for PR under a spouses job, or a different type of PNP stream such as the CIS in NS. No IELTS required then.

So it does very much depend on the route used, so 'you won't get PR without IELTS' isn't correct for all and I just wanted to clarify for the sake of anybody reading.