Not Quite - It is dead

Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:24 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Quite - It is dead

Originally Posted by thundercat600
a part-time idiot and not a trucker but an ex-trucker's OH
OH has held hgv1 license for over 20 years, latterly been a car-transporter driver and currently trains drivers to load car-transporters

have more-or-less discounted ontario as our destination and now looking at nova scotia (hoping to recce next spring)

andy - can i please pick your brains on NS truck companies? don't need PNP or WP or TWP or whatever as I am sponsoring OH so he'll (hopefully) have his PR before we get there. Not necessarily looking for long-haul, in fact local would be nice (home every night and all that!). OH is probably looking for general haulage of any sort but pref not tarping/roping (is that right terminolgy?? ) (bigwheels, trucking's all he knows too)

have had a look at a few truck websites (Kings, Eassons, Morse) but they're not terribly informational and i would think there's a ton of companies out there that don't have websites at all!

any info/suggestions welcomed - companies to steer well clear of, the good, the bad, the ugly that kind of thing

as far as destination we'll go where the work is and have no pre-conceived ideas so looking forward to some interesting research ahead!

thanks in advance
kristi
Hi Kristi
You can try David Brown United http://www.dbrownstransport.com/ who only go as far as Toronto, i don't know a lot about them but i have driven alonside some of there drivers and they seem happy enough.
Armour
http://www.armour.ca/ is another option, they do regional as well as long haul.
Kingfreight do all long haul as far as i know but i do know 1 driver who does just the Toronto run. I did my internship with them and know they are good to work for.
Eassons are also good to work for but again i think they only do long haul.
If your oh wants variety then GK Morse would be good as they have it all, Vans, Reefers, Flat decks, Dump trucks etc, they pay the best as well. Robert (Morse) is a great guy, blunt and direct but still a great guy. Morse is a smallish, family owned/run company.

If you need any more info or want to ask anything, fire away.

HTH

Andy
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hi Kristi
You can try David Brown United http://www.dbrownstransport.com/ who only go as far as Toronto, i don't know a lot about them but i have driven alonside some of there drivers and they seem happy enough.
Armour
http://www.armour.ca/ is another option, they do regional as well as long haul.
Kingfreight do all long haul as far as i know but i do know 1 driver who does just the Toronto run. I did my internship with them and know they are good to work for.
Eassons are also good to work for but again i think they only do long haul.
If your oh wants variety then GK Morse would be good as they have it all, Vans, Reefers, Flat decks, Dump trucks etc, they pay the best as well. Robert (Morse) is a great guy, blunt and direct but still a great guy. Morse is a smallish, family owned/run company.

If you need any more info or want to ask anything, fire away.

HTH

Andy
Andy is the main man to ask as above.

There are these sites to also have a look at for info & companies:

http://www.canadatransportation.com/

http://www.apta.ca/

http://www.harmactransport.com/

Cheers Dave
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:25 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Back now.
Went up to the in-laws cabin in the mountains, around the Wyoming/Colorado state line for thanksgiving (my first one in the states).
Attached Thumbnails Not Quite - It is dead-dscf0312.jpg  
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koogar
Back now.
Went up to the in-laws cabin in the mountains, around the Wyoming/Colorado state line for thanksgiving (my first one in the states).
Gorgeous mate bet you had a great time.

Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

thanks for the replies andy and davie, bookmarked a few more websites now!
certainly looks like there's jobs to be had in NS

spent a bit of time looking at houses for sale in kings county last night - looking great! really looking forward to getting over there and having a look round next year.

i'm sure we'll have more questions so thanks again
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thundercat600
thanks for the replies andy and davie, bookmarked a few more websites now!
certainly looks like there's jobs to be had in NS

spent a bit of time looking at houses for sale in kings county last night - looking great! really looking forward to getting over there and having a look round next year.

i'm sure we'll have more questions so thanks again
Andy would prob be able to help you on the housing front as well. Sure he could give you some pointers and areas to look at.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Andy would prob be able to help you on the housing front as well. Sure he could give you some pointers and areas to look at.

yep! i don't want to look too hard at the moment for houses as i'll probably see one i absolutely love (albeit on the web) at one end of the province and then we'll find a job at the other!!
no doubt have more questions at time of recce
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

WHERE THE FLUCK IS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:26 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:00 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

WORKING !!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
WORKING !!!!!!!!!
OH...

Is that near London. Is there a rave on there or summit and nobody told me.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I was doing my theory test today. Passed thankfully
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I dont consider myself an idiot either.....but everyone else does

And its Flucking cold -35
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:23 am
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I dont consider myself an idiot either.....but everyone else does

And its Flucking cold -35
So you're having a mild winter then?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
So you're having a mild winter then?
On the other hand this poster is an idiot
just picked up my Brand spanking new truck Woo Hoo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.