British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Loblaw

Ta when do you go out

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 1:27 pm

Congratulations by the way
Did you have all of your paperwork with you at the interview
I didnt and when they asked me when I could start I said July or September and they said the first 5 who have the paperwork ready will go in may

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9970074)
Congratulations by the way
Did you have all of your paperwork with you at the interview
I didnt and when they asked me when I could start I said July or September and they said the first 5 who have the paperwork ready will go in may

Thanks mate. I had everything except an up to date police check which I had already sent off for. I e-mailed them a copy of it the day after the interview.

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9970163)
Thanks mate. I had everything except an up to date police check which I had already sent off for. I e-mailed them a copy of it the day after the interview.

I told them I wanted to go in May.

dustyhoward Mar 24th 2012 3:15 pm

I'm still waiting for my doctors letter
If I get nothing between now and Monday I night email Kelly
It does sound desperate but Kelly did say everyone who was interviewed would know by the end of the week

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9970170)
I'm still waiting for my doctors letter
If I get nothing between now and Monday I night email Kelly
It does sound desperate but Kelly did say everyone who was interviewed would know by the end of the week

yeah, like I said before, because I had everything with me on the day, I was offered the job on the day. I had my medical the day before the interview & got my doctor's letter the same day as my medical. I also got my employment contract within half an hour of the interview.

man240utd Mar 24th 2012 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9970314)
yeah, like I said before, because I had everything with me on the day, I was offered the job on the day. I had my medical the day before the interview & got my doctor's letter the same day as my medical. I also got my employment contract within half an hour of the interview.

look at your PMs.

flat to the mat Mar 25th 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9970031)
Got an e-mail last night welcoming me to the company. Hope you hear something soon.:fingerscrossed:

Good on you.Welcome to Saskatchewan man24ridernation,(you'll see :D).

man240utd Mar 25th 2012 10:09 am

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9970993)
Good on you.Welcome to Saskatchewan man24ridernation,(you'll see :D).

Thanks mate, can't wait to get there.:thumbsup:

cmetty41 Mar 29th 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9962954)
Regina isn't a busy place but I've been told it's an ok place are you going to take the job??

Hello mate I have now had all my paperwork and job offer from loblaws in the process of getting my work permit don then im off to Regina $1400 to $16oo a week can't be bad mate. R u Going?

man240utd Mar 29th 2012 10:16 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9978340)
Hello mate I have now had all my paperwork and job offer from loblaws in the process of getting my work permit don then im off to Regina $1400 to $16oo a week can't be bad mate. R u Going?

When are you going?:thumbsup:

cmetty41 Mar 29th 2012 11:29 am

Originally Posted by man240utd (Post 9978368)
When are you going?:thumbsup:

Have to wait until all the paperwork is done ie work permit it would be the July date for me mate have my house to sell and have to sort out my wife getting there as well Have you got your paperwork sent off to london yet?

dustyhoward Mar 29th 2012 11:45 am

I will do it tonight I'm working away this week I'm home tonight then the wife will send it tomorrow

cmetty41 Mar 30th 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9978455)
I will do it tonight I'm working away this week I'm home tonight then the wife will send it tomorrow

.Thats good mate R u taking the wife with you or waiting to see what it's like first.Have you applied for your wife yet or again are you waiting???

Big Truck Mar 30th 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9978340)

Mate,

you badly need to do more RESEARCH!!!!!

The ACTUAL Loblaws(ex Geordie-land UK) recruiter is on another UK Ex-Pats trucking site stating that your "AVERAGE take home pay" will be $700 PER WEEK.

Now you got to work out is doing night-shifts with "turn-pike" doubles in a Canadian Winter worth $700!!!!:unsure:

Also just what "disposable income" you will have left AFTER paying all your normal everyday bills in Regina.:blink:

I wish all you guys going to Loblaws the very best of luck but your all talking among yourselves and you need to ask the ex-UK guys who have been there for a right few years maybe since 2004 IF they would work in Regina for Loblaws@ that type of work for that kind of money!!!!!!;)