Now undecided

Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:44 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Now undecided

Originally Posted by HilsandDen
Pete D! I'm loking for companies interview with Bison 21st Oct. Who are H & R though? Please tell what you thought of them above everyone else?
If you do a search on here you'll find loads about H&R transport, good and bad.
Also if you google them you'll find there web site easy enough
i've got an interview in northants in november with them.
just keeping my options open at the moment.
how'd your interview go with bison?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

HilsandDen is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview 21st October in London, however looking at different thread noticed comment about $8000 fee!!!!

Gremmie made comment about it not being so nice! Spoke with him and $8000 id for imigration company they employ.

I've spent hours and hours reading books, researching net etc and feel happy enough to apply for jobs/work permit/temp accom etc etc with out paying $8000.

Have friends who have paid english company £4000, they promised would find him job, but all they have done is his cv (not very well at that!) Then told him they can go no further till he finds a job.

Have so far had four companies ask us to go for interview (Yanke although hubby didn't like sound of teaming, Bisson on 21st and R J Hoffmand and Global both want us to go out there for interviews)

Unfortunatly we've no more holiday left, but seriously considering taking unpaid leave to go out for them.

Waiting to receive some information from Bison before deciding if we go for interview. Saying that all interviews, whether you get the job or not, you gain experience.

Will let you know if we go.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karla03
Glen

There is one piece of advice that I must give you - Take everything you read on here with a pinch of salt. Whats right for me and Simon might be all wrong for you. We are all different on here and are after different things in life - I just wish the best in finding what your after.

Karla x x x
Exactly

From Skippys other 1/2 Terresa (Also a truckers wife)
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HilsandDen

Have friends who have paid english company £4000, they promised would find him job, but all they have done is his cv (not very well at that!) Then told him they can go no further till he finds a job.
This pratice is becomming all to common, and people in the UK need to be on guard when they reply to these

(So called Trucking Jobs - Only to find they are 99.9% Immigration Legal Eagles)

Take some strong advise.

Buy a return ticket to Canada for a weeks holiday, land in the location you want to live, go hit as many Trucking Firms as you can, if offered a job, ask them to sponsor you.

Return home apply to Canadian Consultant and start the process rolling.

and keep the $$$$$ in your own hip pocket.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
This pratice is becomming all to common, and people in the UK need to be on guard when they reply to these

(So called Trucking Jobs - Only to find they are 99.9% Immigration Legal Eagles)

Take some strong advise.

Buy a return ticket to Canada for a weeks holiday, land in the location you want to live, go hit as many Trucking Firms as you can, if offered a job, ask them to sponsor you.

Return home apply to Canadian Consultant and start the process rolling.

and keep the $$$$$ in your own hip pocket.
Do you mean "CONSULATE".

It is as follows:

THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION,
LONDON UK

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Oct 9th 2007 at 9:52 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

solly is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool bison

I have an interview with both siemens and bison in Jan. Does anyone have any insider info about them??
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:36 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bison

Originally Posted by solly
I have an interview with both siemens and bison in Jan. Does anyone have any insider info about them??
Read my blog solly.
I worked for Kindersley (part of Seimens) for 14 months.
Address at the bottom of this post.

Last edited by koogar; Dec 8th 2007 at 5:07 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: bison

Going with Bison will cost you $8000 DON'T DO IT,
there are plenty of others to choose from.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Do you mean "CONSULATE".

It is as follows:

THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION,
LONDON UK
Yes,

Look guys I only said this for a few reasons:

1, Too many UK truckers are SUCKED into paying a middle man, big sums of up-front fees thinking they will gain a job and easy relocation.

2, Last week was delivering a new Scania to a company in Scotland and the transport manager told me of another long-winded story of the same thing that one of his drivers after watching that Ice Truckers show wanted to migrate, only to be still in Scotland and some 3000 quid out of packet for a lot of paperwork which is still going through some process.

DONT BE CAUGHT - ASK THE FORUM - THEY KNOW MORE THAN YOU
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

solly is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks koogar ,spent two hours going through your blogs.good luck for the future. p.s siemens have a fair amount of companys under them ,are they mainley same to work for, do you recommend any particular one.

Last edited by solly; Dec 8th 2007 at 10:20 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:12 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

thanks koogar ,spent two hours going through your blogs.good luck for the future. p.s siemens have a fair amount of companys under them ,are they mainley same to work for, do you recommend any particular one.
Hey solly.
Kindersley and HWT are dry vans. Edge are flat decks. I think triangle are flats too, but not sure. Creekbank are based in Mississauga (toronto).
I worked for Kindersley. They're the largest of the Seimens companies.
I guess it depends on the kind of work you wanna do. I picked the dry vans because I didn't fancy tarping at -40c. They were ok and I didn't have any major problems with them. I know people have had a bad experience there, but I'm not sure if that was due to them having higher expectations before they arrived. I never had any problems getting enough work. If there wasn't any US loads when I was ready to go again, I'd just run domestic. I know some of the UK drivers refused domestic loads, sat around Saskatoon for 3-4 days waiting for US loads and then complained they didn't make enough money. By the time they got a load, I'd run to Vancouver and back and got a US load right behind them. They'd made nothing and I made $800+ in those 4 days. I'm sure you can work out why they made no money. I'd imagine you can get problems at any company.
A friend of mine (I know him because he trained at the same time as I did in July 06) works for Edge and, after ironing out any initial problems he had, he seems quite happy. He's still there anyway. I found that once you and your dispatcher get to know each other, things get better. They get to know how hard you want to run and give you work accordingly.
Don't really know a lot about Bison. They have Gold trucks which mostly seem to be Volvos. I've spoken to quite a few of their drivers while out on the road and for the most part, they seem happy.
Good luck,
Koog.