POI's for GPS

Old May 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default POI's for GPS

This might be a good place to swap any POI's we might have for our GPS. I have:
Low Clearances (saved me a couple of times)
Truck stops (general)
Flying J truck stops
Petro truck stops
Pilot truck stops
Loves truck stops
TA truck stops
Walmarts (good for stocking up the truck and cheap goodies in the US)
Tim Hortons (the essential one)
Rest areas
There are programmes that will convert the files to suit your gps eg; CVS files (garmin) to OV2 files (tomtom) and vice-versa.
I'm no expert by any means but if you need help, i know a little bit.

If you want any of these, or if you have any you think i might like/need then just drop me a line.

Last edited by andy_sheila; May 18th 2008 at 11:56 pm. Reason: added rest areas
Old May 18th 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: POI's for GPS

Funny, just downloaded all the Wetherspoons Pubs to my Navman, you guy's in Canada dont need them
Old May 20th 2008, 2:43 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
This might be a good place to swap any POI's we might have for our GPS. I have:
Low Clearances (saved me a couple of times)
Truck stops (general)
Flying J truck stops
Petro truck stops
Pilot truck stops
Loves truck stops
TA truck stops
Walmarts (good for stocking up the truck and cheap goodies in the US)
Tim Hortons (the essential one)
Rest areas
There are programmes that will convert the files to suit your gps eg; CVS files (garmin) to OV2 files (tomtom) and vice-versa.
I'm no expert by any means but if you need help, i know a little bit.

If you want any of these, or if you have any you think i might like/need then just drop me a line.
You can keep the Tim Hortons one mate
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:53 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
You can keep the Tim Hortons one mate
and you can get a good coffee where in the states? 14 months of driving and i didn't find one.... Starbucks is ok but you don't find many that are accessible to trucks.
btw, good website...if i haven't already said