PNP to end for truckers?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default PNP to end for truckers?

There is a "slight" rumour doing the rounds on some of the UK trucking websites that the PNP is set to end for truckers next year?
Now weither its one province or all of them I don't know but maybe truck driving will be "recognised" as a needed skill and you can apply for PR direct with CIC?
Or maybe its been such a disaster with so many returning home with bad experiences the whole "experiment" is being binned?
Anybody heard anything to confirm or deny?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PNP to end for truckers?

Where did this info come from dude as I have heard nothing and going out on a RECCE in Sep and the companies know nothing of this.

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:25 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

only read somewhere that Ontario had 500 pnp programs up and running for skilled worker starting from may 1st.that was also for truckers its all Ive heard Im always checking out stuff for truckers
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Seems rather strange.

I have sent an email to the province we are interested in going to but not had a reply as of yet will let you know the out come.

Hopefully Big Truck will also reply as to where he heard it.

Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:21 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

first I heard of that as well may be he has got mixed up with the thread truckers wages? I dont know ?.but as far as I read Ontario was doing a trial thingy to see how things go but thats only what I heard or read as I have been looking into all sorts and heard all sorts so cant pin point where I got the info could be the internet.lets hope he does come back and let us know where he heard it I will check in tomorrow to see
kate
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Seems rather strange.

I have sent an email to the province we are interested in going to but not had a reply as of yet will let you know the out come.

Hopefully Big Truck will also reply as to where he heard it.

Davie,
I replied to your post over at "onlinetruckers" and just for anybody else I read the "rumour" on the ex-pats forum at www.truckersworld.co.uk

I would like to think that the likely senario is that "long haul" trucking is going to become a skill and you will be able to apply for PR direct with CIC,but will this mean you would be likely to be waiting for clearance to head to Canada ALOT longer than the PNP route?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:50 am
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Davie,
I replied to your post over at "onlinetruckers" and just for anybody else I read the "rumour" on the ex-pats forum at www.truckersworld.co.uk

I would like to think that the likely senario is that "long haul" trucking is going to become a skill and you will be able to apply for PR direct with CIC,but will this mean you would be likely to be waiting for clearance to head to Canada ALOT longer than the PNP route?

in some provences it is a skill look under skilled workers I would have to go back and look it up.Im pritty sure its in the goverment website but will check it out when I have time
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Big Truck are you trying give some of us " old"buggers a heart attack i fly out on the 31 July to start work driving for Westcan in BC. And then you come as a prophet of doom give me mouth to mouth some one. Not you Big Truck
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:04 am
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Jesus Big Truck are you trying give some of us " old"buggers a heart attack i fly out on the 31 July to start work driving for Westcan in BC. And then you come as a prophet of doom give me mouth to mouth some one. Not you Big Truck

I would check things out more Im pritty sure you will be finewe were going to canada under the skilled workers program thingy James knows more about it than me.but its on a website that truckers do come under skilled workers and what you need is a job to get you started so good luck
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

truckers do come under skilled workers Ive done my homework and checked all the websites. BC has not yet a PNP for truckers but are on the verge of starting one, hopfully before my 2 yr WP runs out My reply to Big Truck was more tounge in cheeck than any thing else
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:07 am
Lloydminster AB

always best to check things out for yourselfI learned the hard wayfound that truckers were classed as skilled workers before the immigration company we were with did and they refused to check it out at first:curse:keep checking
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kate white
always best to check things out for yourselfI learned the hard wayfound that truckers were classed as skilled workers before the immigration company we were with did and they refused to check it out at first:curse:keep checking
All jobs in Canada have a skill level in the NOC. To apply as a skilled worker you require at least one year continuous work with a skill level of A&B or O. Truck drivers has a skill level of C, so doesn't count as skilled work in a skilled work application. See: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/matrix.pdf group 74
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:39 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

give me mouth to mouth some one. Not you Big Truck - will this do l
Attached Thumbnails PNP to end for truckers?-mouth2mouth.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Reply below recieved from a well known firm in Sask:

It is a rumor, the PNP program is NOT ending. It has been running since 2004 and has been very successful. It will continue for a long time I'm sure.

Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:01 pm
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

All jobs in Canada have a skill level in the NOC. To apply as a skilled worker you require at least one year continuous work with a skill level of A&B or O. Truck drivers has a skill level of C, so doesn't count as skilled work in a skilled work application. See: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/matrix.pdf group 74

OH has AZ licence 9 years driving exp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.