Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

ok, so where do i start ???

ok, so where do i start ???

Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

At least Mick as actually worked and lived in Canada so that still qualifies him to have an opinion on the subject .

BT however as spent the last 4 years berating guys that want to better themselves and start a new life , Opinions based on hearsay and rumours , Never actually been over here or done the job but seems to know everything about it. There's an hint of jealousy and resentment in his posts , But the fact remains he knows he couldn't hack the miles /nights away needed to get PR .

And now the ones that came over and just got on with the job are now reaping the rewards .

So now he is going to tell us all what a wonderful life he as in NI and how rich he his. Yet his mate who as just sold all his trucks , now wants to make the move , I wonder why ? Perhaps he is fed up with the grey skies and persistent rain or the 20% vat , the rising fuel /energy costs and lack of decent jobs to pay for the all the government cuts and tax increases .

So so glad I didn't listen to you 4 years ago BT
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on post kb33,reckon most people who frequent this site realise what a tool the bloke is,Mf did give it a go as we are all too aware,but he well knows that failing to prepare results in preparing to fail.
No regrets
Old Mar 19th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

You guys really do have sad lives!!!!!!

I have not posted anything in months, maybe even a YEAR OR MORE about trucking in Canada and if any of you dicks would care to admit MOST of what I spouted has turned out to be TRUE.
IE:

How great did it all turn out with the guys who went to start a new life in PEI, ARE ANY STILL THERE?!!!!
How many of you are still with the same employer who promised you the world in Canada?!!!!!
The "usual suspects" trucking company wise ARE STILL ALLOWED by the Canadian goverment to ruin the lives of the "rose tinted" glasses brigade by telling lie after lie!!!!

Yes I do have a good life in NI:
Work 12days/month MAX
£45k/year
20% Vat WEE BUNS!!!!
Sure you guys pay PLENTY of taxes in Canada too!!!!
NO NIGHTS IN A TINBOX with the TRI-PAC on the blink AGAIN waiting FOR FREE on a load!!!!

Gremmie,
wake up you sad excuse for a LITTLE man, IT IS YOU with your constant "slabbering" to other posters who has ruined here, BTA and now the ex-pats on Trucknet.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

So nice to see BT's teddy's been thrown out of his pram

He can give the criticism but certainly cant take it

Cant even get his facts right about himself never mind someone 4000 miles away . If you had bothered to look at your user profile you can see all your past posts , At least a couple a month ! Not bad for someone who as no intention of making the move

Yet again we hear what a good life he as in NI , But as we all know wealth is not just measured in monetary terms and with his past record of being the biggest spin doctor on this forum who knows what he really does or earns.
No credibility what's so ever and more importantly no proof
I already posted I could work 4/4 and earn $65k which is about the same as he's bragging about, Yet I can do it with the Rocky Mountains as my back drop to everyday life ,
I really hope you will leave us alone now BT and just let us get on with our vastly improved standard of living and let the ones that have the T-Shirt give out the advice

ps :

None of what you posted about Westcan 4 years ago turned out to be true
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Are the Rocky Mountains the be all and end all of life and nobody else is allowed to claim they work in a part of the UK that is pretty scenic too?!!!!!!

Be honest and admit that 4on/4off is pretty rare when it comes to long haul trucking in Canada!!!

Would like to see the true hours you WORK for your $65k over a year compared to mine for £45k!!!

VERY FEW of my posts over the last year have been about Canadian trucking if you care to look, the "Mad Gnome" has ruined it just like BTA!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Mar 20th 2011 at 10:47 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Are the Rocky Mountains the be all and end all of life and nobody else is allowed to claim they work in a part of the UK that is pretty scenic too?!!!!!!

Be honest and admit that 4on/4off is pretty rare when it comes to long haul trucking in Canada!!!

Would like to see the true hours you WORK for your $65k over a year compared to mine for £45k!!!

VERY FEW of my posts over the last year have been about Canadian trucking if you care to look, the "Mad Gnome" has ruined it just like BTA!!
If I post about H&R in six yrs in reply to a question, I would be accused of flooding the forums with moans LOL.
Yes, Gremmie has done his best to fook up more than one forum, beats me why he bothers doing it, must be an inferiority complex.
BTW:
Just been sent some interesting info about a company that charges $75CAD an hour demurage after 2 hrs of waiting, and does not pass any of that on to the waiting driver (they have to wait 12 hrs)!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

You guys really do have sad lives!!!!!!

I have not posted anything in months, maybe even a YEAR OR MORE about trucking in Canada and if any of you dicks would care to admit MOST of what I spouted has turned out to be TRUE.
IE:

How great did it all turn out with the guys who went to start a new life in PEI, ARE ANY STILL THERE?!!!!
How many of you are still with the same employer who promised you the world in Canada?!!!!!
The "usual suspects" trucking company wise ARE STILL ALLOWED by the Canadian goverment to ruin the lives of the "rose tinted" glasses brigade by telling lie after lie!!!!

Work 12days/month MAX
£45k/year
20% Vat WEE BUNS!!!!
NO NIGHTS IN A TINBOX with the TRI-PAC on the blink AGAIN waiting FOR FREE on a load!!!!

Gremmie,
wake up you sad excuse for a LITTLE man, IT IS YOU with your constant "slabbering" to other posters who has ruined here, BTA and now the ex-pats on Trucknet.
Well Loafy and a few others are still there and are really happy,,, so bang goes yet another BT BS theory
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

You guys really do have sad lives!!!

IE:

Work 12days/month MAX
£45k/year
20% Vat WEE BUNS!!!!

Gremmie,
I am fully awake thanks, more miss information from BT yet again, Tnet not my doing and the only posters i " slabbering" what ever that means is you and MFly..
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Well Loafy and a few others are still there and are really happy,,, so bang goes yet another BT BS theory
The blind leading the blind!!!!

Loafy has said MORE THAN ONCE on here that in hindsight maybe somewhere other than PEI would have been better, especially when looking for WORK!!! Were is Davie Mac now?!!!!!!!

Go and look at your last TWENTY odd posts on BTA you obnoxious twit!!!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
or the 20% vat , the rising fuel /energy costs and lack of decent jobs to pay for the all the government cuts and tax increases .
Just to let all you UK doomsday merchants know:

There was a survey carried out on the BBC news today and the cost of living in the UK over the last two years for an average family of husband/wife and two kids has gone up by a MASSIVE 1.1%, its just terrible news altogether!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickfly
If I post about H&R in six yrs in reply to a question, I would be accused of flooding the forums with moans LOL.
Yes, Gremmie has done his best to fook up more than one forum, beats me why he bothers doing it, must be an inferiority complex.
BTW:
Just been sent some interesting info about a company that charges $75CAD an hour demurage after 2 hrs of waiting, and does not pass any of that on to the waiting driver (they have to wait 12 hrs)!
Usually its charged after 3 hours and very rarley ever gets paid Most drivers get paid picks & drops, incorporated in these payments is 3 hours waiting, after that the driver gets an hourly payment. This is the practice of most companies or variations on that theme. Your remarks are aimed just at H&R as usual. and its wearing just a bit thin that that is all you can talk about.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Usually its charged after 3 hours and very rarley ever gets paid Most drivers get paid picks & drops, incorporated in these payments is 3 hours waiting, after that the driver gets an hourly payment. This is the practice of most companies or variations on that theme. Your remarks are aimed just at H&R as usual. and its wearing just a bit thin that that is all you can talk about.
"Most drivers get paid picks & drops, incorporated in these payments is 3 hours waiting, after that the driver gets an hourly payment"

H&R pay for loading, but, hourly pay after 3 hrs?????

Tell it to the drivers waiting THREE DAYS for a re-load down south and getting paid a big fat ZERO... (suck it up boys).

What would one of your drivers expect to get for the previous scenario?(genuine question).

BTW: The info I had was NOT about H&R, i've no idea if they charge demurage or not!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Listen BT .. I'm not getting into a " My brother can pi$$ further than your brother contest " as I think its all a bit childish.

But my 4/4 was usually a 50-55 hour shift , I always made sure I finished around dinner time on the 4th day which meant 4 1/2 days off

I could go back there and do the same , But I have a shift pattern better than that i.e. Mon to Fri every weekend off and an 8km commute (round trip !!)

For me the Mountains play a big part , Its uplifting to see them on a clear morning from my bedroom window I've been everywhere in the UK and a lot of Europe and believe me nothing compares.

Also when someone starts throwing personal insults around its a sign of weakness in their argument and smacks of desperation on your part , We all know you would love to live and work out here but it would have to be on your terms and that ain't gonna happen is it ?
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Listen BT .. I'm not getting into a " My brother can pi$$ further than your brother contest " as I think its all a bit childish.

But my 4/4 was usually a 50-55 hour shift , I always made sure I finished around dinner time on the 4th day which meant 4 1/2 days off

I could go back there and do the same , But I have a shift pattern better than that i.e. Mon to Fri every weekend off and an 8km commute (round trip !!)

For me the Mountains play a big part , Its uplifting to see them on a clear morning from my bedroom window I've been everywhere in the UK and a lot of Europe and believe me nothing compares.

Also when someone starts throwing personal insults around its a sign of weakness in their argument and smacks of desperation on your part , We all know you would love to live and work out here but it would have to be on your terms and that ain't gonna happen is it ?
KB33,I worked the 4/4 for 3 years hauling cryogenics out of Regina,best shift pattern going.I too tried to plan for an earlyish finish but if that didn't happen,oh well still four days at home.Was like working part time but with brilliant money until I got laid off in Jan 2010 .One door closes etc
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickfly
"Most drivers get paid picks & drops, incorporated in these payments is 3 hours waiting, after that the driver gets an hourly payment"

H&R pay for loading, but, hourly pay after 3 hrs?????

Tell it to the drivers waiting THREE DAYS for a re-load down south and getting paid a big fat ZERO... (suck it up boys).

What would one of your drivers expect to get for the previous scenario?(genuine question).BTW: The info I had was NOT about H&R, i've no idea if they charge demurage or not!
Scenario 1, Driver is sent to shipper and has to wait 6 hours as load not ready.
Driver receives $30 for pick which inclueds 3 hours, there after 3 hours at I think it is $10 per hour So total $60
Scenario 2, No reload for driver and he has to wait 3 days (Shoot the dispatcher) We book then into an'otel and pay I think $50 or $60 a day. The only time some thing like this happened was because we were 10 mins late for a delivery on a friday and the receiver said we can now wait until Monday, with a load of frozen from Cali to BC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.