Loblaw

Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

russjp will become famous soon enoughrussjp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by northboy
And thats when you will know if the runs are OTT russjp .it all seams very long nights when you read up . and if you look at the Google maps . its still under 6 hours each way with and your checks unhitching wheel checks.long long nights . 13 hours min over the shift patterns 4 on 4 off /6 on 2 off .can break the best of men.
Won't affect us mate cos we will be doing Calgary and Edmonton runs which are 2 day runs anyway so we won't have the need to get anywhere and back in the same shift and I'll be working mon - fri on nights with a short run on the Friday night IF I want it, I can just work 4 shifts if I wish to.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
No doubt there are extras added on to the mileage pay, just a shame that they're all top secret

It took 40 odd pages to get a sensible reply on here and that came from Russ who had just arrived, so I wouldn't hold my breath Mick
Activity based pay is an hourly rate which increases with length of service which for newbies has been well documented on here, so to give you an example, we are paid 35 mins for a pre trip and 35 mins for a post trip on pikes, if you are doing a changeover then you will be paid twice for this work as you will need a new pre trip and post trip check dut to dragging different trailers so that alone is 2hrs 20 mins of pay per shift ON TOP of any mileage based pay. Other activities paid for are hooks and drops, set payment for deliveries with overtime if you run over the allotted time, waiting time is paid hourly, fuelling tractors and trailers and even paid a seperate payment for filling the DEF tank.

As far as i`m aware there is no other job operating in the same way as this certainly in this province and it is certainly an impressive operation. I`m not gonna come on here and `rose tint` the job for anyone, if you`re frightened of hard work then don`t bother applying. As professional drivers we all know that some of us can be professional whiners too and some people at Loblaws are undoubtedly no different but the one thing i PERSONALLY have not witnessed is anyone complaining about the money they are making.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by russjp
Activity based pay is an hourly rate which increases with length of service which for newbies has been well documented on here, so to give you an example, we are paid 35 mins for a pre trip and 35 mins for a post trip on pikes, if you are doing a changeover then you will be paid twice for this work as you will need a new pre trip and post trip check dut to dragging different trailers so that alone is 2hrs 20 mins of pay per shift ON TOP of any mileage based pay. Other activities paid for are hooks and drops, set payment for deliveries with overtime if you run over the allotted time, waiting time is paid hourly, fuelling tractors and trailers and even paid a seperate payment for filling the DEF tank.

As far as i`m aware there is no other job operating in the same way as this certainly in this province and it is certainly an impressive operation. I`m not gonna come on here and `rose tint` the job for anyone, if you`re frightened of hard work then don`t bother applying. As professional drivers we all know that some of us can be professional whiners too and some people at Loblaws are undoubtedly no different but the one thing i PERSONALLY have not witnessed is anyone complaining about the money they are making.
So, have you seen proof that CDN $124,000 PA is being earned, or even attainable? DH says he's on 2,400 fortnightly but could earn the same weekly.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

northboy is an unknown quantity at this point

AT last some one who.s going to say how it is without the rose tinted specs. may get wagers details two. just hope they are not been nice as you are a rookie. as they do have by your nuts for a few years until P/R comes threw.keep the info coming russ .people need to know facts instead of pretty pictures
Old Apr 6th 2013, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

We have a similar system Russ . $50 per day to cover inspections and paperwork , paid hub mileage , paid fueling , paid loading and unloading , paid for turning up at a delivery site , border crossings etc . Any other delays for example getting repairs to the equipment are paid hourly . Oh and paid holidays to boot which is quite rare over here .
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
We have a similar system Russ . $50 per day to cover inspections and paperwork , paid hub mileage , paid fueling , paid loading and unloading , paid for turning up at a delivery site , border crossings etc . Any other delays for example getting repairs to the equipment are paid hourly . Oh and paid holidays to boot which is quite rare over here .
We get paid holidays but its like agency work in the UK where you get paid a percentage on top of your take home pay to cover holidays and its basically up to you to bank it to pay you while off
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

That will be 4% of gross for first 5yrs service ,then 6% after that.

Some companies pay it with your pay and as you rightly say some companies let you save it up,and you can use it when you want.
jimmy.

Last edited by jamesmc; Apr 7th 2013 at 3:13 pm. Reason: duh
Old Apr 7th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
That will be 4% of gross for first 3yrs service ,then 6% after that.

Some companies pay it with your pay and as you rightly say some companies let you save it up,and you can use it when you want.
jimmy.
We get 6% straight away mate, just gotta remember to put it to one side or i`ll be taking unpaid leave lol
Old Apr 7th 2013, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

wow just checked SK vacation pay .
6% for 9yrs then 8%
min vacation after 1yr =3wks ,10yrs =4wks
newfies 4% for15yrs then 6% ...............min.vacation up to 15yrs -2wks then 3wks.
thought it was same ish throughout Canada.
jimmy
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
wow just checked SK vacation pay .
6% for 9yrs then 8%
min vacation after 1yr =3wks ,10yrs =4wks
newfies 4% for15yrs then 6% ...............min.vacation up to 15yrs -2wks then 3wks.
thought it was same ish throughout Canada.
jimmy
Yeah, we were told its a 6% top up on our wage and we get 3 weeks vacation straight away
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Born_to_fish_68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all spent last 7 hours reading your posts (all 54 pages). Some valid points and some serious "ribbing" that seems to have got out of hand. I also see lots of efforts to get back on track, with that in mind how much trucking experience is required before applying for a job in Canada?

Paul
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

If you can drive a truck the jobs yours , but normally two years experience is expected .
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
If you can drive a truck the jobs yours , but normally two years experience is expected .
Two years licence holding and zero experience will do at some companies.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:10 am
Just Joined

I tried to quote the two of you ie; Mttm and mickfly but only one quote per post perhaps. So rather than missing one of you out I decided neither. Anyway two years experience is good as that ties in nicely with my plans which are to do a double header on the HGV tests in September with the CPC as a follow on, then gain a minimum of two possibly three years driving experience in the UK before starting the process of applying for jobs out in Canada and looking for either PNP or TWP posts driving.

Paul
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:17 am
Just Joined

This three week leave thing is that the minimum paid leave (yes I understand you get paid on top and have to budget it in to your spending and saving) or the maximum you can take with any company?

Once you have PR could you then lower your work to a couple of shifts per week and take the two months off in the summer to spend time with the kids while they're on summer break?

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.