PNP Form IMM 5562

Old Jul 5th 2013, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PNP Form IMM 5562

Hi everyone,

We are now at the stage of completing forms for our PNP after receiving out AINP Nominee certificate yesterday.

All done except for form IMM 5562 which is Supplementary Information: Your Travels.

They want to know all the times he has traveled outside his country of origin or residence. Pleasure & business.

As my husband is a truck driver he has traveled all over Europe and USA for his job.

Just wondered if any truck driver has already completed the form and how much information they included. I can track all the time he has traveled for work in the US as in Canada he runs from the log books, however for the time spent traveling in Europe we don't have a lot of details. We have got to go back to 2003!

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2013, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Form IMM 5562

Blimey, what an impossible task for a long haul trucker. Have you asked VRV for any guidance? I've got another number you can ring if they don't help.

With the open borders in the EU, how on earth can they check up anyway?

I know Ian Cooper has done his, have you asked him?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Blimey, what an impossible task for a long haul trucker. Have you asked VRV for any guidance? I've got another number you can ring if they don't help.

With the open borders in the EU, how on earth can they check up anyway?

I know Ian Cooper has done his, have you asked him?

Hi Alan, yes seems abit OTT.. can't really ask VRV as not using them, doing ourselves so might be abit cheeky

Spoke with Ian & he only put pleasure not business, so not sure which way to go really..

hows things with you guys?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

We're good. Watt really nice to work for. Easy going, great home time. Will have to do my English test soon, I know it's booked up way in advance.

Will stay at Watt till at least PR. I just don't fit in with the likes of H&R. I really find all the macro, restricted fuel cards & hapless planning intolerable. Plus I am rather vocal.... Whitehorse attracts me as I'd love to do it, but it would be a big step back PR wise to do it now. I'd never stay there 2 years & they wouldn't want me there either!

There is a friendly immigration agent I have consulted from time to time, I'll PM you his number if you need it?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alandoug

There is a friendly immigration agent I have consulted from time to time, I'll PM you his number if you need it?

That might be helpful, thanks Alan.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red1974
Hi Alan, yes seems abit OTT.. can't really ask VRV as not using them, doing ourselves so might be abit cheeky

Spoke with Ian & he only put pleasure not business, so not sure which way to go really..

hows things with you guys?
Hi, I recently filled out my pr application and like the post above, I just put in holiday trips abroad and so far it hasn't been questioned.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

We are now at the stage of completing forms for our PNP after receiving out AINP Nominee certificate yesterday.

All done except for form IMM 5562 which is Supplementary Information: Your Travels.

They want to know all the times he has traveled outside his country of origin or residence. Pleasure & business.

As my husband is a truck driver he has traveled all over Europe and USA for his job.

Just wondered if any truck driver has already completed the form and how much information they included. I can track all the time he has traveled for work in the US as in Canada he runs from the log books, however for the time spent traveling in Europe we don't have a lot of details. We have got to go back to 2003!

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,Im a truck driver who applied for the MB PNP ,i dont think its matters if your husband is working long haul in USA so long as it was for a Canadian company ,they dont count that time as being out the country ,its same as if you apply for citizenship,the euro work i wouldnt worry too much about it ,just make an ball park estimate and explain he worked for UK company driving in europe,is it Manitoba PNP?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Hi,Im a truck driver who applied for the MB PNP ,i dont think its matters if your husband is working long haul in USA so long as it was for a Canadian company ,they dont count that time as being out the country ,its same as if you apply for citizenship,the euro work i wouldnt worry too much about it ,just make an ball park estimate and explain he worked for UK company driving in europe,is it Manitoba PNP?
Hi Neil,

I spoke with CIC who advised to put down as much information as possible. Including work trips. As a long haul truck driver hired by a Canadian company, part of the criteria is you have European driving experience so she stated they would then expect some entries for the trips. I explained i was not able to give exact but only approx length of time, and she said put a covering letter in also to explain why only approx.

Some guys who have put down holiday trips only have got through ok, but she said that may have been down to the individual case officer be okay with it, so to be honest its the luck of the draw.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Neil,

I spoke with CIC who advised to put down as much information as possible. Including work trips. As a long haul truck driver hired by a Canadian company, part of the criteria is you have European driving experience so she stated they would then expect some entries for the trips. I explained i was not able to give exact but only approx length of time, and she said put a covering letter in also to explain why only approx.

Some guys who have put down holiday trips only have got through ok, but she said that may have been down to the individual case officer be okay with it, so to be honest its the luck of the draw.
Hi Red ,sounds like you got a bit of a jobsworth,i just put in reference letters from the companies i worked ,no-one asked me if i did euro,it shouldnt be a problem if your husband is over here now and working you should get it,they are desperate for immigrants to stay in MB
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:37 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Correction: The time working for a Canadian company outside Canada counts for maintaining your PR status. It DOESN"T count towards citizenship.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Correction: The time working for a Canadian company outside Canada counts for maintaining your PR status. It DOESN"T count towards citizenship.
I think long haul truck driving is different ,i maybe wrong but you are still residing in Canada you still have a home ,why would they give me the residency then change the goalposts on the citizenship?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 5:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think long haul truck driving is different ,i maybe wrong but you are still residing in Canada you still have a home ,why would they give me the residency then change the goalposts on the citizenship?

Never changed the goalposts. From the citizenship act.

Sub-section 5(1.1) was proclaimed in 1988. It treats residence for an applicant, as described in

Section 5(1.1) applies only where the Canadian citizen spouse is working with the public service of Canada or a province or for the Canadian armed forces.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Never changed the goalposts. From the citizenship act.

Sub-section 5(1.1) was proclaimed in 1988. It treats residence for an applicant, as described in

Section 5(1.1) applies only where the Canadian citizen spouse is working with the public service of Canada or a province or for the Canadian armed forces.
Ok mr knowitall,im a long haul truck driver i have been since i came to canada i have a home in canada since i came, i have my PR after 2yrs in canada,I work for a canadian company i drive to the USA constantly,im home only 6 days a month,every month since i arrived,how long would it take for me to be eligble for citizenship?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:32 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Ok mr knowitall,im a long haul truck driver i have been since i came to canada i have a home in canada since i came, i have my PR after 2yrs in canada,I work for a canadian company i drive to the USA constantly,im home only 6 days a month,every month since i arrived,how long would it take for me to be eligble for citizenship?
You should know that "mr knowitall" as you disparagingly call him is in fact one of the most knowledgeable posters on the site as regards immigration matters. Pay attention to what he says. He knows his onions ! No need to be snarky !
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
You should know that "mr knowitall" as you disparagingly call him is in fact one of the most knowledgeable posters on the site as regards immigration matters. Pay attention to what he says. He knows his onions ! No need to be snarky !
But Simon ,you must admit it will be interesting to see his answer ,yes or no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.