Medicals for interview

Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default Medicals for interview

Hi All,

Not been around for a while as lap top broke so treated myself to a new one i was getting expats withdrawls !!

Anyhow my husband and i are going to our GP s tomorrow for medical that they ask for (they as in the company) Could anyone shed any light on what they actually need ?? I know the drugs tests for Graham but on the e mail it just says . Letter from GP and D4 for Graham . Can the GP do the D4 ?? What does the dr actaully have to put in his letters?? Sorry if this has already been covered but cant seem to find anything.

Also my husband had a spinal fusion 7 years ago but has not effected his employment since , could this go against us??

Getting nervous now as thats the only thing that could actually stop us going ! Would we also need to have chest x rays ??

Grahams interview is in October with Seimans in Saskatoon .

Any help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Debbie & Graham
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals for interview

My doctor just provided me with a letter saying my family were all of sound health. Then when I arrived I was given a full medical by the company (Yanke), then when we applied for PR the whole family (inc my 18 month baby girl) had to have full medicals. Yanke like most other companies will do random drug testing. Can`t remember what a D4 is.. That must be the one you have to get to show you are fit to drive LGVs back in the UK. Get used to this crap there is a lot of it ahead of you...You are British rise up to the challenge..DLTBGYD.

Peter...

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi All,

Not been around for a while as lap top broke so treated myself to a new one i was getting expats withdrawls !!

Anyhow my husband and i are going to our GP s tomorrow for medical that they ask for (they as in the company) Could anyone shed any light on what they actually need ?? I know the drugs tests for Graham but on the e mail it just says . Letter from GP and D4 for Graham . Can the GP do the D4 ?? What does the dr actaully have to put in his letters?? Sorry if this has already been covered but cant seem to find anything.

Also my husband had a spinal fusion 7 years ago but has not effected his employment since , could this go against us??

Getting nervous now as thats the only thing that could actually stop us going ! Would we also need to have chest x rays ??

Grahams interview is in October with Seimans in Saskatoon .

Any help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Debbie & Graham
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Medicals for interview

hi pete i thought we did not need medicals for tfw as a driver, by the way you should try having a fitness inst as wife, she makes me go to arobics & step class, just me & a load of women in lycra. its awfull but i struggle through it...... an im still a fat b*****d

chris.......................................
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future

wife swap?????

Pete

Originally Posted by chris kim
hi pete i thought we did not need medicals for tfw as a driver, by the way you should try having a fitness inst as wife, she makes me go to arobics & step class, just me & a load of women in lycra. its awfull but i struggle through it...... an im still a fat b*****d

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

What is tfw?? As for you being a fat b******d wait until you see of them over here at the truck stop eat all you can buffets...It makes all them medicals seem kind of like pointless.

Peter..

Originally Posted by chris kim

Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Medicals for interview

tfw... temp foreign worker .. as for wife swap, what do you want to swap her for, as you know i will need all new electric appliances and a good car..

lol chris (soon to be driver in edmonton) i hope......
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Hi All,

Dont like he sound of this wife swap !!! Any how went to GP whom is doing a letter for us saying we have no long standing medical conditions doesnt see Grahams back op as a problem so thats good. Only thing that threw him was the drugs test he didnt have a clue.... Will look into it told him needed it all done by end september a little fib but he doesnt know that plus dont want to be waiting until day before we fly to get it all ..

Did anyone else have the drugs test ?? If so how much was you charged??

Thanks
Debbie
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, is this medical for the interview or the visa?

For the interview my brother just had to get a letter from the GP to say he has no drug or alcohol problems. The company (H&R) have not asked for anything more.

Ren
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

TruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the rough

Just thought I would add some information to this for future searches as I presume you have sorted all this out.

Most GP's (I can't find one in my area AT ALL) will not do the drugs test. We have had to arrange it privately - again the GP wouldn't even do that.

The cheapest we found is with the Nuffield trust and they charge £50.

As for the D4, the fees for this are anything from £50-£150 - our GP charges £109!!!!!!!!!! :curse:

If anyone lives in the Yorkshire area Beeston Medical Centre will do the D4 for £50

We spoke to the Nuffield doctor and he will do it for £80, although £30 dearer it means hubby only has to take 1 day off work rather than two (can't get both appointments on the same day within the next month)

Hope this helps someone
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all
This seems all good but can anyone give me a bit of advise. I get a medical with the army before I leave will this be good enough? Also I can get a drugs test with the army again does any one know if this is acceptable? Not that I have got any where near this stage yet!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Hi all
This seems all good but can anyone give me a bit of advise. I get a medical with the army before I leave will this be good enough? Also I can get a drugs test with the army again does any one know if this is acceptable? Not that I have got any where near this stage yet!
dinger (is your surname bell by any chance )

Your final medical would prob not be of any use to the province licensing authority your going to as it does not cover all the criteria to say your fit to drive Tractor Trailer vehicles in Canada.

Attached is the form I will need when going to PEI just get the one for the province your going to or get the company to email you one take it to the Med Centre and get the MO to complete it and ask for either a drugs test or a letter to say your free of drugs on discharge.

ALSO ?????

can I ask other people why they are getting a D4 form completed when it is of no use in Canada or is it and I am missing something. As above why not get the appropriate form for the province your going to and get that completed - Has anyone checked to see if the D4 form will be accepted in Canada As you might find you have to pay again when you get there when applying for your Canadian Licence.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PEI Medical Form.pdf (85.1 KB, 136 views)
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Davie Mac
Thanks for that it was as I expected. As for the D4 form I have just received paperwork from Yanke and it clearly states that there is a requirement for a D4 medical form completed with actual blood pressure reading, from DVLA, this is for foreign workers! It has me baffled, why we need a British DVLA form to apply for a job in Canada.
Yep you broke the code dinger is the undercover name for Bell!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Davie Mac
Thanks for that it was as I expected. As for the D4 form I have just received paperwork from Yanke and it clearly states that there is a requirement for a D4 medical form completed with actual blood pressure reading, from DVLA, this is for foreign workers! It has me baffled, why we need a British DVLA form to apply for a job in Canada.
Yep you broke the code dinger is the undercover name for Bell!
Squaddies think alike see !!!

In that case the MO will be able to complete it so lucky for us we get it all free of charge....

Not sure why they would ask for a D4 instead of the Canadian form strange eh maybe it's just to see if your fit for the company I would ask them if you need another med when applying for your Canadian licence maybe it is done differently where yanke are.

Cheers

Have you got all your police checks done, I have the contact details for RMP police checks if you need it for your Military police check & also the German Checks if your ever served in Germany.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Sep 16th 2008 at 9:57 am.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

No I havent done any police checks, to be honest I have done very little, I have been away for the last 6 months! So any information on Police checks , RMP and German would be appreciated.
Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

No I havent done any police checks, to be honest I have done very little, I have been away for the last 6 months! So any information on Police checks , RMP and German would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dinger,

Sent you a PM regarding the RMP Police Checks.

The following relates to Police checks for time served in Germany.

Sent this letter:

Bundesamt für Justiz Ref: Führungszeugnisses
- Bundeszentralregister –
Sachgebiet IV21/IR
53094 Bonn
Germany
Date:28 MAY 2008

Ich beantrage die Erteilung eines Führungszeugnisses

1. Please find enclosed my wife and I’s applications for certificates of good conduct.

2. I have also included the payment to the total of £22.00 to cover the cost of this application. The German Embassy in London confirmed with me that this amount should cover the cost of both the applications

3. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated

Danke für Ihre Hilfe.

You will notice on the right hand side of the form it asks for a signature of a Notary / Notary Public / German Consular

We went to the German Consulate in Southampton where he signed the forms for £20 after looking at our passports to confirm who we were.

Don't know where you are but there should be one in a city near you or you can pay a notary Public (a solicitor with these powers) to do it. The consulate is the best as they are authorised by the German Gov to act on their behalf so there should be no confusion as to who is able to sign the forms or not if you go elsewhere.

Hope you understand all this.

Cheers Dave
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.