Pregnant truckers wife!

Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Pregnant truckers wife!

Hi guys,
Briefly, We were planning on coming out next spring to start a trucking job in sask. House going on market straight after xmas. But, spanner in the works!! Wifeys just found out she's pregnant! (Don't look at me!!!)
Has anyone here (female, obviously!!)gone out while pregnant? If the child is born in Canada, what happens regarding citizenship?
It will be a bit of a life changing experience for everyone involved. It all comes down to how quick the house sells really, but come Hell or high water, we are coming over next year. Just wondering if anyone else has faced the same hurdle.
Russ
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pregnant truckers wife!

Can't help you but congratulations.

I think if the babe is born in Canada, he/she is a Canadian citizen but don't quote me on that I'm sure a mine of information will come along soon

Rosie
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Hi guys,
Briefly, We were planning on coming out next spring to start a trucking job in sask. House going on market straight after xmas. But, spanner in the works!! Wifeys just found out she's pregnant! (Don't look at me!!!)
Has anyone here (female, obviously!!)gone out while pregnant? If the child is born in Canada, what happens regarding citizenship?
It will be a bit of a life changing experience for everyone involved. It all comes down to how quick the house sells really, but come Hell or high water, we are coming over next year. Just wondering if anyone else has faced the same hurdle.
Russ
Sorry i had a giggle at this post,,,,but grats on the baby tho. Suggest you ask Mr Miller on the immigration forum about the citizenship Q
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Russ,
First of all Congratulations,
I was 5 days past my 40th birthday when our little boy Mason was born (no2 due early Feb) and as every father knows there's no feeling like it in the world.
Now,
I will probably be slated off the forum for this but I hope somebody with common sense will support my view:
I would seriously consider "delaying" your move to Canada at least until the baby is a few months old,you say "it will be a life changing experience" so I take that to mean it will be your/wifeys first?
Have a long talk about:
Driving long haul as a new father away for approx 10 days min at a time.(it would break my heart to do that even now the wee boy is 2 years old)
No relatives about to offer help etc to wifey while you are working as she WILL need it no matter how strong she is.
Wages will take a severe knock when baby is born and your need to be at home more.
Strange country/town/climate with a newborn.
How does the Sask health service work with you both being newcomers?

Just for the record this is NOT me trying to put somebody off going to drive long haul in Canada,I think its more important than that.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:55 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Russ,
First of all Congratulations,
I was 5 days past my 40th birthday when our little boy Mason was born (no2 due early Feb) and as every father knows there's no feeling like it in the world.
Now,
I will probably be slated off the forum for this but I hope somebody with common sense will support my view:
I would seriously consider "delaying" your move to Canada at least until the baby is a few months old,you say "it will be a life changing experience" so I take that to mean it will be your/wifeys first?
Have a long talk about:
Driving long haul as a new father away for approx 10 days min at a time.(it would break my heart to do that even now the wee boy is 2 years old)
No relatives about to offer help etc to wifey while you are working as she WILL need it no matter how strong she is.
Wages will take a severe knock when baby is born and your need to be at home more.
Strange country/town/climate with a newborn.
How does the Sask health service work with you both being newcomers?

Just for the record this is NOT me trying to put somebody off going to drive long haul in Canada,I think its more important than that.
I agree 100%, Samantha was 12 months old when we moved here and that was hard enough.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Could be difficult but obviously I don't know how many other kids you have etc etc.

I am pretty 99% sure if the baby is Born in Canada it will be a Canadian Citizen.

An item was on the news while we were there regarding S.American migrants who were told they would prob have no chance of staying in the USA and would be returned to their country of origin so they did a runner and ended up in Canada at a hostel. The Canadian authorities also were starting procceedings to send them back home but one of the women gave bitrh and I remember the TV Narrator saying this is now a problem as the child is now a Canadian Citizen.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

As much as it pains me to say this, I think big truck may be right.

The move and saying goodbye is stressful enough when you are not expecting . I can't imaging what it would be like to do it pregnant !

I was fortunate to make a good circle of friends quickly but it is still hard sometimes being on my own with 2 children.

Also your family would then get chance to see your new arrival and you wont have the stress of money and how it will be paid for over here.

Aside from this , congratulations and good luck in whatever you decide
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replys guys. I've probably not elaborated enough on our situation. If someone else had written this post I too would have grave concerns about making such a move. Our moving over there has been on the cards for at least a couple of years now. It's not something we have decided overnight. Also, we already have family in Sask, my cousin and his family to be precise. We were very close while growing up in yorkshire and they will be putting us up ( on their 160 acre property!) for a few months. This will provide the support my wife is going to need, while I sort the work aspect out. We do already have a 4 y/o son who has just started school here (too young IMO) who would be ready for kindergarten next Sept.
Either way, it will be difficult for her parents whether we have the child there, or come over after a couple of months. I don't know which is gonna be more of a wrench for them.
We have a forces background so are used to having spent small periods of time apart. (4 days after my son was born I was back on the continent).
Which ever way we go, we are absolutely dead set on getting over there next year (before the housing market collapses!).
I understand the concerns aired here, but to my mind, the sooner we get to Canada the quicker we'll settle down into our new life.
Safe trucking!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Thanks for your replys guys. I've probably not elaborated enough on our situation. If someone else had written this post I too would have grave concerns about making such a move. Our moving over there has been on the cards for at least a couple of years now. It's not something we have decided overnight. Also, we already have family in Sask, my cousin and his family to be precise. We were very close while growing up in yorkshire and they will be putting us up ( on their 160 acre property!) for a few months. This will provide the support my wife is going to need, while I sort the work aspect out. We do already have a 4 y/o son who has just started school here (too young IMO) who would be ready for kindergarten next Sept.
Either way, it will be difficult for her parents whether we have the child there, or come over after a couple of months. I don't know which is gonna be more of a wrench for them.
We have a forces background so are used to having spent small periods of time apart. (4 days after my son was born I was back on the continent).
Which ever way we go, we are absolutely dead set on getting over there next year (before the housing market collapses!).
I understand the concerns aired here, but to my mind, the sooner we get to Canada the quicker we'll settle down into our new life.
Safe trucking!
This reply kind of negates your original Q, as to the nationality of the new child, ask on the immigration forum. Good luck with the move and stuff
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

jaydog68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Russ and Nicki - just wanted to say congrats on the news Glad to see you're still looking at the move - I'm sure whenever you decide to go it will work out just fine - catch up with you soon
Jayne and Neil
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaydog68
Hi Russ and Nicki - just wanted to say congrats on the news Glad to see you're still looking at the move - I'm sure whenever you decide to go it will work out just fine - catch up with you soon
Jayne and Neil
Thanks alot Jayne & Neil. Are you still going? Would be great to see you over there. Speak to you soon.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

jaydog68 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep - still goin and still waiting for the illusive house sale!!!not gonna sell this side of xmas now so have to wait and see what the new year brings. we do have an interested party now thank god - but unfortunately they have a house to sell! Keep ya posted - good luck with all - speak to ya soon
Jayne