Not Quite - It is dead

Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Not Quite - It is dead

Is it I am the only Idiot Trucker on this site posting - Whare is all?????

Roll Call Time
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:23 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Quite - It is dead

Originally Posted by bigwheels241

Roll Call Time

Here Sir
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Wouldnt call myself an idiot trucker, but im here
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Roll Call Time
Here Sir.

I'm a trucker....& an idiot

All weekend it has been dead as a dodo on here what the hell is going on.

We need more drivers to start enquiring about moving as a truck driver coz all them that have already done it are now out on the bloody road.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Here Sir
How's things going mate?

I should be ot your neck of the woods early next year as I will be arriving ahead of Mrs Mac.

Hopefuly driving one of those awesome Pete's like you have...if not I'll drive a horse & cart as long as I'm in Canada.

Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:08 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
How's things going mate?

I should be ot your neck of the woods early next year as I will be arriving ahead of Mrs Mac.

Hopefuly driving one of those awesome Pete's like you have...if not I'll drive a horse & cart as long as I'm in Canada.

It's going ok mate, If you get a choice, go for the cummins engine not a crappy cat. My truck is going into the major Cat dealer in Dartmouth tomorrow cos it's down on power (only uphill, i can cruise at the governed speed of 70mph easily on the flat and i have done 102 downhill ) Mpg is a bit low as well and Cummins is well known for being better.
Other than that the truck is great and so is driving generally although nothing is ever perfect.
Give me a call when you get here, we will have to meet up for a coffee.....or a proper drink.
I was talking to another SE driver the other day and contrary to popular belief that they just run the "triangle" he told me they run to California every week as well.
The snow has started properly now and highway 185 in Quebec was closed down last week, no problem though, i just took my 8 hr sleeper birth and slept out the storm.
take care mate, hope to see you soon.
Andy
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Wouldnt call myself an idiot trucker, but im here
The term (Idiot) is refered to me, not others but it is very quite here, should be more active than it has been.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:21 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

The term (Idiot) is refered to me, not others but it is very quite here, should be more active than it has been.
If the cap fits, wear it Thats why i didn't deny being an idiot
It is quiet though, might as well get back out on the road
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
If the cap fits, wear it Thats why i didn't deny being an idiot
It is quiet though, might as well get back out on the road
Why do I call myself an IDIOT

Simple:

1. I am stuck in the UK driving along with too many Ruber-necks on the M6 and M1 - I know of no other place where there are so many accidents and all hell brakes loose as the whole road system grinds to a hault

2. My wife now wants to stay here another 12-mths and I dont as I am looking towards Canada in 2008

3. All I know is Trucking, (What an Idiot I am not to learn other work):curse:
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:34 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Why do I call myself an IDIOT

Simple:

1. I am stuck in the UK driving along with too many Ruber-necks on the M6 and M1 - I know of no other place where there are so many accidents and all hell brakes loose as the whole road system grinds to a hault

It's not much different here mate, try driving through Toronto on the 401 just after an accident and even though they should be used to driving in snow and rain, the first sign of a flake or drop and everyone slows down to 30mph!!!!!

2. My wife now wants to stay here another 12-mths and I dont as I am looking towards Canada in 2008

I can see both sides, only you two know when it's the right time but it is better to wait until you are 110% sure it is the right time, better to err on the side of caution imho.

3. All I know is Trucking, (What an Idiot I am not to learn other work):curse:
I wouldn't say you are an idiot for not learning another proffession, i started late on in this game after having tried many different trades, i would have liked to have started trucking 20 yrs ago although i have no regrets about anything.

Last edited by andy_sheila; Nov 25th 2007 at 5:35 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I know you meant that, but what i should have said was, Im an idiot too, minus the trucker part haha
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

a part-time idiot and not a trucker but an ex-trucker's OH
OH has held hgv1 license for over 20 years, latterly been a car-transporter driver and currently trains drivers to load car-transporters

have more-or-less discounted ontario as our destination and now looking at nova scotia (hoping to recce next spring)

andy - can i please pick your brains on NS truck companies? don't need PNP or WP or TWP or whatever as I am sponsoring OH so he'll (hopefully) have his PR before we get there. Not necessarily looking for long-haul, in fact local would be nice (home every night and all that!). OH is probably looking for general haulage of any sort but pref not tarping/roping (is that right terminolgy?? ) (bigwheels, trucking's all he knows too)

have had a look at a few truck websites (Kings, Eassons, Morse) but they're not terribly informational and i would think there's a ton of companies out there that don't have websites at all!

any info/suggestions welcomed - companies to steer well clear of, the good, the bad, the ugly that kind of thing

as far as destination we'll go where the work is and have no pre-conceived ideas so looking forward to some interesting research ahead!

thanks in advance
kristi
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Here Sir.

I'm a trucker....& an idiot

All weekend it has been dead as a dodo on here what the hell is going on.

We need more drivers to start enquiring about moving as a truck driver coz all them that have already done it are now out on the bloody road.
Well it got the forum buzzing a little

Know what you mean (Out on the bloody road) must have all the UK drivers on the dammm road too as I went to Glasgow last Friday and the 74 was busy as hell.

Must place a few flyers (Adverts) in the truck stops (Services) that there is life other then clogging up my road space....
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thundercat600
OH is probably looking for general haulage of any sort but pref not tarping/roping (is that right terminolgy?? ) (bigwheels, trucking's all he knows too)

I have sent a few emails to a few places I know in that area and when they reply, will foward them to you.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

I have sent a few emails to a few places I know in that area and when they reply, will foward them to you.
excellent! thanks very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.