Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Question for Brits trucking in Manitoba

Question for Brits trucking in Manitoba

Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:34 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for Brits trucking in Manitoba

Is someone able to clarify the exact process for a time served Brit driver to obtain a Manitoba Class 1S licence. Pretty please

Very up to speed with the LMIA/ TWP process. just need info on getting MB Class 1S. Thanks.

Have heard from some, that no road test required......seems odd so any clarification welcome.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: Question for Brits trucking in Manitoba

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2
Is someone able to clarify the exact process for a time served Brit driver to obtain a Manitoba Class 1S licence. Pretty please

Very up to speed with the LMIA/ TWP process. just need info on getting MB Class 1S. Thanks.

Have heard from some, that no road test required......seems odd so any clarification welcome.
so the oh got offered the job at Gladstone then?
and surely they have offered to provide the training for your oh?
if you Google Manitoba class 1 test you will find the answers your looking for and why would you think anybody would give a license to drive an arctic on the road without a road test although I've seen plenty of car drivers that drive like they've never ever ever had a road test
Old Aug 26th 2014, 6:32 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grant r
so the oh got offered the job at Gladstone then?
and surely they have offered to provide the training for your oh?
if you Google Manitoba class 1 test you will find the answers your looking for and why would you think anybody would give a license to drive an arctic on the road without a road test although I've seen plenty of car drivers that drive like they've never ever ever had a road test
You're rather presumptious aint ya!
Firstly, I AM the OH!
Secondly, who said anything about a job offer? What job??
Thirdly, I know how to use Google - thank you.
Fourthly, why exactly would I think anybody would give a license to drive an artic without a road test? I wouldn't, hence my question!

Now, unless you have anything helpful and/ or constructive to add, may I politely suggest you go forth and quadruple!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2; Aug 26th 2014 at 6:35 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

You're rather presumptious aint ya!
Firstly, I AM the OH!
Secondly, who said anything about a job offer? What job??
Thirdly, I know how to use Google - thank you.
Fourthly, why exactly would I think anybody would give a license to drive an artic without a road test? I wouldn't, hence my question!

Now, unless you have anything helpful and/ or constructive to add, may I politely suggest you go forth and quadruple!
Well if you know how to use Google you would have found the answers instead of asking the question so I'm off to multiply good luck, your gonna need it!
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:40 pm
Not so new ;-)

Forgive me if I'm wrong. In fact, don't bother because I know I'm not, but isn't the purpose of a discussion forum to share experiences, give help, get help and chat about things in common? Since when did Google become a replacement for this?
Old Aug 27th 2014, 6:06 pm
Not so new ;-)

Pffft!!!

It wasnt a bump but never mind, I dont need to explain myself to power hungry mods!

Jobs worths!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pffft!!!

It wasnt a bump but never mind, I dont need to explain myself to power hungry mods!

Jobs worths!
Best read Rule 15 while you're at it.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Pffft!!!

Jobs worths!
Yes, it was. We're not stupid, it was a pretty blatant bump.

Calling mods names isn't big or clever either, if you don't like mods actually ensuring you stick to the site rules like everybody else, them nobody is forcing you to use the forum.......
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, it was. We're not stupid, it was a pretty blatant bump.

Calling mods names isn't big or clever either, if you don't like mods actually ensuring you stick to the site rules like everybody else, them nobody is forcing you to use the forum.......
Here here well said I wonder if he had that sort of attitude in his interview
Old Aug 31st 2014, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

LOL , he'll be back in Blighty by Christmas accompanied by his attitude .
Old Sep 1st 2014, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

No way, not a man with his experience and 2 yrs research behind him.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

I know Fluffy hasn't been posting at his best but I'll give this out as I think it may be of interest to others.

A driver will have to wait 2 weeks after he has done his written exam before he can take his driving test in Manitoba.

The latest newcomer to the House of Drivers found this out only when he had done his writtens. It was one of many hurdles the guy had to clamber over. But he has finally got it all done and is out on the road.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lou Skannon
I know Fluffy hasn't been posting at his best but I'll give this out as I think it may be of interest to others.

A driver will have to wait 2 weeks after he has done his written exam before he can take his driving test in Manitoba.

The latest newcomer to the House of Drivers found this out only when he had done his writtens. It was one of many hurdles the guy had to clamber over. But he has finally got it all done and is out on the road.
Are you allowed lessons on the road during the 2 wks?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

You can take lessons during those two weeks, but how long do you need to learn a test route. I think most drivers would hope to get things done within a week.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

OK as ever i always say ive been here a while now so may have changed !

If your waiting two weeks that means you surrendered your UK license for a canadian class 5 or at least it use to mean that ?
I REFUSED to surrender mine UNTIL i had my class 1 MB license, Maybe they insist now that you do ????
By holding onto my UK drivers the 14 day wait rule is waived because your NOT a Canadian driver lol, it took me 6 days to get my class 1 CDL in MB, Can anyone say if the rules have changed ????
Most pass the first time but if you don't and you haven't surrendered your UK lIcense in MB you can have at er again the next day lol
They gave me my class 6 too from the UK but you have to debate that a little too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.