NEW IELTS REQUIREMENTS

Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Post NEW IELTS REQUIREMENTS

Hi was wondering if anyone has taken the IELTS test required now for all new AINP/PR applications in Alberta.

If you have how was it?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: NEW IELTS REQUIREMENTS

I would have thought if you speak English the test shouldn't be a problem

Link
Old Jan 26th 2013, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

KB33, even if you were born & raised in the UK you still have to prove you can speak, listen, read & write English would you believe!

My husband is British with English CSE also and he still needs to sit the test. Confirmation of your results have to now be sent with the 1st stage of application for AINP.

Sounds ridiculous but true!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

As I said in the other thread , They (AINP) are just making more and more difficult to get nomination , I believe they just want you to fill a short term labor shortage then go back home without nomination of course .

Hope it backfires on them
Old Jan 26th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Well he will be taking the test in April so we hope it will be plain sailing from there on.

I get what you are saying about making it harder, some folks will give up even before they get the chance of coming our here, as taking the test will put them off. Shame really as the research I have done about the test it does not seem to be that bad, but then again I am english!

Thanks for your input KB33.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

So did he have to take the GED ?

Taking the test might not be that bad , Its just the principle of having to take it , Plus time off work a trip to Calgary etc Its just another hurdle they want you to jump over .
Old Jan 26th 2013, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of hurdles unless you wear a wraparound stetson , then it's "Welcome to Canada please bring all your family ".
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

You have to take the IELTS for the federal skilled worker programme and IEC, and the new skilled trades route. So why shouldnt it be the same for PNP.

Everyone takes it, English speaking or not. (contrary to bigoted belief).
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

I know lots of British born and bred people who can't read or write very well (it's fashionable to blame dyslexia), but unfortunately the Canadians want a standard to be passed, and can't just assume that all applicants born in Britain are fluent in english.

If we were to present this test to people wanting to emigrate TO the UK from (for instance) Canada, would there be a problem?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Plenty of hurdles unless you wear a wraparound stetson , then it's "Welcome to Canada please bring all your family ".
I doubt that's true, but they may get a relative to sit the exam for them

On the other hand I know plenty of Indians in my town who can speak better english than the natives, seriously.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red1974
Hi was wondering if anyone has taken the IELTS test required now for all new AINP/PR applications in Alberta.

If you have how was it?
Is this the reason why you came back last time?

Has your hubby been studying whilst he's been back over there?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

My point is I never had to take the GED or IELTS and many like me never did , PR or PNP , Don't think you have to take it for other Provinces , There just making harder and more difficult to get nomination hoping you will say ***** it and go home , And many have !
Plus they keep changing the rules , You come out here on one set of rules thinking you will be OK then they move the goalpost and you have to abide by a different set of rules by the time you get to the nomination stage .
GED is a prime example , Plus they allowed any foreign short haul truckers to apply for nomination , gave them a six week window to apply . Didn't go down well with the one's who went on LongHaul just so they could fit the criteria.

When I came over all the city drivers were getting nomination without a fuss and now AINP just don't know their arse from their elbow while ruining many peoples lives in the process not to mention the extra thousands of $$ these applicants are spending . And there is a certain truth in what FTTM says , We know someone who as three Timmies franchises , They bring foreign workers over all the time and "some" defiantly get priority

Last edited by kb33; Jan 26th 2013 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
My point is I never had to take the GED or IELTS and many like me never did , PR or PNP , Don't think you have to take it for other Provinces
Yes you do, it's a recent CIC requirement, not an AINP thing.

Old Jan 26th 2013, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes you do, it's a recent CIC requirement, not an AINP thing.

Well its a load a Bolloc*s
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Well its a load a Bolloc*s
Seems to make sense to me, to bring PNP applications in line with all the other PR applications that require IELTS. You'd be amazed how some people can't speak English even if they were brought up in England!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.