Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Cant believe this thread is still here

But all this ranting and raving ain't doing anyone any favours, By all means voice your concerns but not in this manner
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

TrainingWheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

It just isn't cricket.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I just managed to get hold of an old pal, who happend to work for hoffmans until recently, he left only coz the hours in November December dropped of and he wanted a change.. his story is not quite the same as is portraid here To his knowledge in the past 12months only 3 brits have gone back, and this was due to their families not liking Canda not coz they got screwd. As to the guy being sacked as mentioned in the above quote, i think some immportant info has been omited. The story i heard went as follows.. Chummy arrived with a 1 year work permit, he applied late after approx 8months for his PNP/PR although many had advised apply asap, he new better,,all his paperwork went to Buffelo and he waited,, the months went by to the point where his original WP expired, and again instead if continuing to work as advised he went to the border with an Invalid LMO demanding a new WP,, which the guys at the border dissmissed,, so now he has no WP but can enter Canada only as a tourist.. Hoffmans cant employ tourists, they told him to sit tight and not go to the border but he new better..
So what is the truth about Hoffmans, some shout and cuss about them others are happy. me i think its a bit of a 50-50 situation
You must of got this info 4th hand as i know the guy personally he kept asking for the paperwork at 5months and was told by ankles (weasel we used to call him) will do it tomorrow this kept going on for awhile and he wasn`t told to stay put neither.
there was another guy who managed to get his son on the lmo so ankles told him to go to the border and get him a work permit when he arrived he didn`t get one cause he had no class 1 another ankles cock up.

As for Gerry i totally agree he as not fired a brit but he get`s his sidekick`s to do it for him.
The info you got was from one of ankles friends(christ as he got one) who passed it on to someone else.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Gerald Macnab is an unknown quantity at this point

To the few things that have been brought up;
The person that left in January was because his house deal in the UK fell through. We are keeping his LMO open b/c he seems like he is a good guy who wants to work with us.
The person who lost his WP is due to his fault of going to the border. He was advised from more than one person not to go, but he did anyhow. We normally do not suggest going to the border to get a new WP.
The person that we did recommend going to the border was a crap-shoot effort to hurry up his WP, because we were waiting so long. It didn't work and I am reimbursing the cost of fuel to this fellow.
Eugene is not my bouncer. He is a Human Resource Manager. My door is always open to any employees. If I am not there one day, I am usually back at my desk by the next morning.
To the family with a special needs child; I advised you to speak with the people that run the center for the handicapped. I am not an expert on the ins and outs of care costs, and I never made claim that I was. There must be some onus on you to do your homework about the care of your children. Your husband was trained for nearly 3 months; and I thought he left on good terms - we even shook hands; and I wished him the best. I also offered him a job back here if it didn't work out. I am very confused as to why you are saying so many offensive things about myself, my employees and this company. Again, if you communicated with us to our faces we may have been able to resolve this before it became a public defamatory debate.
To the person who has made claim that the wages were not as promised; Truck Drivers were paid $20.00 to train; $22.55 to drive alone (now it is $23.00) and there was a yearly guarantee of $60,000. We met and exceeded those requirements according to your paycheques.
I don't know what else to say. We have definitely learned alot from trying to recruit foreign workers. We have made mistakes along the way; but they were honest mistakes and we did our best to make sure we improved each time a new person came over.
As I said in my original post, I cannot defend myself against people with no faces. I am at my desk every morning at the office; or I am a phone call away.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:31 am
Just Joined

steph iain is an unknown quantity at this point

Daz and jac i'm sorry but how do you know about me not being able to get my WP? Seeing that i have never meet you before! Like Gerry said it was a "crap-shoot" as i needed my WP asap! Now Hoffman is doing everything they can to help me get my class 1, so that i can stay in Canada.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:24 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

My observations, FWIW;

Gerald, I admire you for coming on here and explaining your side of the issue. Too often companies remain silent and I don't feel it helps them while some others are giving them a one-sided slating.

In general, the disadvantages of a DF are that people get brave, emotional and/or frustrated behind a keyboard. A prime example is when someone shakes your hand as they leave then goes home and slags you off via keyboard.

It's difficult to accept some of these claims of wrongdoing, primarily because of the abuse that is interspersed in most of the post. If that poster was the same at work I'd also be glad to see the back of him and offer little by way of assistance.

$60,000?? There plenty of other truck drivers who don't earn that much but have made a success of emigrating, perhaps by intelligent and informed advance planning, not to mention financial restraint in the early days.

Me personally, I wouldn't want to work for Hoffmans. The nature of the work wouldn't suit me, the location doesn't suit Mrs Tandy but having said that, never say never.

We do need to hear the truth about companies and emigrating but it needs to be factual, truthful, both positive & negatives, and delivered in a reasonable and measured manner to be of any value. This post has failed on more than one of those criteria.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gerald Macnab
We have definitely learned alot from trying to recruit foreign workers.

I hope you havent been put off recruiting foreign workers.
This is my biggest fear, that one or two people wreck it for the rest of us hopefull's.
Ive already seen it happen on here regarding PEI, now were into Alberta....were next

And all due respect to the people who have posted who worked for Hoffman's, as i dont know them, but there is always two sides to a story.
Giving a one sided rant about how 'bad' things were/are, isnt going to help anyone.

Good response Gerald Macnab.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:39 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
You obviously have an ANKEL fetish thats a new one on me.. Will have to call in an expert ,,, Boots where are you
He's asleep in his hammock
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:07 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gerald Macnab
To the few things that have been brought up;
The person that left in January was because his house deal in the UK fell through. We are keeping his LMO open b/c he seems like he is a good guy who wants to work with us.
The person who lost his WP is due to his fault of going to the border. He was advised from more than one person not to go, but he did anyhow. We normally do not suggest going to the border to get a new WP.
The person that we did recommend going to the border was a crap-shoot effort to hurry up his WP, because we were waiting so long. It didn't work and I am reimbursing the cost of fuel to this fellow.
Eugene is not my bouncer. He is a Human Resource Manager. My door is always open to any employees. If I am not there one day, I am usually back at my desk by the next morning.
To the family with a special needs child; I advised you to speak with the people that run the center for the handicapped. I am not an expert on the ins and outs of care costs, and I never made claim that I was. There must be some onus on you to do your homework about the care of your children. Your husband was trained for nearly 3 months; and I thought he left on good terms - we even shook hands; and I wished him the best. I also offered him a job back here if it didn't work out. I am very confused as to why you are saying so many offensive things about myself, my employees and this company. Again, if you communicated with us to our faces we may have been able to resolve this before it became a public defamatory debate.
To the person who has made claim that the wages were not as promised; Truck Drivers were paid $20.00 to train; $22.55 to drive alone (now it is $23.00) and there was a yearly guarantee of $60,000. We met and exceeded those requirements according to your paycheques.
I don't know what else to say. We have definitely learned alot from trying to recruit foreign workers. We have made mistakes along the way; but they were honest mistakes and we did our best to make sure we improved each time a new person came over.
As I said in my original post, I cannot defend myself against people with no faces. I am at my desk every morning at the office; or I am a phone call away.
this I will say for the last time, its the fact not all information about the job was given at any of the interviews, my OH was not even a week or two in the job and your company wanted him out driving doing jobs he was not trained for The only reason he got the training he had was because he stuck his heels in and refused to do jobs he was not fully trained for. yeah my OH left on good terms thats the way he is. BUT what did he also say to you when he left about being lied to? I see you never added that part in. I never claimed that my OH had anything to do with me posting (MY) opinion about your company what I posted is what I have seen and heard for myself. My OH is busy trying to keep a roof over our heads to be posting anything AND what I also said was if we Knew the full facts about R&J Hoffman's we would never be here in the first place 0 was said about working with H2 gas or other jobs that health and safty was out the window. If the full information was given then most of these people would have decided by them selves either to still come and work for R&J Hoffman's and I can tell you now Most would not have come and others would have and we would have been one of the ones who would have said no thank you BUT like most we were blinded with the lies. you say people are more than welcome to come see you, well you are more than welcome to come and see me, come talk to one of the wives who have sufferd through all this and you explain a few things to me As I have said to people who know me This is the last time I post on here as I have said all I have to say about Hoffman's
kate
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi CurtNIR,
Whats with the PEI part, i have not read all the thread so just enlighten me on it. Thanks,
LOAFY...

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
I hope you havent been put off recruiting foreign workers.
This is my biggest fear, that one or two people wreck it for the rest of us hopefull's.
Ive already seen it happen on here regarding PEI, now were into Alberta....were next

And all due respect to the people who have posted who worked for Hoffman's, as i dont know them, but there is always two sides to a story.
Giving a one sided rant about how 'bad' things were/are, isnt going to help anyone.

Good response Gerald Macnab.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I spent nearly an hour on the phone this morning talking to the guy that did indeed get saked from hoffmans, ( see my earlier posts) and i do hope he comes on here to clarify matters.. Surfice to say, mistakes were made by both parties, regarding immigration,,, So a word to the wise, dont rely on a company to know all the ins and outs, do your own research so that you know what is required of you,,
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi CurtNIR,
Whats with the PEI part, i have not read all the thread so just enlighten me on it. Thanks,
LOAFY...
Think he means Seafood Express
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:03 am
Just Joined

marg-den is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all it is me the man who went to the border

i can confirm that yes i have spoke with gremmie on the phone and i have spoken to him in great detail about what happened he knows the truth or my side of what happened at least.

i will be posting the correct details of what happened to me good and bad in the near furure i am working on it as i type so to speak.

this is my first post so go easy on me please if anyone has any questions feel free to private message to me p.s ignore the spelling mistakes when i make any i am a trucker not a writer thanks

p.s any body know how long or how many letters / words you can type here before you run out of room on the typing page as the post is going to be quite long
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:08 am
Just Joined

marg-den is an unknown quantity at this point

just noticed that its not my first post as i have posted on here back in 2007 but still i will be a little rusty so to speak
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:22 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marg-den
p.s any body know how long or how many letters / words you can type here before you run out of room on the typing page as the post is going to be quite long
The post can be long, very long in fact!!

If you are composing a post, especially a long one, I find it useful to prepare it in a word processing program such as MS Word. That way you get a better view of your message (than the message reply window on here) and also any spelling errors will be highlighted, prior to posting.

Looking forward to your account of things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.