Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Oh No – The Coppers have my Shunter !

Old Dec 12th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Oh No – The Coppers have my Shunter !

Last night (Midnight to 4am) was doing New Iveco LGV deliveries, only a short haul, from Teesport Docks into Billingham, however I had 16 units to move.

Best thing was to get a driver to drive my own car and (Shunt) me back to get the next one.

So, offered a good rate of Cash In Hand to a 20-yr old and off we went to collect my 1st one.

I gave instructions to park the car outside Teesport Docks, I will go inside the docks and get my 1st LGV Truck. Will be a new vehicle and will flash my lights at you and you stick behind me like Chewing Gum so you do not get lost.

Proceeded to get my vehicle, drove through the check point and Bingo, No Car nor Driver.

So, thought OK, he went on ahead.

Arrived Billingham – No Car nor Driver.

And

I have no contact number for him, as my son arranged for the driver, so I had to call him, remember this is 1am at night.

Trying to wake my son up is like trying to get the dead out of the morgue, after 20 attempts I woke him, he said, YES I know he just called, he is calling you now.

Within seconds the phone went, I started screaming at what I thought was him, well I was wrong, a voice came on and said:

: Calm down, this is Middlesbrough Police, we have your driver:

The Copper asked what he is doing and I explained that all he has to do is follow me and take me back to Teesport.

The Coppers said:

He was following an artic with a valuable load in a container and that driver noticed this car (Stuck to is Rear end) for 20 miles up the A19, thinking it was a raid or other issues they called us.:curse:

After 2 hours of questioning we finally got to deliver my 1st unit into Billingham……

Well, I have 15 more to do tonight, this time I have found a more mature driver…….
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Oh No – The Coppers have my Shunter !

oops
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigwheels241

Last night (Midnight to 4am) was doing New Iveco LGV deliveries, only a short haul, from Teesport Docks into Billingham, however I had 16 units to move.

Best thing was to get a driver to drive my own car and (Shunt) me back to get the next one.

So, offered a good rate of Cash In Hand to a 20-yr old and off we went to collect my 1st one.

I gave instructions to park the car outside Teesport Docks, I will go inside the docks and get my 1st LGV Truck. Will be a new vehicle and will flash my lights at you and you stick behind me like Chewing Gum so you do not get lost.

Proceeded to get my vehicle, drove through the check point and Bingo, No Car nor Driver.

So, thought OK, he went on ahead.

Arrived Billingham – No Car nor Driver.

And

I have no contact number for him, as my son arranged for the driver, so I had to call him, remember this is 1am at night.

Trying to wake my son up is like trying to get the dead out of the morgue, after 20 attempts I woke him, he said, YES I know he just called, he is calling you now.

Within seconds the phone went, I started screaming at what I thought was him, well I was wrong, a voice came on and said:

: Calm down, this is Middlesbrough Police, we have your driver:

The Copper asked what he is doing and I explained that all he has to do is follow me and take me back to Teesport.

The Coppers said:

He was following an artic with a valuable load in a container and that driver noticed this car (Stuck to is Rear end) for 20 miles up the A19, thinking it was a raid or other issues they called us.:curse:

After 2 hours of questioning we finally got to deliver my 1st unit into Billingham……

Well, I have 15 more to do tonight, this time I have found a more mature driver…….
CLASSIC.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but i saw the funny side of this
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:57 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

OMG.......
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Sorry but i saw the funny side of this
Funny looking back Yes, but remember it was early hours, New Truck, little fuel so had to conserve fuel by shutting it down in a temp below 0

Anyway, the positive came out of this is I have now Completed all the shunts

Yippppeeeee

Now today the office called and gave me another 26 units to move

Just when I thought it was all over