British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/question-reguarding-when-should-i-arrive-canada-do-my-drivers-license-795411/)

brolly2k13 Apr 28th 2013 4:29 pm

question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

i wish to plan it around June Or July or would you guys recommend me to wait until November at least so at January when they begin renewing LMO's there will be more jobs hiring?

kb33 Apr 28th 2013 5:40 pm

Re: question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

Can't do the licence till you have a permanent address and a work permit and you need an LMO for a WP.

Gremmie Apr 28th 2013 7:24 pm

Re: question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10682326)
Can't do the licence till you have a permanent address and a work permit and you need an LMO for a WP.

LOL that should kill this thread in its tracks:rofl::rofl:

brolly2k13 Apr 28th 2013 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 10682430)
LOL that should kill this thread in its tracks:rofl::rofl:

i didnt ask you two about the formalities of how to do the license i know the rules well enough and i already know what to do . i asked only about the timing of when is it a good time to find a job new year or august...?
So please dont go off topic just give a reply to the question asked reguarding the timing of when is it better to find a job when are more chances to find one?

kb33 Apr 28th 2013 8:38 pm

[QUOTE] question reguarding when should i arrive to canada to do my driver's license/QUOTE]

Thats what you asked , and it was replied accurately .

There is no good or bad time to look for jobs , But personally I would come in winter to get a real feel of the place :blink: Then aim to start in spring .

flat to the mat Apr 29th 2013 3:28 am

Winter is best , and Carnegie is your friend . Welcome :D

brolly2k13 Apr 29th 2013 5:43 am

the feel is one thing LMO's renewal time is another when do they ussally renew LMO in new year?

jamesmc Apr 29th 2013 1:38 pm

ok ill bite what do you mean ,usually renew LMO in new year?
LMOs are issued all year and the TWPs and last from 1yr ----4yrs max...or are you thinking off IEC visa.for young uns .

brolly2k13 Apr 29th 2013 3:43 pm

im simply asking when's a good time to find jobs for foreign workers someone who i know said LMO's are issued at the new year more thats the time when the Trucking companies have inventory count and ussally hire more new drivers is there any truth in this?

jamesmc Apr 29th 2013 3:50 pm

cant say ive heard o this ..if you need drivers you need drivers ..
dont wait to long ..check canadian immigration section and new rules coming in soon..not going to be easy anymore!
jimmy.

Smudger75 Apr 29th 2013 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 10683797)
cant say ive heard o this ..if you need drivers you need drivers ..
dont wait to long ..check canadian immigration section and new rules coming in soon..not going to be easy anymore!
jimmy.

Jimmy can you give me link to this? My nephew wants to come next year so I think he should know what he's in for!
Lee

brolly2k13 Apr 29th 2013 4:26 pm

so how does this affect all the proccess?

jamesmc Apr 29th 2013 10:19 pm

its up on the main forum....Canada...immigration ....headline is
more changes for foreign workers .by former lancastrian posted a the links.
more ao less what was on breakfast tv this morning
jimmy

jamesmc Apr 29th 2013 10:26 pm

The jist o it seems that employers will have to pay for LMOs,Companies will have to start training out o work Canadians /help them relocate, have to show they have a training program in place for unskilled and semiskilled jobs.even though young Canadians dont want tae drive a truck
jimmy

brolly2k13 Apr 30th 2013 6:35 am

when will these changes occure?