British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 9:39 am

Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9979831)
.Thats good mate R u taking the wife with you or waiting to see what it's like first.Have you applied for your wife yet or again are you waiting???

Hello mate my wife is staying here while I'm there and will come out and have a look who do work for here

cmetty41 Mar 30th 2012 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9979887)
Mate,

you badly need to do more RESEARCH!!!!!

The ACTUAL Loblaws(ex Geordie-land UK) recruiter is on another UK Ex-Pats trucking site stating that your "AVERAGE take home pay" will be $700 PER WEEK.

Now you got to work out is doing night-shifts with "turn-pike" doubles in a Canadian Winter worth $700!!!!:unsure:

Also just what "disposable income" you will have left AFTER paying all your normal everyday bills in Regina.:blink:

I wish all you guys going to Loblaws the very best of luck but your all talking among yourselves and you need to ask the ex-UK guys who have been there for a right few years maybe since 2004 IF they would work in Regina for Loblaws@ that type of work for that kind of money!!!!!!;)

Big Truck I have a signed contract stating I will be paid no less than $23 per hour with add on IE load unload hitch un Hitch etc I will be doing a 10hr day with breaks,running from Regina to Winnipeg either 5 on 2 off or 6 on 2 off.That my friend does not add up to $700 a week.The distance between Regina and Winnipeg is 355miles or 571km X each mile by 53cents and still I don't get $700 a week.I can't see Loblaws bringing over at least 16 to 24 family's and then hitting them with $700 a week wages,that would criminal.And after a good Interview with the Transport manager i feel he is more than open with us all.Remember Loblaws are going Very BIG in the next few months with a new rail road being built next to their new facilities.

cmetty41 Mar 30th 2012 9:55 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9979948)
Hello mate my wife is staying here while I'm there and will come out and have a look who do work for here

Hello Dusty,I am currently self employed as a driving Instructor,but work is slack so I also work for Tesco's on a self employed basis.I do about 40hrs a week for them doing class 1 work delivering to all the stores here in Northern Ireland.I see Big Truck reckons we will be getting $700 a week or £439 our money.I don't think so mate.No one would move half way round the world for that money.Has trevor gave you the hotel details where we wil staying.It's the Ramada hotel downtown in Regina looks nice.

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 30th 2012 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9979948)

Hello Hun

Look we decided I was not going out, so pleaes don't be telling people I am.

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 10:18 am

Ok

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9979961)
Hello Dusty,I am currently self employed as a driving Instructor,but work is slack so I also work for Tesco's on a self employed basis.I do about 40hrs a week for them doing class 1 work delivering to all the stores here in Northern Ireland.I see Big Truck reckons we will be getting $700 a week or £439 our money.I don't think so mate.No one would move half way round the world for that money.Has trevor gave you the hotel details where we wil staying.It's the Ramada hotel downtown in Regina looks nice.

No he didn't say yet are you going in may

cmetty41 Mar 30th 2012 11:07 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9979994)
No he didn't say yet are you going in may

No mate it will be July at the earliest for me a lot to do here before I go.

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 12:11 pm

By the time I get my work visa it will probably be July

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 30th 2012 12:44 pm

Oh well another couple of months with you wife won't kill ya! You've got rest of your life out there.

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 3:37 pm

What's the address of the place u send the work permit to

man240utd Mar 30th 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9980412)
What's the address of the place u send the work permit to

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks I see the hotel we will stay at the ramada in Regina and it costs 89 a night

dave_lol66 Mar 30th 2012 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9979887)
Mate,

you badly need to do more RESEARCH!!!!!

The ACTUAL Loblaws(ex Geordie-land UK) recruiter is on another UK Ex-Pats trucking site stating that your "AVERAGE take home pay" will be $700 PER WEEK.

Now you got to work out is doing night-shifts with "turn-pike" doubles in a Canadian Winter worth $700!!!!:unsure:

Also just what "disposable income" you will have left AFTER paying all your normal everyday bills in Regina.:blink:

I wish all you guys going to Loblaws the very best of luck but your all talking among yourselves and you need to ask the ex-UK guys who have been there for a right few years maybe since 2004 IF they would work in Regina for Loblaws@ that type of work for that kind of money!!!!!!;)

BT let me think long and hard about this....:eek::eek::banghead::banghead::banghead: NOT A CHANCE:rofl:

dave_lol66 Mar 30th 2012 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9979955)
I can't see Loblaws bringing over at least 16 to 24 family's and then hitting them with $700 a week wages,that would criminal.And after a good Interview with the Transport manager i feel he is more than open with us all.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Isn't being naive such a sweet thing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

dustyhoward Mar 30th 2012 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9980417)
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

Who is the fee payable too