Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by kjkelly
Yeah thats so true. It will be a mad rush last minuite i reckon.
Good pub hey and english grocers thats cool.
I have read some stuff on wages a mixed verdict i feel. Wot do you reckon?
My guess is the harder you work the more you earn. Thats cool with me as i intend to get out there and do my best and build a comfortable life formyself And marry a canadian bird!! Yippee!
I wonder wot that sara snow is like at yanke? I have such a laugh with her via email. Great sexy voice. lol
Speak soon buddy.

P.S. Now i know im going soon its becoming harder to do my current job.
Cant wait to tell em to stick it ! lol

kj
Yeah im with you on the wages lark, you earn what you put in as long as they give you miles, i also think that if you want it they will give it to you, its in there best interests as well as ours.
Have no idea what she looks like mate but hey they all sound nice on the phone its just the accent i think.
My company are pretty kewl about it at the mo i just told them im on the slow down ready for Canada so you will have to get someone else to do it or help, they just laugh and say some nice words to get me motivated, nice bunch of folks LOL.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:43 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Its good to see others who are going to work at Yanke. We are waiting for my other halfs Labour thingy and if all goes well plan to go to Saskatoon in Sept/Oct.

I'm going across the same time, need to get a settled place so I can get the dog over too.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Its good to see others who are going to work at Yanke. We are waiting for my other halfs Labour thingy and if all goes well plan to go to Saskatoon in Sept/Oct.

I'm going across the same time, need to get a settled place so I can get the dog over too.
Hi Lorna,
Yeah you will have read some interesting stuff on here i guess, never mind you get used to it after a while.
I am also going to work for Yanke as well and will be going out at the end of July / August so not long now.
Funny world eh i live just down the road from you in cardiff just off JNCT 30.
Why are you going over at the same time as hubby will be training for 4 weeks and then out for 2 with a Canadian or Brit driver and then team up with whoever and a few days off. This is why they have said that Wives shouldn't go out till at least 8 weeks later. I guess you could go but i think you will be very bored in the day time after a few days there, each to their own thou.

Chris 12 and I have rented a 3 bed house in Regina beach ready for when we go out but dont have to pay until we occupy which is just as well i think.
make sure you get the same flight as your dog so that when you land you can collect him or her straight away.
Anyway all the best and maybe see you out their.

LOAFY...
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by ejbsom
hi can anyone help. my husband is wanting to send resumes out but is finding it hard to find addresses. the yanke site doesnt seem to be working. if anyone knows any other addresses of trucking co. he could send resumes to it would be much appreciated. got interview with h and r but obviously want to apply to as many as possible. i personally would prefere to be in ontario as i have family around there. any help thanks ej.
Hi ejbsom,
If you really want to go to Ontario you could try Schneider National they take drivers from other countries but they are a big concern in Canada and the USA especially, depends on the size of company you are used to. I found loads of truck companies just by doing a search but on google Canada, came up with quite alot and had one guy email back saying to get a student visa just to get there and work the rest out later, as you can see i didnt do it that way.
Give it a go you never know.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:15 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know want your saying about the training we did think about the timing, but I want to apply for my work permit as soon as possible cos it takes about 6 months from the time I apply.

We have been looking at Regina Beach and I will probably take the time when Mal is in training to have a look around for somewhere permanent. Doesn't seem to be many places to rent that take pets in Regina itself so will need to look furhter afield. Leaving Archie with my daughter or son until we sort that out.

Mal's interview was with Jennifer on the Sunday they were over, it was the longest week of our lives until she rang on the Friday afternoon. Did you know she was leaving - Michelle Hodgson is taking over.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Lorna and Mal
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Yes, I know want your saying about the training we did think about the timing, but I want to apply for my work permit as soon as possible cos it takes about 6 months from the time I apply.

We have been looking at Regina Beach and I will probably take the time when Mal is in training to have a look around for somewhere permanent. Doesn't seem to be many places to rent that take pets in Regina itself so will need to look furhter afield. Leaving Archie with my daughter or son until we sort that out.

Mal's interview was with Jennifer on the Sunday they were over, it was the longest week of our lives until she rang on the Friday afternoon. Did you know she was leaving - Michelle Hodgson is taking over.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Lorna and Mal
Your work permit time starts when Mal lands so you wont have to wait the six months there if you stay behind for the 8 weeks. Just an idea thou i know if it was me i would be exploring all over the place while mal was off at work.
There are quite a few rental places in Regina try boardwalk.com and they take pets but you have to leave a deposit for them, i think this is the right addy if not i will PM you the right one tomorrow sometime, they have lots in Regina and are well taken care of. We are only renting initially and then find a nice place to live around Regina beach or in Regina Beach.
Yeah she told me she was going to another company, Michelle Hodgson is her boss or was, very nice girl and good at her job i thought.

LOAFY...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi ejbsom,
If you really want to go to Ontario you could try Schneider National they take drivers from other countries but they are a big concern in Canada and the USA especially, depends on the size of company you are used to. I found loads of truck companies just by doing a search but on google Canada, came up with quite alot and had one guy email back saying to get a student visa just to get there and work the rest out later, as you can see i didnt do it that way.
Give it a go you never know.
LOAFY...
cheers for that,will get hubby on that asap. his interview for H and R has been brought forward from september to 18 july. we are going to canada on 19 july for 2 weeks holiday any way so might have a good look around then
ej x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi Lorna,
Yeah you will have read some interesting stuff on here i guess, never mind you get used to it after a while.
I am also going to work for Yanke as well and will be going out at the end of July / August so not long now.
Funny world eh i live just down the road from you in cardiff just off JNCT 30.
Why are you going over at the same time as hubby will be training for 4 weeks and then out for 2 with a Canadian or Brit driver and then team up with whoever and a few days off. This is why they have said that Wives shouldn't go out till at least 8 weeks later. I guess you could go but i think you will be very bored in the day time after a few days there, each to their own thou.

Chris 12 and I have rented a 3 bed house in Regina beach ready for when we go out but dont have to pay until we occupy which is just as well i think.
make sure you get the same flight as your dog so that when you land you can collect him or her straight away.
Anyway all the best and maybe see you out their.

LOAFY...
hey ej here again, my o/h has been trying to get address for yanke but web site doesnt seem to be working. can you help out
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ejbsom
hey ej here again, my o/h has been trying to get address for yanke but web site doesnt seem to be working. can you help out
Yes of corse no problem i will PM it to you.
LOAFY...