Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

brolly2k13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

i wish to plan it around June Or July or would you guys recommend me to wait until November at least so at January when they begin renewing LMO's there will be more jobs hiring?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

Can't do the licence till you have a permanent address and a work permit and you need an LMO for a WP.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

Originally Posted by kb33
Can't do the licence till you have a permanent address and a work permit and you need an LMO for a WP.

LOL that should kill this thread in its tracks
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
LOL that should kill this thread in its tracks
i didnt ask you two about the formalities of how to do the license i know the rules well enough and i already know what to do . i asked only about the timing of when is it a good time to find a job new year or august...?
So please dont go off topic just give a reply to the question asked reguarding the timing of when is it better to find a job when are more chances to find one?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTE] question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license/QUOTE]

Thats what you asked , and it was replied accurately .

There is no good or bad time to look for jobs , But personally I would come in winter to get a real feel of the place Then aim to start in spring .
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Winter is best , and Carnegie is your friend . Welcome
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:43 am
Just Joined

the feel is one thing LMO's renewal time is another when do they ussally renew LMO in new year?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

ok ill bite what do you mean ,usually renew LMO in new year?
LMOs are issued all year and the TWPs and last from 1yr ----4yrs max...or are you thinking off IEC visa.for young uns .

Last edited by jamesmc; Apr 29th 2013 at 2:35 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

im simply asking when's a good time to find jobs for foreign workers someone who i know said LMO's are issued at the new year more thats the time when the Trucking companies have inventory count and ussally hire more new drivers is there any truth in this?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

cant say ive heard o this ..if you need drivers you need drivers ..
dont wait to long ..check canadian immigration section and new rules coming in soon..not going to be easy anymore!
jimmy.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamesmc
cant say ive heard o this ..if you need drivers you need drivers ..
dont wait to long ..check canadian immigration section and new rules coming in soon..not going to be easy anymore!
jimmy.
Jimmy can you give me link to this? My nephew wants to come next year so I think he should know what he's in for!
Lee
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

so how does this affect all the proccess?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

its up on the main forum....Canada...immigration ....headline is
more changes for foreign workers .by former lancastrian posted a the links.
more ao less what was on breakfast tv this morning
jimmy
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

The jist o it seems that employers will have to pay for LMOs,Companies will have to start training out o work Canadians /help them relocate, have to show they have a training program in place for unskilled and semiskilled jobs.even though young Canadians dont want tae drive a truck
jimmy
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:35 am
Just Joined

when will these changes occure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.