Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

new user - hgv driver looking to work in canada

new user - hgv driver looking to work in canada

Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

liverpool guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new user - hgv driver looking to work in canada

hi can any one help me out ,i am a uk hgv driver looking to work in canada ideally a camp mining job,i do hold all classes of hgv +full bus/coach licence my question is this possible or just a dream thanks
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

dirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nice
Default Re: new user

Originally Posted by liverpool guy
hi can any one help me out ,i am a uk hgv driver looking to work in canada ideally a camp mining job,i do hold all classes of hgv +full bus/coach licence my question is this possible or just a dream thanks
Hi Liverpool Guy,
Look through these forum's you will find some very useful info. Regarding your licence you will have to retake your Class 1 and what is an Air brake test here as well. I cannot give you any info on Mine Camp work as I am a long Haul Trucker based in Alberta but I'm sure someone on the site will give you some more detailed info.
Good luck with your dream.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by dirtytrucker
Hi Liverpool Guy,
Look through these forum's you will find some very useful info. Regarding your licence you will have to retake your Class 1 and what is an Air brake test here as well. I cannot give you any info on Mine Camp work as I am a long Haul Trucker based in Alberta but I'm sure someone on the site will give you some more detailed info.
Good luck with your dream.

well you can forget the mine camp at the moment until you have your PR,then to find an oil camp job is not that easy being a driver,oil camp jobs are for the oil companies and as most of the transport is subbed,but they do have arrangements for subbies to stay there.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liverpool guy
Of course it's possible,depends on how determined you are? Immigration is the tough part,but the worst scenario would be long haul trucking for a while,gain P.R.,worlds your oyster.
Don't know your circumstances/family connections,which could make the process faster,but read through this site,the provincial government sites,check employment opportunities,talk to companies and go for it.
Word of warning,you might see big $ signs on the camps,you earn every single one,and lots of people will happily relieve you of your money at the first given chance.It's not the gravy train you might think it is.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:24 am
Just Joined

liverpool guy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi thanks for your advice,i shall go through all sites i possibly can,i was not sure if i had to retake my class one licence,and it looks so easy to get a job on the mines on the web sites take care and thankyou
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: new user - hgv driver looking to work in canada

Lots of advice available here.Have a look on the trucking forum. As Flat has said, immigration is the hardest part, we are still awaiting nomination after 7 months, incredibly frustrating! Re-take test over there as ours count for nowt!
Seem to be lots of hoops to jump through at the moment but if you've got a few quid in reserve and enough determination, go for it!